Search results

1. Deejay

Guide To Fix a Broken Electric Window Switch!

just what I was looking for. thanx for sharing
  2. Deejay

think im gunna sell up

just to add some balance here...had my mk3 cupra since I purchased new in 2001 and will have to say its been pretty much faultless ever since and has never let me down in the 70k miles ive put on her. Granted its not all been effortless plain sailing what with 2 months of hell about 6 years back...
  3. Deejay

Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

got a mot advisory that my vacuum hoses have started to perish...so just got my hands on some 3mm hosing and thought I may aswel tackle this whilst Im there. Be the first 'mod' ive done to the car in absolute ages. ps- think I know what Im doing, looks simple enough from the pics...
  4. Deejay

how do i recode my remote key????

Try this instead; 1-key in the igntion turn on so the lights come on but dont start it. 2-Take the key out quickly 3-quickly- hold down the unlock button on your key fob and press lock 3 times 4-release buttons 5-the led on the fob will light up 5 times during them lighting up the car...
  5. Deejay

Good price for spray work?

+1 Im toying with the idea of a full respray on my ovni ibiza too...currently Urmston body repair (Urmston-Sth MCR) & Car Cosmetics (Traff PK-Sth MCR) are looking the most promising. Theres spose to be a goodun over Irlam way that Awesome GTi recommend a lot and think there is another in...
  6. Deejay

car key has lost its coding..

My central locking has been a miss for a while and just sorted it using this process above with the exception being; 1-key in the igntion turn on so the lights come on but dont start it. 2-Take the key out quickly 3-quickly- hold down the unlock button on your key fob and press lock 3 times...
  7. Deejay

How old is a MK3 Cupra Owner?

bought new at the age of 21...I'm 30 this year:cry: think im getting to old to drive a yellow sports car, may change to something more civilised...elise, vx220, caterham:D
  8. Deejay

was considering selling up...

ello, hows tricks? yer ive also got a limited edition E46 M3 Cab too, got a crackin deal on it as I designed the BMW showroom where I bought it from, also had a silly "little" 2 seater for a while but we didn't get on[:@]
  9. Deejay

lo pal. Already got my sunday car, but I only ever drive that if the weather is sunny, roads are clean, its quiet, and the sun is aligned with Jupiter:p Dont talk to me about the unibond,hate them with a passion as looks like they will be handing down a points deduction to us this Thursday...
  10. Deejay

lo pal, your still living Sale way? Your prolly right, if I get the company car it will have to go, makes no sense to keep (we've been here before though;)). Just it is so damn cheap to run when compared I suppose to the M3, ie tyres come in at £250 a piece...and it eats the damn...
  11. Deejay

cheers, aint seen anyone off here in ages, just been so damn busy! Spend most my free time on www.thesoulisone.co.uk :) Just renewed the insurance on it and gonna get all the stuff sorted then see what happens me thinks...
  12. Deejay

lo guys, long time no see[B)] are all the old faces still around...Saul & Z you on here still? Im still flying the SEAT flag you'll be pleased to hear...but was seriously considering letting it go soon as insurance, MOT, Tax, Big Service, new battery, 2 new tyres, Cambelt & CV joints are all...
  13. Deejay

CV Joints

thanks reason I ask is they failed on my other motor, and rather than pay for a longer labour cost to just change the outers, it worked out the same price to change the entire shaft and inners as the labour time was alot quicker;)
  14. Deejay

CV Joints

lo guys, long time no see:) Q. Are the outer CV joints on the Ibiza Cupra (AYP) usually done by SEAT as a outer CV change only, or is it a complete driveshaft and inner change as per most other car manufacturers. ta DJ
  15. Deejay

My ARB has snapped!

im still here basically IMHO the drop link is not up to the task as its made from too thinner metal, ive run a seam weld on the inside of the drop link to combat this......all has been ok for the last 15k miles. When I compared the ibiza nuespeed drop links to those on the noble m12 the...
  16. Deejay

Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

nope, thought that myself.....naturally began looking for a fault with the AC fan circuit, but upon closer inspection of the remnants of the 30A fuse it was actually still intact, ie; it still gave a continuity reading despite being a charred and now partially melted into the fuse box itself...
  17. Deejay

Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

bump another one bites the dust...........3rd one to be installed this weekend!!!
  18. Deejay

Cupra Overhaul!!

;) I did cheat a little though......got a new set of pre welded and powerflexed wishbones from ebay, took bloomin ages to turn up mind
  19. Deejay

Cupra Overhaul!!

Just wanted to say thanks to craig for posting this thread and the pics etc, came in very helpfull over the last day or two fitting: Top Mounts & Bearings ARB bushes Powerflex Wishbone Bushes Powerflex Engine Bed Bushes Powerflex Steering Rack Bush Vibratechnic engine mounts ta DJ
  20. Deejay

Cupra Overhaul!!

bump had this thread bookmarked for a while and it must be said mightly impressed with what you have done. Any updates on the bush part numbers used and bits and pieces and how does the car feel now?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.