Search results

1. Glow plugs light flashing AND Engine Management system light permanently on

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/888/archoil-ar6500-professional-dpf---cat-cleaner My mate used this on his Audi. Get your car up to temprature with about 20 litres or red light it and go to the petrol station. Add 20 litres add this stuff. Drive moderate speed (so no thrashing...
  2. Glow plugs light flashing AND Engine Management system light permanently on

DPF fault? - if you have a dpf that is. Is the car down on power? Is the turbo kicking in?
  3. Front washer pipe

Its all taped up now will see how it holds but its doing the trick for now. H
  4. Front washer pipe

I've had a quick google and those connectors seem to leak more because the pipe is corrugated. The split is right on the bend too :(. Going to give tape a try when its dryer outside. Thanks H
  5. Is my gearbox on the way out?

I've taken a recording - its 2 minutes but hopefully explains a lot. https://soundcloud.com/hudson1980/gearbox Thanks H
  6. Is my gearbox on the way out?

I've taken a recording - its 2 minutes but hopefully explains a lot. https://soundcloud.com/hudson1980/gearbox Thanks H
  7. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Wont have a receipt for that work. ;) fromw hat i remember the DMF was order with a clutch kit - nothing else.
  8. Is my gearbox on the way out?

then my assumption would be no.
  9. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Does that come part of a clutch kit as thats what was done, flywheel and clutch kit.
  10. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Thats what one of my conclusions was - that or on the hopeful side clutch release bearing.
  11. Is my gearbox on the way out?

No noise in neutral and no noise on deceleration either. clutch in or out.
  12. Is my gearbox on the way out?

no oil change has been done. i'll try and record the sound but i only have my phone doubt thats going to prove worthwhile. Appriciate your help badger mate. Oh and to correct myself - the noise (whirring/whine) is only when accelerating in any gear (not sure on first as im not there long...
  13. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Clutch and DMF was done about 2 years ago. Not too long after that i started to have the odd (5th gear mostly) noise from the box but this paired with the fact that i very rarely use 5th cast it to the back of my mind. Its always hard trusty a independent garage (even on recommendation) as...
  14. Is my gearbox on the way out?

The bite hasn't moved an inch. Plus im not getting any jumping of gears or any movement either. It sounds like a knackered washing machine sometimes :( other times its fairly quiet.
  15. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Hi all sorry to necro this thread but ive been to a couple of independant garages and have come out witht he a few answers all of which say - replace/repair the box costing betwee 300 and 1000 pounds. But i'm not overly convinced anymore and wanted another opinion. Heres what i have. In...
  16. Front washer pipe

Seems fair enough. I'll give it a go. Thanks
  17. Front washer pipe

Hi Guys, My front washer pipe has a split in it. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/godatguitar/Ibiza/Ibiza_bits/Gas_Struts/hinge_mod2.jpg (Thanks to Pabs for the picture). Any how - i've seen that this can be remedied using heat shrink but i'm guessing i have to cut clean through the...
  18. Things to look for when buying an Ibiza FR TDi?

Dual mass fly wheel, has it been replaced? Look for shaking when idle in nuteral for tell tail signs of it coming to the end of its life. Make sure both door switches work - i.e. does the interiror light come on when the door is opened with ignition on - the switch is a pain int he **** to...
  19. Is my gearbox on the way out?

Theres nothing noticeable about gear changes dead spots or shiifter movement/play. Its mostly when cold it gets a little noisy, after a drive its just a humming noise from the gear which matches RPMs. I'm just looking for a gear box centre around the Wolverhampton area.. :( Thanks H
  20. Is my gearbox on the way out?

right then chaps. its a 1.9tdi, 2006 its done 70,000 miles. Gearbox oil level? (how would i check this - i have willing if not the know how). Idle nothing, it only seems to be in 2nd and perhaps 3rd when rolling in gear - i have no doubt synchro for 5th has gone because its very...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.