Search results

1. door lock woes help needed

How di you manage to get door open with it locked?
  2. door lock woes help needed

How did you manage to open door?
  3. Washer hose burst

Just looked at the girlfriends ibiza as the rear washer doesnt work. after some detective work i found that when you turn it on you get a strong jet of water from down the side of the wheel arch on the passenger side, by the ecu. ( its a 1.9tdi 05 plate) now without taking out the air filter...
  4. 2012 Facelift

Looks ok but still not on par with fords efforts. Oh and whats with the run of holes under the grill... Looks tacky and 80's stick on stuff!.
  5. removing the tailgate / boot lock barrel

Cheers for that but its the actual lock cyliner i need to change. Had to get new locks and cant work out how ghe key barrel comes out.... Wont budge!
  6. removing the tailgate / boot lock barrel

I have the plastic cover off but no idea how to remove the lock barrel? Anyone know? Its rather urgent!
  7. possibly a stupid question

Cant help on fitting part but an important thing to remember is that the shocks will have worn to the old spring settings and a suddenchange can causes premature failure. Personally i always say match the shocks to the springs for best results. You will want shocks with a shorter length. Also...
  8. Leon TDI Tuning Box

alot of these 'tuning boxes' simply mess with the fuel air ration etc and can cause alot of black smoke, rich running and other issues. My advice is to go downt he tuning avenue instead.... not to mention a decent air filter and exhaust to get the best out of what you have already!
  9. Remote centrol locking RECIEVER ( key ok but is the reciever working?)

Well that was a suprise..... Removed some extra wiring from under dash etc as takibg out led footwell lights - aftermarket, and other extra stuff. Finished off and locked car. Went bk to car as forgotten something and the door pin led was flashing!!!! Tried codibg the remote key and bingo it...
  10. Remote centrol locking RECIEVER ( key ok but is the reciever working?)

Thanks for that. The central locking works ok manually but is the remote sensor in the c.unit or else where?
  11. Remote centrol locking RECIEVER ( key ok but is the reciever working?)

Ok i lost my keys the others day and have just had a new full lock and key set fitted under my key insurance ( phew...) Tthe garage that sorted it have managed to code the keys to the immobilser and so can access car manually and start the car but was unable to code the remote for the central...
  12. drivershaft gators?

I replaced the whole joint as if its split its likely that some crap has already entered into it. However....... i purchased a outer cv joint inc gater etc by mistake a while back and kept it incase i needed it and now im selling the car its forsale! You say 'inner.outer' > is it the one...
  13. lpg conversion

I know this is an older thread now but my LC was done over 30k ago and been fab! Runs like a dream!
  14. Random stutter at start up when cold

I know this is an old thread now but forgot to post my solution! It turned out to be caused by a faulty battery!!!! Battery kept going flat if left for 3 days or so took it back to supplier who tested it and said that it was fault with 2 cells shorting out. Put in new battery and bingo.... not...
  15. best suitable tyre size?

The quality of the tyre will have afar great effect on mpg.... Also a lower profile will have less rolling resistance and so also help increase mpg. There are some good tyre tech reviews out there on the net... worth a google! Im running 215 45 17
  16. Rough estimate price?

meant to add that in my experience ebay auctions dont always come up with the best results..... people want it as cheap as they can get it in an auction!
  17. Rough estimate price?

The problem now days is not what its worth.... its what people are prepared to pay. New car prices have tumbled in recent years and peoples disposable income has followed suit.... Lots of mods now means big insurance for most and so can put alot off. You can advertise it one day and get £3k and...
  18. Decreased Tyre Pressure Poll

The best advice i can give is drive slower..... leave more room to stop unexpectedly and most of all buy the best tires you can afford! Oh and dont let them get too low as they just dont grip! I never lower my tire pressure as i have never seen any tyre maker or car maker say to do so! People...
  19. snow chains or snow socks ??

Well worth it.... I even passed a AA van with then on! Mine arrived within 3 days. Its only beg dec and so very early for snow.... Ill be happy knowing they r in the boot of the car come jan and feb!
  20. tyre question

def throw ur speedo... mine reads 70 when in actual fact im doing about 66.... using my gps. saying that is great for avoiding speed camera fines as it gives u that little extra margin of error!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.