Search results

1. Brake nightmare

I have no idea mate. I'd imagine so if they are a garage? The pedal is soft when resting foot on it goes down.
  2. Brake nightmare

Nothing at all on dash. Handbrake works fine, was just out then along the country roads doing 60 and tried the brakes, they come on but not as I expect, took abit of force. Also rather then lightly pressing the brake pedal to stop I have to go all the way down where it the becomes more of a...
  3. Brake nightmare

Hi, Recently changed the rear discs/pads and calipers myself and bled the system. However didn't feel right so took it to a local garage to have it bled as I tried 3 times and just didn't seem correct. They have rebled the system and said they are confident it's fine now however my brake...
  4. calliper help

Hi, I need to change the rear left calliper on my car as the old one is knackered. I am however struggling to find out which one i need as Euro Car Parts list a few different alternatives. Does anyone know which I need based on the below picture. It says VW TRW on the face along...
  5. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Just to update, Its been confirmed I need a new calliper and will need to bleed the system and buy some new brake fluid as I have zero in it. Don't suppose anyone knows what calliper it is as ECP list a few at different prices ranging from £70 - £100+ for mine. 57 plate FR tdi.
  6. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

I'll bare that in mind for next time if I ever attempt it. Although when taking the calliper off the pads nothing moved AFAIK I put the tool in but there was no room for the metal plate. Do you think it could be because my pads were pretty much down to the metal?
  7. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

I think Ill leave it to a friend who is going to come over at some point when he can, rather then start messing about with even more stuff and costing myself more :) Oh well, aside from that one piston, it was pretty straight forward to change discs and pads!
  8. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Hi, I did indeed use the brake pedal to release the piston, only because the wife's dad suggested i did this! To be fair though, there was no chance in hell i was winding it back in even with the tool as i could not fit the supplied metal plate in place as there was no room at all. I think the...
  9. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Can anyone advise please. I have today changed one side, only took 3 and a half hours. That piston is a pain in the arse to wind back in. That took almost 2 hours. However I think I have a problem as the seal which sits around the piston come out when I retracted the piston with the brake...
  10. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Ok thanks mate. Think I'll do the same and leave it alone. Confident in changing the discs and pads so will just do that. Purchased a wind back tool and some copper grease with the new pads/disc's. Just need to collect tomorrow from euro car parts and good to go. Might be an odd question...
  11. Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

Seems like a great guide and I'm doing this tomorrow but one question I have is regarding the bleed nipple. Does everyone need to do this? I'm confident in doing everything else but not sure on this part. Any advice Thanks
  12. Advice RE Pad/Disc purchase

Hmmm I can't seem to find any 256 diameter ones when I out my reg in the website.
  13. Advice RE Pad/Disc purchase

hi all, my rears have been squeaking lately and sounding rather worn, metal on metal kind of sound. I had the fronts changed at xmas when i had my mot done and they said the rears would need doing at some point. anyway, ive decided to give it a bash myself as it seems straight forward...
  14. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

Indeed, lesson to us all is to explore every avenue and try everything before taking it to a dealer or assuming an auto electrician is needed which I did at one point today. Instead I've saved myself some money.
  15. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

Little update on this, went to a local scrap yard and they had a blower with resistor so i asked if i could try it first and they said yes, so i tried it and nothing happened so that eliminated that. I then do some searching on here and seen someone suggest a loose connection and bend the fuse...
  16. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

So, an electrician at work has tested the blower and be said it spins up fine and is quiet. However he is not sure if its the resistor and does not know how to test as he said he doesn't know which prong is which as does not want to guess incase he blows the board. There is a repair service...
  17. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

I've had the issue before but never ever had any fault codes or scans done, just took previous advice to clean contacts etc and squirt some wd40 in the motor, didnt do much so in the end bought a used one off ebay which has lasted just over a year now. I doubt i have the relevant tools to...
  18. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

further to this, can anyone advise if this looks ok? http://share.pho.to/8Zs5R
  19. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

Hi Daniel, Thanks for that, so it tells me this 01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2) Possible Causes Fresh Air Blower (V2) defective Control Module for Fresh Air Blower (J126) defective Short of open circuit in wiring to Fresh Air Blower (V2) Climatronic Control Module (J255) malfunctioning...
  20. Blower - Fault Log VCDS

Hi, My blower has once again stopped working, it heats up fine but there is no air being circulated. You can hear the flaps opening and shutting but thats about it. The fuses are fine, However the air recirculation button does not work? Could this be a fault with the climate control unit or...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.