Search results

1. NicksGotAFR

Cupra's with DRL's as standard?

if you have xenons then yes they are standard, albeit looking like a large sidelight situated where the indicator normally is on non-xenon spec models.. you have to chuck in a couple of LED bulbs and only then will it look mint! With xenons, the indicator is closer to the middle of the car. i...
  2. NicksGotAFR

Who has had missfire/emission related problems.Mines broke again?

Ive had the misfiring problems too, with the emissions light coming on. It's spent almost 2 weeks at the dealers and got it back this afternoon. Their report said misfiring on cylinder 3, changing to cylinder 1. They changed all the spark plugs. Not had enough time to put any miles on her...
  3. NicksGotAFR

I've got a white Bocanegra for a while

mardon check out my sig, i have a cupra not a FR so i couldn't tell you!! I did think its a normal sound, although i never heard it for the first 1500 miles so thats what panicked me a little bit. the mechanic did seemed a lil' bit concerned though so was happy to investigate.. jase ur right...
  4. NicksGotAFR

I've got a white Bocanegra for a while

My cupra had a rattling noise when it changed gears so i sent it in to get checked out. I was about to be given a nasty 1.2 beeza when a bocanegra pulled in that was being used as a courtesy car. needless to say i got that!! Im not too confident that they'l fix the rattle; i went out with one...
  5. NicksGotAFR

Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

'Coming Home Function' lights For those who have the convenience pack fitted but don't know how it works.... When parked up and ignition off (and key NOT removed from transmission yet) flash your lights once. After you have removed key AND opened the drivers door, the headlights will come back...
  6. NicksGotAFR

I gone an ordered a Ibiza Cupra

:redface: i feel privaledged to have helped you make a choice. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine!!
  7. NicksGotAFR

I gone an ordered a Ibiza Cupra

Good choice of colour (mines the same http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264068 ) was there any options on yours or completely standard?
  8. NicksGotAFR

FR,Cupra,Boca partnumbers and MK5 Wheels

im not being picky but has anyone else noticed the spelling mistake in the title of this thread? :whistle:
  9. NicksGotAFR

Recommended best oil make for the Boca/Cupra engine.

i just went out to buy some oil and couldn't find any 5w40 for petrol engines.. Would castrol edge 5w30 be ok?
  10. NicksGotAFR

LED's

Dave i just had a look under my bonnet for the first time, (ive got xenons like you have) did you have a security sticker over the cap to get at the sidelights? i was wondering if i take the cap off to change the bulbs and break the sticker would it affect warranty?
  11. NicksGotAFR

My New Car (with Pics)

cheers for the comments guys, yeah the colour does set it off quite nicely. I havn't really put my foot down n had a blast in it yet, i'll save that for the weekend! I must say it does attract a lot of attention whilst ive been driving around, ive noticed a lot of people staring!
  12. NicksGotAFR

My New Car (with Pics)

Hey guys i picked up my new Cupra yesterday. It's Furia Grey and I opted for the convenience pack and xenons. I did have a minor issue with the plastic surround to the handbrake, it was warped slightly and didn't fit flush but the dealer has ordered a new one no questions asked...
  13. NicksGotAFR

Boca/Cupra/Fr register

techie - Bocanegra in candy white. Octane2097 - FR TSI in Luna Grey Vtxracer - FR TSI in Candy white. Daryld - FR TSI in emocion red (think thats how its spelt) Stu38 - Bocanegra in Dakota Red collegeboy09 - FR TSI in Candy white. spikeydoo - Bocanegra in candy white. Malc T - Cupra in...
  14. NicksGotAFR

LED Sidelight bulbs

im not sure, as i said in previous post i borrowed the links from another thread i think techie or one of the guys who has installed the led's are the people to ask.. there was something about warning lights on the dash from certain led bulbs i do seem to remember though .. :shrug:
  15. NicksGotAFR

LED Sidelight bulbs

have you got the normal headlights or the xenons? iirc the normal sidelights are a 501 bulb http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-LED-Canbus-Super-Bright-White.html and the DRL (with xenons) is a 382 bulb [URL="http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-LED-360-Degree-Stop-Tail-Light-pair.html"]...
  16. NicksGotAFR

Delay on all boc and cupra orders

I called up my dealer to see what was happening with my cupra, he said it should arrive tomorrow or thursday, and i can collect next wednesday (my next day off) Im soo excited now, it took me 3 hours to stop bouncing around work telling everyone today :happy:
  17. NicksGotAFR

Post your Ibiza Pic's

yea it seemed rather dark to me, im still not 100% sure on it but i think once my car does arrive i will love the colour (well i bloody hope so!!!) i will just have to wait and see wont i..... I was contemplating the orange, a bit leary for me though and like you said id probably hate it after...
  18. NicksGotAFR

Post your Ibiza Pic's

cheers for the reply quadrablast, ive seen the colour on a leon fr at my dealers the other month, but it was in a dark corner of the showroom and didnt do it much justice tbh. Once you get enough posts it'd be nice to see some pics :) there will be loads of mine once i get it :D
  19. NicksGotAFR

Post your Ibiza Pic's

can you post some pics? ive been looking for a pic of a furia grey cupra EVERYWHERE and have yet to see one ;) Im still waiting for mine to be shipped from Spain
  20. NicksGotAFR

Buying a new FR

i think furia is a new colour, thus making it rather rare atm. (another reason why i chose it over black)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.