Search results

1. Viking

Mot 2018

Why are you actually here? Are you looking for a new tin foil hat brigade to join or something, because you certainly have a lack of comprehension about everything you've voiced so far. Agenda 21 covers little things like control of pollution, combating poverty, protecting the environment etc...
  2. Viking

Mot 2018

Would you be happy with lead in your drinking water? That was very popular a hundred years or so ago until we realised the health implications of it. And Asbestos too. That had a fairly long spell of being very popular until people started dying from horrible diseases associated with it. You...
  3. Viking

Mot 2018

I wonder if we're all being trolled here, or if you really do not understand the way MOT regulations work... :confused:
  4. Viking

*for sale*

It's a scam. Anything related to Nigeria is something to walk well away from.
  5. Viking

*for sale*

Its a scam. He'll pay using a stolen paypal account and then in a few months time Paypal will ask your bank for the money back. Or Paypal will refund him and come to you for the funds. Anyone spinning a yarn like this is always on the dodge. Even if you don't get hassled to pay back the money...
  6. Viking

Mot 2018

You could also moan about not being able to remove the seatbelts, or the airbags, or other such stuff, citing the fact that 1960s cars didn't have them so "why should I need to have then now?" It's a flawed argument really. Your car was designed to produce a certain level of pollution based...
  7. Viking

Mot 2018

So what's your problem then? Why you complaining you can't drive a car with it removed? :confused:
  8. Viking

Mot 2018

So you had your dpf removed and now you're pissed that you have to have it refitted? Oh dear. Same as all the petrol boys who have their cat removed and then complain when it comes to mot time and they either have to refit it or find a place who can't see it's been removed. All the while...
  9. Viking

Fitting an RNS 510 - help

The part at the bottom is the SD card reader (which the Seat Mediasystem doesn't have btw), so most people just trim the mounting to suit.
  10. Viking

2016 RNS510 Splash Screen Change

I get this all the time with people downloading the bricking software from netdata. They're responsible for about 3 bricks on my shelf alone, and about a dozen others I've been sent I've managed to repair them. If you're still trying to get a Seat boot screen then I'd suggest not bothering...
  11. Viking

Winter wonderland

"Oi! I used your sponge and bucket to wash my windscreen and it's all scratched from the grit stuck in the sponge. Where's your insurance details please!"
  12. Viking

High Idle and cooling fans running

Some have, depends on the engine code and the initial build spec.
  13. Viking

High Idle and cooling fans running

If you have a DPF equipped car then it's carrying out a regen of the DPF.
  14. Viking

Reversing sensor control unit location

:lol: No problem mate.
  15. Viking

Reversing sensor control unit location

http://www.realoem.me/Seat/E/ALT/2006/418/R/9/919/919000
  16. Viking

Help with stereo

That should work. If not, sounds like the unit is fecked.
  17. Viking

Help with stereo

Yep, it's as simple as linking terminal 15 and 16 with a jumper wire.
  18. Viking

Help with stereo

You need power (12v) on terminals 15 & 16 in the quadlock connector on the rear. I think your original radio may only have power on one of those terminals.
  19. Viking

The Diesel Tax

Do smaller engined cars drive on different roads? Ones that don't need repairing, or something? It's like charging people to go into a pub, but the ones who don't want to drink much get to pay less for entrance, while the big drinkers pay more. Everyone's using the same roads, so why not tax...
  20. Viking

Retrofit Sat Nav and DAB

Also, I wouldn't take too much notice of satnav systems page. They happily tell you that there's a 30gig hard drive, when in fact there might be either a 30gig SSD or a 40gig HDD drive. And they also state that speed cameras are only available from them, along with 7 digit postcode search also...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.