Search results

1. Mike Green

Flicking through cars for sale websites and damn the mk1 LC/LCR prices have dropped..

As said above the cost of petrol, insurance, tax bracket and running costs have killed this type of car. I was never going to sell my LCR, loved it, but then 2 months ago I had to because as much as I like cars I'm not going to spend all my hard earned cash on one. You just have to look on...
  2. Mike Green

Cambelt

Unless the belt looks in poor state - which you can only tell if you take it off as it may be worn in one place only and thats all it takes, you don't really know - it can snap at any slightly weakened point. Defo if in doubt replace, there was a story on here a couple of weeks ago by...
  3. Mike Green

To change or not to change...

I had the same scenario - 5 year old LCR, had to spent in next couple of months 4 new tyres, brake discs, cambelt etc. I decided to chop it in as I got a pretty good price on it considering it needed things replacing. Why not see what 'deal' you can get and that may make your mind up for...
  4. Mike Green

Advice needed from Diesel drivers...what to get for my next Leon...

I a month or so ago bought a 1.9tdi. This over in the UK south was a fair bit cheaper than the 2.0. In fact I paid less for a car with less than 4k miles on a 10 plate than a 2.0 would have cost me with 28k miles on a 09 plate! There is a difference in spec, obviously. The 1.9 is noticeably...
  5. Mike Green

Which one to buy??

I personally always go through dealers to get some warranty, worth the extra in my eyes. I really think the £7.5k is overpriced, especially as its 7 years old. £8.5k for a mint LCR with 30k miles sounds good. Definately a no brainer to me.
  6. Mike Green

Which one to buy??

30k miles LCR's are hard to find - for an extra £1k I would defo go for platinum grey. I suppose its worth seeing what you can get both for at best lowest price. If you can drop say an extra £500 on the red or grey that will make your mind up for you! I would say either the plat grey is at...
  7. Mike Green

Strange Lock

That sounds like a faulty door latch - I had the same. Basically it started with me when I noticed the lights not flashing when I locked it, then the door sometimes wouldn't lock, then after a while the door wouldn't open! The car would have failed its mot so had it checked out - and it cost...
  8. Mike Green

condensation

Fairly common problem, I have it from time to time. Do a search as it has been discussed many times. A blast of the air con will do the trick (if you have it). Could be due to window or door seals being broken and moisture getting in.
  9. Mike Green

What is this?

I had this in my glove box, never found out what it was!
  10. Mike Green

Can you advise on price please?

You must see the car first.
  11. Mike Green

seat leon tdi 150 price

That sounds a very good price. Only 54k miles. Remember to check tread on the tyres!!
  12. Mike Green

price help

It's hard to say. Depends if it has FSH, what year car is, wear on tyres, condition of car etc etc. 100k is certainly a drop in value of any car as its a milestone. I couldn't begin to put a price on it unless you give more information.
  13. Mike Green

price help

What year is it? I was looking at an FR on a 57 plate up for £11.5k with 30k miles from a stealer. If its older and an extra 70k miles I would say this is highly priced.
  14. Mike Green

hello whats the mpg for a cupra r 225??

As tOm says get it serviced. Those figures are terrible. I used to commute 30 miles a day, mixed driving and I always got over 300 miles to a tank. Also to OP - on here you tend to get people saying how low their mpg is to look 'cool'. For general driving you should be looking at 100 miles...
  15. Mike Green

Would you change fuel?

It's always an on going debate this one - I asked the same question many years ago. Everyone has their own opionions on this and they all vary. My personal view and experience is that on my old LCR I used Vpower and Tesco 99 for 6 months or so when I bought the car, then as prices were...
  16. Mike Green

Rough estimate price?

I don't know the age of your car but you should get more than £3k for your LCR. I got £6k for my LCR last week with 65k miles. I would say if you put the cupra up for £2,250 you will be offered £2k for it. Cars over £100k are not worthless but £100k is a milestone and puts a lot of people...
  17. Mike Green

Looking To Go From MK2 TDI FR To A Leon Cupra MK2

All i'll say is - petrol/diesel costs are only going to go up so when you find a partner again, don't look back and regret this decision. Personally I wouldn't say its worth changing from an FR to a cupra especially as you are doing miles. I have just done the opposite - moved from an LCR to a...
  18. Mike Green

LCR has left the building....

Hello all I have finally bitten the bullet and my LCR has gone - traded this in for a 1.9tdi Mk2. LCR prices are reasonably high if you are thinking of selling - I think I got a fair price for mine through part ex, something I thought I would never say. Gutted it's gone, but will save...
  19. Mike Green

mp3/ipod connection

You are using the USB connection - this cannot be used to play sound unless you buy as mentioned above the USB connector through seat. However just do what I did - plug into your aux with a jack to jack converter - I bought mine for £3.99 at Maplin. Works a treat, don't need to use the USB.
  20. Mike Green

1.9 TDI - help on mpg or I may return car!!

I had a look at the ecomotive and I think it was the 1.2 (could be wrong) that has book values of over 80 mpg - but the dealer said to me several people he knows have had them and they cannot get over late 60's in them. If I had a few more grand I would have gone for your 1.6 as the mpg is...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.