Search results

1. screeching noise part 2...

sounds like a timing belt, get it checked out to be on the safe side
  2. Cassette Safe Mode?

help! I've got the same problem but the radio does not switch on for me unless the key is in the ignition so I cant try the above fix, any ideas?
  3. What would you swap your leon for?

Hmm I never really considered the diesel, it is really that much better?
  4. What would you swap your leon for?

^ thinking a beemer 330 myself, I'd want an upgrade in power on my Cupra. I've had my LC for almost 3 years now, has been brilliant for me but I fancy a change. Always wanted a beefy beemer with its rear wheel drive
  5. The secret to decent MPG in your LCR !

Exacto! If on long trip wthen take it easy and you'll achieve good mpg. If you come to nice twisty roads and its empty then open the taps and have some fun.....would be a shame to have a willing car and not use it for a laugh when the opportunity presents itself
  6. Best Looking Cupra!!!!

true :)
  7. Best Looking Cupra!!!!

cant quite put my finger on why this looks so cool from behind for me....but it does
  8. Picking up my LC tomorrow

Good stuff mate, I'm sure you wont regret it. Had mine for two years and despite minor issues it's been bulletproof. In fact I'm thinking of taking it to the south of france for a trip as I'm that confident in it
  9. did you buy the 1st leon you went to see?

hey thats nothing to be ashamed of, had a clio myself before getting my Cupra :D
  10. cupra r boot lock

just to add another method to try if it happens - try rocking the handle up and down gently until you hopeful hear the click which unlocks it. Mine locked up again, I tried the above and it opened again. Gonna need to try and get some more lube in there
  11. cupra r boot lock

This forum is a lifesaver :D Had the problem come up yesterday, took the inside trim off (was a bit of a nightmare) today and followed the instructions to lube up the mentioned components and its working now. Luckily I had a friend around to assist me with putting the trim back on. Will now...
  12. did you buy the 1st leon you went to see?

Saw a regular 1.8 Seat Leon first and wasnt terribly impressed with its power, then went and saw my first Cupra and it was in mint condition, fully serviced and ran like clockwork....bought it there and then! The ad was only online for about 20mins and I got lucky and saw the car first.
  13. Lumpy idling

any luck? seems like you got dam unlucky with your purchase. I've got the exact same year and model and i got similar problems but they arrived much later on and were fairly straightforward to fix. Good luck
  14. Running Lean

might be worth checking and cleaning the throttle body, do a search and you'll find the guide It's quick and cheap so nothing lost by doing it
  15. I've bought an LCR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet! remember to keep the bodywork clean and out of the sun if possible as red fades badly
  16. Front Brake Disc size for 2001 Cupra

cheers all, seems like 312 is the most likely correct ones.
  17. Front Brake Disc size for 2001 Cupra

thats a tad worrying. my cars a y-reg, am I to assume that this is an earlier 2001 model and therefore I need the smaller discs? The pads I have are definitely big ones, I know cos I was sent incorrect smaller ones twice by an online retailer
  18. just won £1500, what to buy??

Ultimate Cinema surround system, HD heaven :D I'd say spread it around the car to improve the whole thing; uprated suspension, brakes, air filter + exhaust, remap and finally a damn good service
  19. Front Brake Disc size for 2001 Cupra

thanks for the info. Just that I've seen a brake disc of that size going real cheap, but you're right it wouldnt make much sense to get it