Search results

1. Jib

1.0 TSI - throttle response from cold startup?

My other half has an Ibiza with the same engine and its something i have noticed myself from cold-starts. I presume it must hold back boost until it has reached a certain temp.
  2. Jib

A year with the new Cupra 290

Mine was built November 2017 but I haven't any correspondence around this. What was the fix for?
  3. Jib

Cupra Mode DSG

"S" is correct for Cupra mode. You can flick between S and D by pulling down on the selector. I tend to use "individual" which i have set everything to Cupra apart from the suspension (comfort). Cupra suspension mode is just too firm for every day driving.
  4. Jib

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Don't suppose you had a Blue Cupra 300 in your mirrors down Sandford Road a few weeks back? :roflmao:
  5. Jib

Shocking build quality

Same has happened to my Leon, the mrs's Ibiza and a work colleagues Cupra also. I am a regular buyer of SEAT wheel bolt covers from my local dealer.
  6. Jib

Cupra 300 Exhaust tips

+1 on the Autosol Recommendation. Takes a bit of effort but once you’ve done, its easier to keep on top of. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. Jib

My CUPRA Curse

Totally get your sentiments about the R. Feels a cut above the Cupra but I guess its meant to. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Jib

My CUPRA Curse

Is this the part where you say you are trading it in for a Golf R now?
  9. Jib

Lease servicing.

Its purely based on driving style and journey type. I do alot of short journeys (commute is 3 miles each way). The ECU alligns the interval times to suit.
  10. Jib

Lease servicing.

Wouldn’t say thats out of the ordinary. My first oil change was at 7k. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. Jib

Lease servicing.

Reading so much conflicting info on this topic. Is your lease with VWFS or a broker? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Jib

Res delete

Mine is a custom pipe fitted at a local exhaust place. The drone is worst at around 3k revs. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  13. Jib

Res delete

PM'd
  14. Jib

Res delete

Just a note to everyone wanting to go for a res delete, mine has been done for a year now and i am reverting back to standard. Far too much drone on the motorway. Anyone who does a fair bit of motorway miles may want to think twice or at least try and go out in a car with it already done to see...
  15. Jib

Lease servicing.

As already stated, its purely dependant on driving style and journey type. My commute is 3 miles each way and mine threw up the oil service notification at 7k. A colleague also has a 300 but his commute is 40 miles per day. His is on long life.
  16. Jib

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Sunday drive on the Moors over Buttertubs Pass. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  17. Jib

Wind Deflectors - Anti-Trap

Hoping someone has a quick fix for this. Bought myself some Heko wind deflectos which have appeared to fit just fine, however now the anti-trap is kicking in and preventing the window from closing. Has anyone else had this issue before? Thanks in advance.
  18. Jib

Stolen Cupra

Any updates on this? That advert is ridiculously dodgy. Halifax is not far from you either....
  19. Jib

Sorry for the delay. I just used a bank card to force the bubbles to the sides. Can't really tell it has anything on there now.
  20. Jib

Picked up a screen protector after seeing a few in the flesh at the Doncaster meet on Sunday. Makes a big difference. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members