Search results

1. gregster72

Leon fr+

Totally agree fella. If they'd be prepared to replace the bushes and tyres, and move a bit on the price to reflect the exterior issues I may well go for this. ;)
  2. gregster72

Leon fr+

Ok, been, seen and driven. Very nice motor. Mechanically sound. Movement on the wishbone bushes, so they'll need changing. No apparent clutch or DMF problems. Started sweet enough from cold. Front tyres (Pirelli P6000) were borderline. Interior was very nice. Thankfully the car was indoors...
  3. gregster72

Leon fr+

Was wondering how long it would take to get the festive reference in.... :cartman:
  4. gregster72

Leon fr+

Plenty of top info here chaps, many thanks to all contributors. I've made a list, and hopefully will go and see her in the morning!! Will keep you posted. cheers G
  5. gregster72

Leon fr+

Cheers guys for all the responses. Plenty to consider. Many thanks. Greg
  6. gregster72

Leon fr+

Looking to shift my T5, and spotted a Mk1 Fr+ with a trader that looks tempting. Reasonable miles at 63k on a 55 plate, and may take a look on the weekend. So need to pick your brains guys, any things in particular to look out for??? Anyone care to share any good, bad and indifferent...
  7. gregster72

Leon FR - Preferred Diesel

Don't mention BP Ultimate. Put 20 quids worth in at Leigh Delamare services on Sun avo, and the DPF had got into limp mode by the time I'd reached Newport! DPF light came on within 10mins of leaving the pumps....:wtf:
  8. gregster72

Vag Com Code - Coil Light Flashing FR TDI 170 2008

Soz to hear of these bad experiences. :( Funnily enough, mine has just had its 20k service and I've been having intermittent probs with the whole flashing coil light and messages on the MFD. Dealer gave me a copy of the diagnostic report, and apparently its an 'exhaust gas temp sensor'...
  9. gregster72

How much are 18" Fr alloys worth ??

Was quoted a stupid figure by a main dealer for the rim only!! My front near-side was marmalised by a HGV (its a long story - don't ask!!)*****************************
  10. gregster72

140Tdi Car Tax

It gets better!! Check out the DVLA site below http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=HhSF16Lz4k6ncRxT2LTvLcyhG8Nv9VTfJy2GSr3mGXhFDdQwhnsm!-1165834827!-1558157663?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry...
  11. gregster72

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

Ibiza Cupra Tdi If only I had the finances to run the 'beeza and the FR......
  12. gregster72

Engine noise problem solved!! - Seat Bulletin available

I too have suffered from the dreaded 'moo'!!! Car went to the dealer last month for its 10k service, and do you think it made a noise when I tried to demonstrate to the service manager that all was not right?? Did it feck!!! Typical!! Anyway, waited for an hour for the service to be...
  13. gregster72

Seat Leon Chrome Dials

I'll be interested in a set when you've got them. Keep us posted...??
  14. gregster72

Roof Bars

My Thule roofbars and bits arrived last week, but haven't had a chance to put them together yet. I had similar bars for my Ibiza with Thule bike carriers and had no probs with them. Not sure about the fitment of alternative brand carriers with these bars though...
  15. gregster72

To flap or not to flap?

morleymackam - was thinking the same when I bought my yellow FR, but the dealer talked me out of it and I went for sill protectors instead. I'd certainly take the front ones off your hands if you don't want 'em.....
  16. gregster72

Roof rack

www.skidrive.co.uk is well worth a look. They've got a Thule Aerobar kit for £105 (del inc). I've got some of these on my Ibiza Cupra Tdi at the 'mo and have had no probs with roof damage. Regularly have two mountain bikes up top. Should be picking up my Leon FR Tdi soon, so will be...
  17. gregster72

Raymonds Garage, Pontyberem.

Nice one, matey! :cartman: Must admit I've never thought of FRF. They must have got their acts together then 'cos I remember when they were a cruddy Vauxhall franchise! Would be interesting to see how servicing prices compare. White Dove quoted me nearly £200 for my 10k service back in the...
  18. gregster72

Raymonds Garage, Pontyberem.

I cannot recommend these guys enough!! Bought my Ibiza Cupra TDi just over two years ago from here. They put together a great deal, and I was (and still am!) more than impressed with the attention to detail and the focus on customer care. The car has now covered 31k miles, and it has been...
  19. gregster72

Bike Rack

I think the current price is about £105 all in (bars, fitting kit, locks, vat and del!!)for the ally aerobar type, but you can get the cheaper black square ones for around £80. Did loads of net surfing before i got mine, and www.skidrive.co.uk had the better deals. The price of the bike racks...
  20. gregster72

Bike racks problem

:cartman: Gotta agree with DaveP. Thule Aerobars and separate racks are a far better option than a boot mounted jobbie. Got a good deal from www.skidrive.co.uk
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.