Search results

1. johnvx220

Code 00257, how to fix?

Leon FR170 The following error code 00257 ABS inlet valve front left is showing on the reader. I can find what needs to be replaced - just a repair kit or a complete new pump. Can theses be repaired and how c an service this? Any links would be very much appreciated, thank you.
  2. johnvx220

Cupra Storage advice - Does it need running to prevent damage? (6month Period)

I am not sure about a cover, even the ones who are breathble I have found not worth while. This is a true story of a freinds woes. He went away for 4 monthes so thought it would be a good idea to get a breathable cover. Fitting it he broke of one of the mirrors. It gets better, he carefully...
  3. johnvx220

How old are you?

Looking at your profile you got the same car, Tdi fr 204bhp/ 420nm and the cars you have had are all that have been around during my driving years. Real cars that you took your own life in your hands, ie no abs, servo ass brakes, eps, steering with the back of the car around bends, not so much...
  4. johnvx220

How old are you?

Must be something in the very expensive water down here in Plymouth, I turned 52, but its nice to see even older guys local around driving great cars.
  5. johnvx220

Tyre choice

I live in Plymouth and here we have granite kerbstones which lean outwards in narrow roads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Granite 10 - alloy wheeel 0. No contest. I just have to either take the risk of having the cars side struck or every year have the wheels refurbished.
  6. johnvx220

Tyre choice

Rim protectors do not protect the rims. Even a slight touch and nearly every time it is to late. Just having a set refurbished as I post this :(.
  7. johnvx220

Tips to increase MPG ?

Tdi is the way, only 160 CO2 + remap giving 204bhp / 420kn/m + 37mpg if driven hard and a lot more if driven with a bit more care (usually after you filled up). Dont know the the 0-60 figs but seems to be fast.
  8. johnvx220

Tyre choice

I have fitted the rear with toyo while I remove the remaining tread on the fronts. Hope to havea complete set in a few weeks and looking forward to the change from the bridgestones.
  9. johnvx220

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

Its nice to see all the cars that lets say a "younger" drive. All the early car I drove didnt have ABS, no driver aids, brakes that stop when they felt like it, road holding was very intresting to say the least and cross ply tyres which no grip. Rust was the main problem which with advances in...
  10. johnvx220

To many to mention buts here is few, Hearld, first car, fell in love with it, brought one 10 years ago or so and what a load of rubbish, Spitfire MK2, rebuilt engine 100mph at 6,000 revs + I think it was fun, it seem like it at the time, Marina...
  11. johnvx220

140Tdi Car Tax

Thanks, JOHN.
  12. johnvx220

Landed...

Had mine a year and I still want to get out in it and have a drive.
  13. johnvx220

SVE DCi X Trail - under estimated car. Fantasic for long trips to France. Road holding for a 4x4 was good, but could catch you out on long step bends. Would climb tracks that I would walk up and tow without even noticing the load on the back. Lowish Co2 with reasonable mpg. Glad I had one...
  14. johnvx220

140Tdi Car Tax

Same here (160 ) but cant find any ref to the proposed new tax bands. Can someone please but a link up, thanks.
  15. johnvx220

TDI FR Squeeling brakes!!!

"Seriously no wd40 though, wouldnt make for good driving" DO NOT USE WD40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE WD40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE...
  16. johnvx220

TDI FR Squeeling brakes!!!

Also just file a very little of the pads on the leading edge at 45 degrees or so. This has helped other cars I have had with the same problem. This is as well the adove. (If all else fails you could use WD40:lol: only joking)
  17. johnvx220

Thanks and goodbye!!

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to keep your head above water. Really hope the eye problem works out for you. The Vectra CDX, well the jury is out on that one. Best of luck for the future. JOHN
  18. johnvx220

I'm probably the dipstick here...

BUT WHY CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!. Change is good. Now 204bhp for a 2.0l diesel engine where in the past my RS2000 MK2 110bhp and that was petrol, although it was great fun steering with its ass.
  19. johnvx220

I'm probably the dipstick here...

I know its old fashion but give me a flat piece of steel with a couple of notches in it any day. It worked for over a 100 years so why change and it. It leave old f**ts like me having to check a manual just to check the oil. Progess - I dont think so :confused:.
  20. johnvx220

FR TDI vs Reference TDI Experience

Must agree, its the only car in the last few years that I have had and driven that puts a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel, (well thats in my buget). :)
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise