Search results

1. FSiLeonMike

What Size Struts???

Just a quickie, I now have a '58 plate 2.0TDi PD140 I want to lower it (probably on Eibachs), but apparently, there are 2 sizes of strut, 50mm and 55mm. Now, I understand that the part to measure is the bottom of the strut where it fixes into the "steering", and without taking wheels off...
  2. FSiLeonMike

2.0 fsi, 2nd gear

I have a 2.0fsi reference sport, 2007. 2nd gear has become a little grindy to get into, only happens going up the gears. Anyone else with a petrol 6 speed box experienced this? Any idea why its happening, all the other gears are fine, and changing down into second from third no problem...
  3. FSiLeonMike

BTCC Silverstone Finale, 16 October

OK, so, the season draws to a close, and will.................. Jason Plato take the championship, or will it go to a Honda?:think: Will Chris James keep all his wheels? Will we see another Full NGTC podium, or even a win? Will Phil and Nibbles have a really nasty hangover on Sunday...
  4. FSiLeonMike

BTCC, Brands Hatch, 2nd October 2011

OK, so, the season is nearing its end, just Brands and Silverstone to go. The BTCC Barmy Army will, as always be in attendance on the South Bank (weather permitting) Apart from the Army Stalwarts, who else is going? Remember, you can all join the party on the south bank, (and take the...
  5. FSiLeonMike

BTCC Snetterton, 6/7 August

So, who's going? Simples!
  6. FSiLeonMike

Parrot

Hi All, Quite a straight forward one I hope Is this stereo compatible with a parrot?
  7. FSiLeonMike

LED Sidelight Bulbs

OK, when I had my MkI Leon, I used LED sidelight bulbs for a while, but after a while, they started flashing, I guess this was due to them developing a fault, or the car not liking them due to lack of resistance. Anyway, to the point, bulbs are available with resistors, advertised as "CANBUS...
  8. FSiLeonMike

Induction Kit 2.0 FSi

Anyone know of a decent induction kit for a 2.0FSi Leon (not a TFSi) I know the power gain will be pretty muck zero, but I just want that lovely rumle when it ticks over etc.
  9. FSiLeonMike

LCR Splitter

Has anybody fitted an LCR splitter to a MkII Leon with the standard bumper (Esscence/Reference/Stylance/Sport) and not the FR/Cupra bumper, wondered how they look. Photo would be good if you have one
  10. FSiLeonMike

Dash Lit up on my 2.0FSi

OK, had the car a month, happy up until this EPC and Engine Management?????? These don't go off until after the engine is running, thought they should go off before. Plus, when starting cold, has to turn over a few times before it'll fire up, OK when warm though. Suggestions?
  11. FSiLeonMike

OEM wheel bolts.

daft question maybe, but are all mk2 leon OEM alloys using the same type of wheel bolts? Or are some taper and some radius types. I'm taking the OEM 16s off my reference sport, and putting some 17s from a 2007 FR on.
  12. FSiLeonMike

Adam Jones' car up for sale

http://www.touringcarspares.com/car_details.php?id=80 Pretty sad, almost certain that we won't see Adam back this year, (unless he gets a seat at Special Tuning UK for the second half of the season) Hope it stays in the UK, still eligible in the BTCC until 2013, when S2000 cars will be...
  13. FSiLeonMike

UPDATE: New Turbo

OK, I'll tell the whole story. Turbo blew (bearing gave out, and did the usual, wore the vanes, destroyed the seal, sucked some oil through the air intake system, lots of smoke) Got me a recon turbo, tried to de-oil/sludge the boost pipes and inlet manifold as best I could. Fitted new...
  14. FSiLeonMike

Tom Boardman, Club SEAT/Special Tuning UK

Well, I'm kinda glad that at least 1 Leon will be coming out to play this year, (Special Tuning UK site says they aim for 2......................good times) Great to see Boardman back on UK turf in the BTCC. Question is, if they push the secong car out, who's gonna be sitting in it...
  15. FSiLeonMike

Facelift Cupra Seats

I've just bought some facelift Cupra seats for my TDi 90. They are not the fully electric ones. I guess fitment wise they are a straight swap. But are the airbag plugs for the front seats the same, just a case of disconnect battery, unplug old seats, plug new ones in?
  16. FSiLeonMike

Found this under my seat

OK, found this under my drivers seat, on the floor. I know where its from, it runs, under the seat, front to back, in a channel, along the door side of the seat. Question, what is its purpose and is my seat still safe? I can see where it hooks on the front, but the back hook point...
  17. FSiLeonMike

Brands Hatch BTCC Finals Day, October 4th

OK, so the season is drawing to a close again, only seems like 5 minutes since we were all on the South Bank, seeing the Cartridge World Leons, and Mr Plato in his Lacetti go into action for the first time. Who's in, and heading for the South Bank then?
  18. FSiLeonMike

BTCC at Rockingham, 20/09/09

Well, next round is the Rock, just wondered who was going? If you have a ticket from a prevous 2009 BTCC meeting, its a £5.00 off entry voucher, so you can pay on the gate, at the online advance price, and not have to pay postage!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. FSiLeonMike

CVR pull the plug!!!!!!!

Sad news, Clyde Valley Racing have withdrawn from the BTCC. However, Cartridge World are aiming to run Adam Jones to the end of the season independantly from CVR. I'm sure this will get around pretty quickly, this is the quote I received via the Cartridge World Carbon Zero Racing group on...
  20. FSiLeonMike

BTCC Silverstone convoy, 30/08/09

OK, who's up for meeting up and convoying in? Services on the M1, J15A? 7:45ish?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members