Search results

1. JonoUK

How to model a 3D Leon ll

Blueprints :) http://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/show/1256/seat_leon/
  2. JonoUK

Closing your windows with your keyfob

07 plate, don't close unless you keep holding.
  3. JonoUK

Very Strange: car fully reset after regenerating

I'd take it to a dealer if it were my car. I got an emissions light on my car once, didn't affect the performance or anything, and even though the light went out shortly after (after I'd turned the car off and left it for a while) it still went in... They replaced some kind of sensor and touch...
  4. JonoUK

Random rant & tyres

When I had the michelins on the car was just as useless in snow. Maybe a 10 degree slope from standstill on snow and ice and I had to get pushed up it by a couple of nice people. (Driving out of a car park). They were pretty much fit for the bin, however - still had some decent tread on...
  5. JonoUK

Random rant & tyres

Oh I know, but even compared to my 1.3 corolla or the miniscule engined Gayo (Aygo) I got as a courtesy car it was awful.
  6. JonoUK

Random rant & tyres

I own an FR TDI. I really quite love it. I had the misfortune of being given a 1.6 Vauxhall Meriva hire car for about 1 hour the other day from Bristol International Airport> cross country > M5 > M4 > Newport, Wales. I've come to the conclusion that crap cars such as that cause road rage...
  7. JonoUK

CD Drive Defect

Mine started doing this yesterday, but for the past week or so it's been skipping when reading CDs (brand new ones I got for xmas, no less)...not something it's done before. And yesterday it refused to eject the CD for a few hours. Finally got it out though. I'm not happy with it and don't...
  8. JonoUK

Loss of boost

Freeze Frame: RPM: 7216 /min Load: 41.9 % Speed: 59.0 km/h That's about 36.6mph? Even in first gear that's not going to be at 7200rpm, surely? Maybe you have a faulty sensor.
  9. JonoUK

Tyre Wear

23,000 miles 18", Michelin Pilot Exalto... need changing really, but still well legal. Mainly want to change them because I'm pretty sure they're starting to suffer, but I'm not driving much and I can't afford it right this second. I change my driving style accordingly when it's wet anyway...
  10. JonoUK

Seat Assist - Quick Question

I bought my car in May 07. Did I get some kind of seat assist roadside recovery type thing... is that still valid? If not, can anyone recommend a decent roadside assistance thing, like RAC/AA but not stupidly expensive like RAC seems to be. As much cover as possible, but not necessarily...
  11. JonoUK

Crushing Cupra Depreciation?

Totally agree with ZBOYD. My Leon (FR TDI) was new when I bought it. As was my previous car. I'll never buy a new car again. Ever.... unless the dealers stop abusing us. I can sort of see where they're coming from, but you'd be mad to buy a new car, when a nearly new (1 year old) example will...
  12. JonoUK

Make Me Want The Leon!

If you drive a Leon, fit girls will expose their breasts as you drive past them. True story. I can think of no better reason to buy one. Drive both again, as much as you can. All cars seem to be losing their value stupidly fast atm.
  13. JonoUK

TDi FR Service Indicator

It's not correct (it's due to it still being in foreign distance mode), it's normal. It's due a service every 10,000miles or 15,000km. 15k km is 9320(ish) miles. So it's perfectly normal. Just leave it until 10k miles and take it for a service. You'll have about 600 miles of "service now"...
  14. JonoUK

Emissions Light

My light came on once, then didn't come on again, when it was in for its service about 500 miles later they said it was a pressure sensor that had gone a bit screwy, so they replaced it under warranty.
  15. JonoUK

fr tdi mpg!

Because it has less than half the power, and is probably awful. :D Plus not everyone wants a small car. Plus, I don't think anyone's THAT worried about MPG... but a diesel should be able to get significantly better mpg than say a 3L BMW petrol engine.
  16. JonoUK

Mats for Leon FR

Why don't mine clip onto the floor? :( I think i need new ones.
  17. JonoUK

fr tdi mpg!

How many miles have you done in it, total? You could see probalbly 52mpg if you stuck to the speed limit and didn't accelerate too hard. You'd probably be bored though. What you have there sounds about rightish. Having aircon on knocks about 3mpg off what you'd get with it on econ.
  18. JonoUK

DPF/Additive Poll.

Voted no additives/no problems: a) Mostly Long throughout its life, done some shorter ones recently, mixed with longer ones b) Normal Diesel - had some BP ulitimate/equivalent but didn't notice any difference and it costs too much c) Mostly whatever the traffic's doing, half and half I'd say...
  19. JonoUK

Any Common Faults or Issues with FR TDI

Pressure sensors in the exhaust system are prone to failure/fault. I've had one replaced now at its 20k service. Other than that - nothing in addition to what's already been mentioned. And when you drive the car you stop caring/noticing its flaws.
  20. JonoUK

Sporty diesel Leon?

Maybe they're finding it difficult to squeeze out (enough) extra power from the 170 engine with the DPF in place to make it worthwhile for them?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.