Search results

1. Fuel Economy and Range

Averaging 59 to 61mpg in my 62 plate 143 Tech, but 95% of my trips are motorways with the cruise control at 70mph... typically I do about 500 miles a week. I know they made the gearing longer in the later models (mine) so this must help mpg. Been really pleased with the car, so much more...
  2. Safety Recall

Got mine back from dealer last night they had the car for a full 2 days. The flywheel fitted was confirmed as one of the faulty batch so was replaced under warranty. Thankfully the car has gone back together rattle free.... well no more rattles than before:) Its just so nice driving...
  3. Safety Recall

Whooa!! 3 days!!! mines in at the moment they said it would take a day but it has run into a 2nd day. So I am tooling about in a 1.2 Ibiza:( I dont think I could stand another day driving it. Will let you know if my Altea has gone back together rattle free later today.
  4. Safety Recall

Mine went in to be looked at today and yes it has to go in for a replacement:cry: The garage rekon at 5 hours labour as the engine and gearbox will need to part company glad Seat are paying. Just hope she goes back together without rattles or any other issues. Will report back once...
  5. Cambelt Change Costs

Believe me I will be phoning around when the time comes.
  6. Cambelt Change Costs

Well just had the 30k service done on the Altea and I thought that I would pluck up the courage to ask how much the 60k cambelt change would be on TDi Sport...... Get ready cause this is gonna hurt:headhurt: £425 all in ..... then dont forget the 60k service ontop so assuming you dont...
  7. modified altea

Seen less plastic in a tupperware party.... And as for the exhausts they would not look out of place on a racing 1.2 Corsa!:lol: Very Very SAD :doh:
  8. Service cost

They have got to be taking the p*ss with that quote. The annual 10k service should be no more than £160 and for high milers like me the 10k check and oil change should be £95. My 20k service was £220 ..... I hate to think what they will fleece you for that!!! When I rang round the...
  9. Cold Weather Creaks

Yep my dash is creaking like mad since the cold weather. My old Leon was just the same. I have learnt to live with it as trying sort the rattles tends to involve dashboard removal which creates even more rattles than before. I find that tyre roar tends to drown out the rattles most of the...
  10. 20k service and tyres - help please?

You are joking .... 44psi !!! thats crazy :blink:
  11. 20k service and tyres - help please?

Im running 35 psi all round on my 17's although more often than not i have the car loaded up with work stuff so need to run a little more in the back tyres. I found that 32psi at the fronts made the car feel very heavy and prone to understeer... at the end of the day its all down to personal...
  12. 20k service and tyres - help please?

The Falkens are exactly the same spec as the Bridgestones i.e. 225 45 17 ZR which I believe are rated to 186mph...... I will need a fecking big slope for that :D
  13. 20k service and tyres - help please?

Sounds like your getting a good deal on the service the cheapest I could manage was £221 from Camberley Seat Service centre. As for your tyre wear I would check carefully the tread in the center portion as mine had plenty of tread on the inner and outer parts of the tyre but in the center...
  14. 20k service and tyres - help please?

I just squeezed 21k out of my front Bridgestone RE50's 17 inch though I do 90% motorway miles. If money was no object I would have replaced them with Goodyear F1's but at £110 a corner I just could not afford that with xmas round the corner... Kids who'd have em :shrug: So I have gone...
  15. Space saver spare wheel?

Hello I take it you have gone for the spare tyre option which I believe means you will lose the dual level boot floor no idea what size tyre you will get. I think most of us have just gone for the standard can of foam repair and the VW 12 volt pump which is supposed to be able to bridge...
  16. Service cost

It is my understanding that you can get your Seat serviced at any VAG dealer be it Veedub Skoda or Audi without effecting the warranty in any way same goes for any warranty repairs also. Not tried a Skoda dealer myself yet but come the 20k service ( 16k at present) will have a ring round if...
  17. Service cost

I would try a local Skoda dealer...... 190 quid for 10k service is a P#ss take.
  18. Service cost

You have had a result with the replacement mats...... although I am sure you will need new ones again at 20K. Maybe Seat might change the service routine..... Oil, Filter, New Mats :rolleyes:
  19. Service cost

Paul what mileage did you get out of your tyres? i am not sure I will get much over 15 thousand out of my Bridgestones. Not sure what make i will be replacing them with as the 17's are pretty expensive... Goodyear F1's are over £100 per corner.... will have to see how flush i am at the time...
  20. Service cost

Well done getting the price down with Seat Camberley though why they dont just give you the cheaper service without you having to point it out is beyond me. I had reservations with Wiltshires.... but things seem to have got better though as this service is little more than a oil n filter...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.