Search results

1. 4 days out of warranty and it breaks down!!

Yes you were right to.speak to the credit card company. I don't see your point about the ecu which is a non serviceable part and should last the lifetime of the car. The sale of goods act makes various stipulations all of which are for a reasonable time not just when you buy it. Did the car stay...
  2. 4 days out of warranty and it breaks down!!

You should be directing your complaint towards the seller or finance company if it is on finance. Seat have no obligation to fix the car, but certainly you should ask them to put the car back to the state it was in when you took it to them and not be liable for the full cost of a new ecu as it...
  3. 4 days out of warranty and it breaks down!!

Sounds like the supplying dealer is passing the book, how did you pay for the car??? (sorry for the personal question but it does make a difference as to the direction of your should complain to) The fact that the car drove away is irrelevant to the burden of proof. Did Seat tell you it was a...
  4. revo vs performance torqe.

As above go for P-torque, I have sampled revo stg 1 & 2 (ibiza 1.8t) and a P-Torque map on two cars BMW 320D and Octavia Vrs 2.0T) and they are well worth the money. Although mine was not set up on the RR due to it being DSG.
  5. MAF sensor & N75 Fault's (Fault Codes Inside) - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

I know it would have bugged me otherwise. All Wilksey has to do now is sort the oil on the intake!
  6. MAF sensor & N75 Fault's (Fault Codes Inside) - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

Was a blown fuse. Wilksey hope you are enjoying the boost!
  7. MAF sensor & N75 Fault's (Fault Codes Inside) - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 20VT

I checked the codes for Wilksey, yes I did clear them and they came back straight away. I have had suggested to me by two people that it could be the fuel pump relay??? "Good bet that's a faulty fuel pump relay. It's a 40 amp beast and supplies all the listed components. Agreed. :) " Worth...
  8. VCDS / VAG-COM Register - Who's got what and where?

VCDS (VAG-COM) Fully Registered HEX-CAN-USB Birmingham, Midlands PM if needed
  9. Decat on TDi - Fail MOT?

"The MOT regulations say nothing about a vehicle having a catalytic converter" http://www.motester.co.uk/CarOwnersGuidetoTheMOT/MOTQA/tabid/2440/Default.aspx Does the new european law adopted by the uk which says you must replace cats and dpfs with type marked units make any diffrence to the...
  10. Leon 170 diesel real world Economy

Sounds good! You just made the choice harder as now I will have to give the the diesel a go.
  11. 20VT sounds like a diesel on startup - and other questions

Diesel like sound on 1.8T is normal, was only momentary though on my ex1.8T .
  12. Leon 170 diesel real world Economy

This is an interesting thread am currently looking at Leon or possibly ST as have rejected my 320 due to multiple faults but undecided over petrol or diesel. Although MPG is higher in diesel the Cupra still works out cheaper than running my 320d when you consider the monthly payments...
  13. Thanks

Think I might ask santa for a visit to p-torque!!! True about rattles but thats part of the charm of my soon to go Ibiza. I will miss that 210+ bhp in my little shoebox.
  14. Thanks

Glad you like them. Am going to see if I can get the backbox fitted tomorrow. I know never thought I would but is a lovely car.
  15. Thanks

BMW 320d msport. Drove octavia VRS aswell with DSG and hated it - must be the only one ??
  16. Thanks

I have agreed to p/x my beloved Ibiza and move on Just wanted to say a big thank you to everybody on the forum the information has been invaluable before and during owing my Ibiza.
  17. IBIZA MK4 headlights

If you fit OEM xenons does the self leveling work?? Is it as easy as changing the headlamp and bulb and adding ballast??
  18. MK4 Brake Upgrades

Fitted my 312mm brakes with ds2500 pads. The pedal was slightly spongy before and still is even after bleeding. It firms up when I need to stop but does not really bite at the very top, is this normal on all Ibiza's?
  19. Fitting 312mm Brakes

Pm should have room now sorry
  20. Fitting 312mm Brakes

is it only tt / s3 carrier that work on ibiza or do golf 312 carriers fit?? Can the difference be told by looking at the two together??
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise