Search results

1. Cupra_J_RS

flashing handbrake light and beeping four times

I had this problem. Either top up the brake fluid or coolant. You say it happened when cornering - it sounds like as you corner the fluid pushes to one side of the resorvoir and the sensor is reading it as no fluid within the resorvoir. So the fluid may be within the min/max markings on the...
  2. Cupra_J_RS

colour code my bump strips. yes or no?

Or unless you buy 2nd hand / pre-prep'd ones.
  3. Cupra_J_RS

When I ordered mine, the only options I had was: Colour (blk or anthrite)? Does the front have a head light washer? So unless someone knows otherwise, I don't think so.
  4. Cupra_J_RS

Def put black bump strips back on, looks loads better. I've finally just took the colour coded bump strips off and replaced with black ones - my cars Ovni Yellow too. Front bump strip = £18ish Rear bump strip = £26ish + VAT. Make sure you order correct type and colour, they do a version...
  5. Cupra_J_RS

Brembo breaks/carriers etc

IIRC, full Brembo kit is £1100, or £1200 with grooved disks.
  6. Cupra_J_RS

Brembo breaks/carriers etc

I'd say that was too good to be true! I'd snap his hand right off if it is true.. (assuming you mean for the whole kit including calliper etc?)
  7. Cupra_J_RS

My Big LCR Project

Seen it in the flesh at UD...really smart car! Having just read the whole thread, didn't realise it was black, then purple, then white! Fully respect the amount of time, effort and thought you've put into this car. Best Leon I've seen.
  8. Cupra_J_RS

ovni paint code

Resurrecting one from the past here... Paint code for an Ovni / Onvi yellow Ibiza Cupra, this thread has 4 different codes in it. Just to confirm, is it LS1H but I loose the first digit? (I know the code is only 3 digits). Any help appreciated, J
  9. Cupra_J_RS

Spraying Interior Handles - Minor Details

FYI, I just ordered few parts from Seat, mirror switch is £18.45 + VAT (or no VAT at the moment). Part number: E6K2959565A01C
  10. Cupra_J_RS

Spraying Interior Handles - Minor Details

I also broke my little joy-stick thing off at the weekend... Link? Part number?
  11. Cupra_J_RS

Using MP3 player through the standard headunit?

Similar to the X-link... 'Dension' manufacture an Ipod interface which connects straight into the standard head unit, but you loose the ability to also have a CD changer plugged in...unless someone knows better? I paid £100 for the interface, its good, but has some functioning issues such as...
  12. Cupra_J_RS

Throttle Body Alignment

To save you the bother of reading through the other thread, the 2 obvious solutions are aligning the TB as said above, and the clutch pedal sensor. Have you checked your clutch pedal sensor?
  13. Cupra_J_RS

Throttle Body Alignment

Let me know if you sort this, my car does the same. I started another thread on here (search for: 'gear change over revving') that got quite detailed, but still no solution.
  14. Cupra_J_RS

Personalised Plates for a CUPRA - need ideas

You have a quality name, and a quality plate!
  15. Cupra_J_RS

Where Is The Squeeking Coming From

I'm told you need a press to fit the bearings, so unless you have access to one...
  16. Cupra_J_RS

Where Is The Squeeking Coming From

I'm having new wheel bearings fitted tomorrow, to the rear drivers side. £120 fitted. Not sure if the front bearings are the same price tho'.
  17. Cupra_J_RS

Can you tell me what a Cupra drives like compared with a 106 GTi ?

Edamski - is that your 106gti on Piston Heads by any chance? Brakes look well smart!!
  18. Cupra_J_RS

Can you tell me what a Cupra drives like compared with a 106 GTi ?

I too went from a 147hp 106gti to a Cupra, and I agree with most of the comments above. Get a Cupra!
  19. Cupra_J_RS

**My MK3 Cupra on D90s**

I like it. The 'Ibiza Cupra' decals aren't to my taste, but that's my opinion. Never seen those headlights before, is it a whole new headlight unit? How have you modified them?
  20. Cupra_J_RS

Slight Overrun/Revving On Gear Changes?

'as far as it would go' - so you screwed it right the way in? Anyone know what the grey & blue wire is connecting onto the sensor, as myn is loose and not actually soldered to the other 2 wires (wire 1=white & red / wire 2=black & red) Is the grey & blue the earth wire?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise