Search results

1. Power Steering WTF Could be Wrong

Good Call Big Col. I had taken it for a drive on Friday night in order to see if it was a temporary issue. Started it on Saturday to check fuses etc in the light. Went to start it this afternoon as it was parked blocking a bit of our drive, car will not turn over. Dash board flickers etc...
  2. Power Steering WTF Could be Wrong

Cheers Battery under a year old. All other electronics appear ok but will get alternator checked out.
  3. Power Steering WTF Could be Wrong

Ok About 5 Weeks ago my Power Steering on my 59 Mk5 1,4tdi Ibiza went. Got heavy and the Power Steering light went on. Took to my Garage. Diagnosed Steering pump failure. Sent pump to be reconditioned. Came back re-fitted. 2 Days later power steering went again. Took it back to garage who...
  4. Power steering failure

Damn I'm paying that much to have a Reconditioned one. Thanks for that I'll give the Link to my garage.
  5. Power steering failure

Update Diagnosed as a Electric pump Failure New pump 650 + VAT :censored: Garage looking to get a reconditioned one for about £250 Very annoyed.
  6. Power steering failure

Battery is under a year old, so I don't think it's that. No sign of fluid leak on the drive. I can't get to the reservoir without removing the battery (Who thought that was a good place). I have a very bad feeling it's the pump, I so hope not.
  7. Power steering failure

Drove home Friday, totally normal commute my 1.4 tdi Ibiza was running as normal. Reversed onto my drive as normal. Saturday lunchtime went to take the kids out. Immediately felt the steering heavy and noticed the steering light on. This is totally without warning, any ideas?
  8. I have a Lemon

Unfortunately this Morning both my Kids and my Wife where Sick, at work we are in the middle of a Major implementation and the have been a number of issues that I am the lead on, So the timing of it could not be worse. I did not take it straight to the Dealer this Morning as I needed to be in...
  9. I have a Lemon

I bought my 09 Plate Ibiza 14.TDI S 7 Weeks ago, Was quite high mileage but Full Seat service history and looking over the car appeared to be in great nick. Sourced from a Main Dealer Was left on my Drive for a week a couple of days after I picked it up while I went on Holiday in the mummy...
  10. The Dreaded DPF Light

It was the sensor. Replaced under warranty (Sorry sir your car was not registers on our system)
  11. The Dreaded DPF Light

Just had a call from the Dealer I dropped it off with this Morning. They have forced a Regen but it is still showing as "Sooted up" It may be the Sensor so they are replacing that (Quoted me a cost) If that does not work then "It's a new DPF" Quote of £1500 My response. I bought this car...
  12. The Dreaded DPF Light

What I expected Rhymes with Clucking Bell.
  13. The Dreaded DPF Light

I take it once the 3 Lights are on no amount of keeping revs up will reset the system.
  14. The Dreaded DPF Light

Moved to Deepest Darkest Leicestershirebut not updated my profile. Thanks anyway.
  15. The Dreaded DPF Light

Thanks for that Nightflight. Need to find a Long road with no lights round me, I have a candidate. Still P!553d off though.
  16. The Dreaded DPF Light

Bought a Fairly high Mileage 1.4 TDI Mk5 Ibiza from a Main Dealer about a month and a Half ago. Quite happy with it, Bought to provide a cheap commute from Home to work, 18 Miles mostly Country road and a little town Driving. Took it down to the the Essex coast over the Weekend 400 Miles...
  17. The old "Passanger Door not unlocking with remote" problem

Had already tried the Various fiddling things Could have been worse.
  18. The old "Passanger Door not unlocking with remote" problem

Turned out to be the Passenger side Door Latch. Replaced for £230. MOT passed now.
  19. The old "Passanger Door not unlocking with remote" problem

Yes I have it, Yes I know it's probably a Door module and Yes I know it is expensive. But is it a MOT failure?. Heard conflicting reports, anyone had any experience. MOT Due in Jan, need to see if I have to spend cash,