Search results

1. VagCom In East Kilbride/Glasgow area???

You still needing this ??? If so drop me a PM :) Ta, Dave
  2. Got fault code need advice!

Have the free version here, reads codes & clears them. Motherwell-ish (just off M74). Can do for you any day this week, or Monday night. Drop me a PM if interested with a number and i can give you a call to arrange. ta, David
  3. T-sport or T cupra?

I'll have to guess you are looking at an older Leon (perhaps around 2000 on a X/Y plate) - as this is what i have :) I have the Leon 1.8 "20VT Sport" At the time (Nov 2000) the "20VT Cupra" was the same apart from some extras like leather seats, sat-nav (i think) and some other options...
  4. N75 short to ground fault?

Some of that does make sense.... If the cable is not heavy enough then what will happen is that when it's under load (starting or all the lights/ICE running, but no engine running) you will get a voltage drop across the cable, so if it should be say 13v you will get that at the battery but...
  5. Advice on buying Y reg Leon Cupra 1.8 20vt ?

Have an X-Plate here, now on 105,0000ish miles and still going great (OK it's also had a lot of work done to it). Apart from the above here's some otehr things to look at: .. take the spare wheel OUT and check for rust under it, if you have any it should only be light and on the surface...
  6. N75 short to ground fault?

i would not have thought that the coolant sensor would cause the car to not start.... it just causes it to over-fuel (as the ECU always thinks the engine is cold) and this does not get burned correctly so the exhaust gasses have some un-burnt fuel in them - why i was getting the error. But in...
  7. N75 short to ground fault?

Rob, when i had issues with my coolant temp sensor it was always starting OK, but causing boost & limp-mode (due to overfueling getting picked up in the lamda sensors). Do you have a fuel pressure meter, i think i remember you getting one ages back but not sure as your car changes a lot -...
  8. eratic idleing!

one can of TB cleaner = £10 one new TB unit £400 I know what one i'd want to try first, even iif it did nothing the cost impact is so low compared to a new TB it's not worth thinking about.... As an aside i use TB Cleaner on my Leon every few months now (have done for about the last 2...
  9. ECU postal tuning

Not much shows up for 'em... But a quick search on google maps fines this as the address...
  10. KW springs and shocks fitted

Would agree with both of you above :) Avon are for sure not cheap, i just did not like them at all - very much down to the car & driver, could my setup & style of driving not work well with the Avon's ?? I dont pick the dearer rubber as it's not likely to last that long, road conditions...
  11. KW springs and shocks fitted

Interesting thread :) I have the KW v2 kit on my Leon, got the ARB & Pollybushes done all at the same time and as you say the car feels a lot more sure-footed when in hi-speed corners, you should notice it even more when you get around to the ARB's. Very interesting comments on the tyres...
  12. N75 short to ground fault?

Can you not try to remove it (un-plug the N75), clear the codes, then go for a drive .... if the error does not come back it's the N75 ?? Guessing that with it un-plugged it'll throw up another error, but that will let you find out if it's the wiring or the N75 thats causing the codes...
  13. vag com in glasgow

I can do it if you dont mind a trip east (Motherwell-Wishaw area), but would have to be Sat afternoon as thats the only time i have free-ish this week. Drop me a PM if interested :) Dave
  14. HID's - Again

Been running the same set for 2 1/2 years, perhaps more now ... not changed the fuses :) But remember that a fuse is a safety device, designed to stop fires ... if the cable is only rated at 10A and you stick a 20A fuse on it ..... what will happen if there is a fault ???? Dave
  15. HID's - Again

Not any point... HIDs take afew seconds to get to full brightnes, so unless you drive with 'em on all the time they are not that great. Also HIDs dont like being turned on/off due to the way they start (very high voltage/current spikes) so they would not last that long :think: Dave
  16. HID's - Again

Why would you want to ..... Standard 50w @ 12v = 4.2amps each (so 10amps for both) HID 35w @ 12v = 2.92amps each (so 5.84 for the pair) HID's use less power for the same light output ;) Dave
  17. W Livingstone Ltd - Uddingston, Glasgow.

Interesting ... but i always ask them to note the milage on the job sheets when i drop the car off .... that way you know if it's been moved :) Dave
  18. where to mount handsfree display

Best, so you can see it ... while still hiding the cables.... :) On top of the dash just to the right of the speedo, just next to the A-piller - cables can be run down the door-frame rubber and inside the fusebox. I dont have a display on the car kit so the button for it sits just below...
  19. Leon Cupra -> Hyundai Coupe S111

Funny this popping up just now ...... Had a blast with one a few days ago, think Friday night comming home (so well after the rush-hour, roads very quiet). Now i know a lot of it comes down to the driver but i was not at all impressed with it. Even with my boost turned down (1.1bar max) i...
  20. After Over 3 years Of Ownership I Have...

Interesting about one goes - they all go ...... Car is 7 years old, had one coilpack go after 9 months and since then have had another 3 go (one when getting it mapped and doing 130+ at the time - now that gets your attention!!!). But i still have one coilpack that is an original, 7+ years...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise