Search results

1. Phillc

Sad goodbye to the Leon

Well after a lot of thought i have decided to break the Leon, i did not take this decision lightly but its the only option to raise the funds i need, so its a sad day:(, i will still come on the site and will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have to do with modding the Leon. Thanks...
  2. Phillc

Advice please

I feel a bit embarrassed asking this really, but here goes, i have changed my center vent gauges for pillar ones and due to my X Line gauges being part of the vent install and not removable i have bought some new ones :( what a pita they are, the needles move when ever anything electrical is...
  3. Phillc

Key Snapped!!

Had this happen to me today, I went to pick up my son from after school club, returned to the car pressed the button to flick the key out and it flew of and landed on the floor :wtf: it had snapped at the base of the key, leaving about a cm of the key attached to the main part, i cant...
  4. Phillc

Samco dump valve??

Anyone tried the new Samco dump valve? Lookie here
  5. Phillc

Vibratechnics

I have just fitted my fast road vibratechnics and i am a little dissapointed, there is a lot of vibration and they seem to make the car sound loader, although this may be my imagination. I had THS mounts before which where good and didn't cause much vibration, i did read up on the vibratechnics...
  6. Phillc

Battery relocation

Well i have had my relocation for quite a while now and the only thing that bothered me was not having a spare, i didn't want to mount the battery in the boot space so that wasn't an option. When Tim (Ronin-225) broke his S3 and i noticed it had a space saver and this started me thinking. I had...
  7. Phillc

Yet another LC being sold as an "R"

Just found THIS on the bay, i have emailed the seller and this is the reply i got "it is the car being sold it is the cupra r when u put the details in for insurance quotes it comes up with leon cupra r i think the model changes on the 03 model onwards mines 2002. cheers" I have asked for a...
  8. Phillc

Projector hid how to.

Well as promised i am going to start a guide to making your own projector hid head lights. You can do both main and dipped beam or just dipped its up to you. What you need to do is buy your kit, or if doing both two kits, the one i have you get every thing you need; light unit, bulbs, slim line...
  9. Phillc

Cam Timing

Just a quick question, as some of you are aware i have started to put my new engine together, i am just doing the timing and the cams look a bit out, with the exhaust cam lined up the inlet is alittle past its mark, there are 16 rollers on the cam tensioner chain as there should be between the...
  10. Phillc

LCR 225 Steering wheel badge swap.

Well my latest small mod has been to my LCR 225 steering wheel, as with all things that make it onto my Cupra originally meant for the LCR i remove anything with an "R" on it so when i got the wheel i removed the badge and painted it black, But i have found there are Cupra versions available...
  11. Phillc

Changing rear wheel bearings Guide

Well after putting up with the rumbling drone from my rear wheel bearings i decided to change them. After looking are and for some hints i found very little so thought i would do a guide. I apologize for some blurry photo's. Here is a picture of all the tools i used. First things first...
  12. Phillc

Injector help

I am currently running the stock LCR injectors in my car (380cc?) but am having the head ported and gas flowed, together with uprated larger exhaust valves, now assuming the flow will now be increased would it be a good move to change the injectors and if so to what?
  13. Phillc

Crankshaft shells??

I will be rebuilding my engine soon and am ordering the crank shaft upper and lower shells but i have found that there are different types (colours??) "06B105561 is correct for the upper shells but there is a choice of red, black or yellow - doesnt tell me the difference but its obviously...
  14. Phillc

OE compression

Anyone know what the stock compression figures should be on an AUQ engine?
  15. Phillc

AMK wrist pins

Quick qustion, do AMK pistons have 20mm wrist pins like the BAM pistons do?
  16. Phillc

Light weight pulleys - opinions....

As title really what do people think ...anyone got any fitted? notice any difference? just looking at this as its supposed to increase BHP but dont know anything about them.
  17. Phillc

Headlight Washers

I have just fitted the pop out headlight washers and the 5L washer bottle, but i have not cut the hole in the bumper(Yet), my question is has anyone got these fitted on the Cupra R or fitted on a Cupra R bumper, if so can you please post a pic of where the hole is in the bumper. Thanks :D
  18. Phillc

Fault code, what now??

I recently got the following fault code 17748 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incor. Correlation P1340 - 35-00 - - I have now replaced both the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor and the code is still there has anyone had this code? and if so what did you...
  19. Phillc

Camshaft sensor

Does anyone know if this is a plug and play sensor or does it require any calibration via Vag-com. Thanks
  20. Phillc

Accelerator pedal

Does anyone know if the pedal needs re-calibrating with Vag-Com if its been unplugged, l know the throttle body does not sure on the pedal.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members