Search results

1. W j king sidcup kent

I bought my car from here and the salesman who I dealt with was very helpful. He has since left and now there is Noone of any help here. The technical guys have very little knowledge and have given me wrong information twice and I still get charged for an hour of labour. To be honest this is...
  2. flip key info thread

I have just spoken to seat who quoted 90 for a spare key with no remote buttons, cut and coded. I only wanted this to butcher for the transponder. I'm sure I read on here somewhere someone was quoted 30 odd quid. So can anyone advise what transponder I should purchase from hickleys, going...
  3. flip key info thread

They would have if I made a claim, which would of meant 750 excess and loosing no claims bonus. The only thing I was out was a key so decided not to. The car was reovered fine and throughly checked by my mechanic. I will buy a new transponder and take it back to them for another 33quid. Can I...
  4. flip key info thread

So do you think that is my problem, the transponder being eith not there or not a virgin one? Thanks.
  5. flip key info thread

Morning gents, I recently had my car stolen(house broken into and car keys stolen). So I have no master key, I have broughtfrom eBay a flip key with 1jo serial number. I asked the seller if it had a virgin transponde and he couldn't guarentee it. I've had they key cut and it now works the...
  6. Rear Wiper Hitting Tailgate Lip on way back down

Wiper is secure yeah, It makes a full pass upwards, just seems to come down to far, i will check to make sure it has not slipped tonight but it all seems ok. Thanks for quick response.
  7. Rear Wiper Hitting Tailgate Lip on way back down

As title says really, when i put the rear wiper on, it goes up the back windscreen then on the way down it smacks the lip of the boot lid. Its gotten quite bad to the point where it is chipping the paintwork off. Anyone else have this problem?? If so could be a warrenty issue? the...
  8. Void Warranty

Thanks ST that confirms what i thought. Cheers
  9. Void Warranty

the coolant pipe has been rubbing on the spring clip on a pipe that runs unerneath, causing the pipe to split and not feed the engine any coolant. I was driving when it started smoking, checked temp gauge on dashboard and it was fine no overheating, when i got to where i was going (about 1...
  10. Void Warranty

Ive, had my cars 20k service done at a garage that isnt Seat. He doesnt use Seat Approved Parts, all the parts he does use are up to date with Quality and health and safety regs etc. The job i need doing under warranty has nothing to do with parts he replaced. Is my warranty void...
  11. Thoughts on servicing not at seat????

What if your service garage does not use Seat Approved Parts, but Parts that live up to all current Quality, Health and Safety Regs? I need a warranty job doing at the moment, and my garage does not use Seat parts (we are talking about an Air, Fuel Filter) and the Seat Dealer is insisting its...
  12. Alarm on Ibiza FR

ahh thanks guys, I was wondering why i couldnt find the poxy button in the footwell the other day.
  13. Alarm on Ibiza FR

07 Ibiza, do they have the switches to turn off the inside alarm sensors.
  14. Insurance Companies + Strut Braces

my insurance company just say this is a modifiction we cannot cover sorry mr hewett
  15. Insurance Companies + Strut Braces

appears to be the route ill be going down as well mate is there an age limit for greenlight??
  16. Insurance Companies + Strut Braces

Those of pople with Strut Braces, what insruance companies are you using, Both insurance companies i have had my FR insured with have told me they cannot insure my car if i fit a strut brace... any one else have this trouble.??
  17. ms design sideskirts

Has anyone seen these on a 07FR, i had a pre facelift SX and the bumpers wernt as big as the cupra bumpers so the skirts would of looked silly! now i have my 07FR are these bumpers the same size as the cupra bumpers? (hope everyone knows what i mean) If so id defo be up for a group buy.
  18. Upgrading FR Brakes

hmmm, cupra wheels are a bit pricy tho..... Still need to do a bit of debt management i think. I'd love some brembos but 900 seems a lot. Going off topic a bit but it saves me starting another thread, ive read a lot of people rate spacers as a good handling mod, but ive also heard that...
  19. Upgrading FR Brakes

a revo remap from my dealer wont invalidate warenty ;) can you get brembos to fit behind the standard FR Wheels?
  20. Upgrading FR Brakes

I want to upgrade the brakes on my FR when i have my remapp done, i know most people go for a TT 312 upgrade, but i want to keep my warrenty so how much are the seat sport brakes that come on the cupras? Anyone help me out
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members