Search results

1. swissrebel

Odd problem with childlocks on MK1 Leon?

Yeah but it's always worked up until this morning, hence my confusion. Especially since the locks are still enabling once I reach a certain speed - and still require two pulls to open once I stop, even with the key removed.
  2. swissrebel

Yeah I went back over any steps Jay - removing that CD changer is obviously what triggered it, so it figures something's come loose but can't find anything. SEAT guys reckon it's something to do with the ignition, but that's hardly useful. She's due in for a service soon, i'll just get them to...
  3. swissrebel

Yeah auto unlock sorry guys. Cheers for the quick response. I haven't got a VAGCOM setup here to run a scan, but yeah - none of the locks disengage when I remove the key which it hasn't ever done before. Tie this in with the radio not turning on and obviously slightly baffled!
  4. swissrebel

It's clearly my fault lol, but since removing my CD changer - which required pulling out the radio, the radio now doesn't work (it'll eject CDs still, but not power on) and now when I remove the key from the ignition after driving, the childlocks won't disengage automatically like they used to...
  5. swissrebel

LCR alloys to something a little different?

Yeah, I figured as much. Will have to give it a trial. Hell, I haven't even driven the car since I was given it! Probably try it out at the weekend. Cheers for the input guys.
  6. swissrebel

40,000 mile service

4 years is what most Stealers are recommending now.
  7. swissrebel

This is good news. I thought they'd look sweet on a mini too. So basically i'd just need adaptors and some lower profile tyres? Which tyres would you recommend then?
  8. swissrebel

I could, unfortunately whilst I was given the Cooper - I wasn't given the alloys and i'd almost certainly pay a fair bit for them. Can hardly complain there really. I just like the look of the alloys, and since it doesn't look like i'll be upgrading to a Cupra R now (free cars tend to do that)...
  9. swissrebel

Very helpful, cheers! Don't think i'd be wanting my wheels sticking out, no matter how nice the new alloys would look.
  10. swissrebel

Be kind if i'm in the wrong asking here - but I figured you guys are always helpful - worth a shot even if it results in a flogging. My uncle's flogging his Cupra R next month and curiously, has a spare set of alloys for it - they're in great condition and would look gorgeous on my little...
  11. swissrebel

fron shocks

A single one for me at SEAT Cheshunt, including labour was about £100 (front driver's changed within the last month)
  12. swissrebel

Quieter exhaust?

Gonna have to agree here.
  13. swissrebel

what is your fuel comsumption ?

Surprised nobody's complained that this is not Leon-specific yet - and how this is cluttering up the forums :D
  14. swissrebel

do you know of a dealer selling a MK1 leon cupra/FR?

Yeah, I noticed it was more - but someone else mentioned not knowing the FR's price - thought it'd save a trip - unless the mileage on it's particularly good? I was only down there wednesday, might be worth a look.
  15. swissrebel

do you know of a dealer selling a MK1 leon cupra/FR?

Seat Chesthunt has a black FR for about 9 grand - but I couldn't see the mileage. Wasn't paying that much attention to be honest.
  16. swissrebel

Main dealer servicing costs.....even you didn't laugh you would cry!!!

Thought i'd follow up this comment with my first experience of a SEAT Service & MOT. The bill came to 912 quid. 5 year service, MOT, brake pads & a leaking shock replaced. Plus that 4-year cambelt replacement. It seems a lot of stuff, but meh... Insanely expensive, but I appreciate cambelts...
  17. swissrebel

What is a 1.4 xreg 50k miles worth?

He's already bought it. That price is fine, they're good little cars - and personally speaking, haven't had any leaks.
  18. swissrebel

LCR Insurance

I'm 22, zero years no claims and only been driving 2 years. I can get insurance from most insurers for 1500-1800 for an LCR. Most Cupras are about a grand for me. In fact, it'll be nearly cheaper for me to get a 1.8 next year instead of keeping my 1.6. That's just silly. I imagine it's down to...
  19. swissrebel

What is a 1.4 xreg 50k miles worth?

If there's a CD changer, it's in the glovebox - or it might be in the boot if it was fitted aftermarket. A car is only worth as much as someone will pay for it? I'd imagine it's worth anywhere between £2500-3000, but it depends on the colour, your location - whether it'd be sold privately or if...
  20. swissrebel

Almost there - 1.6 to LCR

Yeah, i'm on the ball with VAG Com - it's just easier to put a 'd on the end of anything I wanna make a verb :D Cheers for the rest - i've just seen some really, really faded yellows around - must be really faded ovnis then ;) Can afford one now too, and probably should - but you know how it...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.