Search results

1. Viking

6 cd changer fitment.

Picking up a new car tomorrow and it comes with a 6cd changer in the armrest, something like this one. As I'm going to be swapping it out for an Ipod MDI interface, will this changer fit in my daughters 2003 Ibiza and connect to the Alana headunit? Cheers.
  2. Viking

Heater fan only working on speed 4

53 plate Ibiza 1.2, manual aircon but no climate control, the blower fan is only coming on at high speed. The knob turns quite happily but there's no output from the fan until you hit max (number 4) then it comes on full belt. Any ideas?
  3. Viking

Changing the front seats.

Do Mk3 seats fit straight swap into a Mk4? There don't seem to be many Mk4 interiors for sale anywhere but there are a few Mk3s kicking about.
  4. Viking

Ibiza exhaust.

Daughters 1.2 Ibiza needs a new exhaust. The front pipe snapped off over the weekend, and the rear section has been badly bodged and welded too, so I'm gonna fit the full system - cat back. Anyone done this before, and anything to look out for, pitfalls etc.? Full exhaust btw cost me £122...
  5. Viking

New member (ish)

Hi guys. Daughter got shot of her Yaris a couple of months ago, and we set about getting her something different. When asked what she wanted she said "A pink one!" No pink ones available within budget, so what else did she want?... "A yellow one!" :doh: Not bothered what make or model...
  6. Viking

Vcds

Quick question. Mk4 Ibiza isn't Can based is it? Might be buying one for the daughter and need to know if my current cable is suitable. I think probably not but can someone confirm. Cheers
  7. Viking

Drivers side wiper not working.

Anyone had a problem with the drivers side wiper nowt working? Mine just packed up, and rather than dashing off to buy a motor it'd be nice to know that's what it is first. VCDS scan gives fault code as 00154 - Windshield wiper motor - Passenger side (v217) 004 - No signal /...
  8. Viking

Dirty filter.

Gave the car a service this week, and just finished this afternoon (had to stagger things a little due to wifey being busy in the car and work etc.). So changed a filter this afternoon, and this is what it looked like. Diesel fuel filter. How dirty?
  9. Viking

Rear brake pads & discs, Altea/Leon Mk2

I replaced the pads & discs on my Altea this morning, so took some photos while doing it. Here's the process from start to finish. The setup will no doubt be the same as the Golf-Jetta Mk5. First up, the news pads & discs. I priced them from the local motor factors at just over £52 for some...
  10. Viking

Car's been keyed.

Yep, someone took a key right down the drivers side some while ago actually, but due to workload and weather I've not had chance to get a decent look at it. But it was a nice day yesterday and it was Fathers day, so I took some time out to have a go at it. I'm not much of a one for manic...
  11. Viking

Posting problems in General Off Topic.

Can't post a new thread, getting: - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4194304 bytes) in /var/www/web1/web/forums/includes/functions_search.php on line 196
  12. Viking

No wipers.

Just had a call from the wife (in Newcastle) and she tells me the front wipers have stopped working on the Altea. The rear one works, but the front stopped in mid wipe, and also the washers ain't working. Recovery / assistance is on the way, but has anyone come across this before and had it...
  13. Viking

Uprated clutch.

I know, it's been discussed many times for the 1.9 engine, and when I searched for the 2 litre query it comes up as no results found. The search engine doesn't seem to like looking for short words like BKD and 2.0 ltr. Anyway, has anyone had an uprated clutch put in with an oem DMF, and what...
  14. Viking

Indicator mirrors?

Sitting around at home this afternoon, thinking about what I can waste some more money on, and thought about changing the mirrors on the Altea for ones with indicators built in. There's none available in the Seat parts bin from what I can gather, so I'm thinking maybe the Golf Plus ones would...
  15. Viking

Finally bought a car.

Spent Thursday and Friday trying to buy a car, after some git in Swindon decided to not tell me the car we'd agreed a deal on had been sold, so had to do a bit of quick internet work to locate another one. Anyway, found one in Scotland which I liked but the wife didn't want to travel very far...
  16. Viking

2005 Altea Sport specification.

Does anyone have a link to a brochure for the specification and trim level of the 2.0 tdi Sport model from 2005? I've possibly found the car I've been looking for, and the spec is a little vague. Just want to know what it should have before I start travelling 230 miles to find out it hasn't...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.