Search results

1. Cd changer liner

Got mine from Dave at sere motors, has ebay shop....seremotorgroup http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SEAT-LEON-MK1-GLOVEBOX-INSERT-REMOVE-CD-CHANGER-MORE-STORAGE-/171328359633?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27e3f74cd1
  2. Snow inevitably coming... need advice!

I needed four new tyres last November so plumped for mid range uniroyal winter tyres - cheaper than a summer set on standard 17" alloys. Worked a treat, we live in hilly area and always get bad weather and have struggled many times previously, was able to get around and use all the back roads...
  3. jacking points

I use a block of wood with a channel cut out placed on top of trolley jack so as not to knacker up the sills. Tho garage or tyre fitters have still managed to spoil what were pristine straight sills/lips despite my efforts. Never take the covers off either, no need when using trolley, then axle...
  4. steaming up.. but will not clear.. glass cleaner needed

As a temporary measure I stuck polythene sheet to the bottom of the door card to force the water back out rather than going over the door sill into car. Been like that for good few months, just need time to fix along with door lock control unit soldering to sort out intermittent failure of...
  5. Mintex pads and disks

Or assuming fr tdi, take the opportunity to upgrade from 288 to 312 diameter disks, you use original calipers but need to swap the caliper carriers to ones off golf mk4 anniversary or skoda octavia vrs mk1. Quick search will cover other donor models. Worthwhile upgrade if you can get carriers...
  6. Please help - leon cupra r mk1 sat nav/radio

I got the same head unit in mk1 Leon fr. Simply turn the right knob to navigate around the screen and push in to select highlighted character/number. Can be a bit tedious when trying to find address but that was the technology back then. I keep meaning to look for newer map cd as I have been...
  7. LCR: refitting jacking point covers

If I remember when I last did them (its been a few years as never take them off now) hold in hand between thumb and forefinger so that outer painted part is thumb side, pop the outer painted side in first then squeeze thumb finger together to bend the plastic together and pop in at the rear...
  8. Calling all experts - spungy brakes on leon tdi!

I have 05 tdi and the cap has previously unscrewed. Blamed garage after service as noticed undone but did it to me also after disk/ pad change. As the fluid is hygroscopic I.e. absorbs moisture and lowers boiling point plus the unknown period of time cap loose, I elected to pump fresh fluid thro...
  9. Front mudflaps with sideskirts?

I have fr hence side skirts. found wings chipped and rusting so got resprayed and made flaps out of a set of rally flaps. Cut in half to make two and then fixed using the three screws holding the skirt/lining on-needed a spacer for inner screw to keep flap flat. If get chance will take photo...
  10. Upgrading to 312 brakes from 288

Pads are the same as its the same calipers, just that the caliper is located further out on carrier to accommodate larger disk
  11. Todays Roads !

Well thanks to the 'cost effective' road surface the council keeps putting down, I now have plenty of stone chipped missing paint on wings near the sill and rust appearing. Now need to get fixed before winter salt wrecks the car further. The council, in the same week have 'fixed' one bit of road...
  12. Plastic car ramp, around 12-14cm?

As above, some 2"x8" with a chamfered edge. That's what I use just to get car high enough off ground to get trolley jacks under, i don't remove jacking point covers. Granted my wood was free from roof purlings from next door
  13. Hids fitting

I fastened Passenger side ballast inside the plastic air flow panel you remove to get to the light, drivers there is a nut just under the washer bottle so I made bracket and bolted to this hence both out sight
  14. Fr+ tdi

Rear anti roll bar, brake upgrade from 288 to 312, if getting exhaust go for stage two remap.... :-)
  15. Clunking noise from undernath when reversing off drive

I had knocking when turning into drive over small kurb. Now gone -turned out to be track rod end knackered. It wasn't picked up during four wheel aligment when i took it in to check as steering\handling no longer feeling spot on, before but by me giving the front brakes an overhaul the followng...
  16. Brake pads

To upgrade from 288 to 312 you need the carriers which hold the caliper to the hub. simply swap with your existing carrier and use larger disk, no need to disconnect brake line etc. plenty of donor cars i got mine from mk1 octavia vrs, quick search will provide donor list
  17. Deafeningly loud high pitched noise in Mk1 with back windows wound down 3-4" at30MPH!

Had the same with previous Citroën zx 5 door, didn't do it on zx 3 door but it had different rear windows hence different air flow
  18. What a rip off door lock

Ah well, Worth a try first I suppose....
  19. What a rip off door lock

Found the following but depends if your handy with soldering... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1542461
  20. How much of a lip before you change the front discs?

Depends how good you are with your tools, afterall he said the lip is thin, no need to put on my lathe if I can achieve the same effect with careful use of hand tools. People have different skills and tools available to them, it was simply a suggestion that is achievable. For a disk to be in...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.