Search results

1. Spare wheel

Ah thanks for that, can anyone with one show me pics of the wheel and the sizes stamped in it? Think this might be on the inside? Here is one on eBay but not sure if it is the right one...
  2. Spare wheel

Ah t has just got an Arona Xcellence Lux with 18” wheels. But no spare wheel. can anyone advise / link to what space saver would fit these wheels? Thanks
  3. Boot lid help

Cheers for reply. She is coming from an Octavia to the Arona as she wants to majorly downsize in length due to the Octavia being so big for parking and for turning on her driveway. She test drove an Xcellence Lux yesterday and put down the deposit for it so hopefully collecting it later in the...
  4. Boot lid help

Hi, my short aunt is very serious about buying an Arona. However when the boot is open she cannot physically reach up to close it. Has anyone encountered this and have a solution? I notice on the inside of boot there is a small, quarter circle grove cut out - not sure what this is for or...
  5. Ibiza model help reqd please

He is telling me he definitely wants sporty seats so does this mean that it is then the Sport or FR models? Whats opinion on this one? http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/seat/ibiza/1-4-sportrider-3dr/2011/ref/arngl-u-22296 will it have Bluetooth? I am guessing no?
  6. Ibiza model help reqd please

My last hope in getting him an Ibiza will be the fact that he currently can't find a suitable Fiesta in his price bracket which is 5k. So he can hold off indefinitely or get an Ibiza now!
  7. Ibiza model help reqd please

Ironically the insurance isnt that much different. The cheapest insurance he can get is around the £700 for a Daewoo Matiz type car but can get the Ibiza and the Fiesta for between 800-1000. I am not sure if his decision would be made by the driving experience on a test drive - more likely it...
  8. Ibiza model help reqd please

I must admit for the same money, he can get a 2 years younger car, less mileage and much better looked after Ibiza than he can the Fiesta. If only my son could see sense!
  9. Ibiza model help reqd please

Cheers for the input guys - son , for some reason is preferring a 2009 Fiesta Zetec S to a 2012 Ibiza for the same money! I just can't get my head round why but I guess I am not 18 either!
  10. Ibiza model help reqd please

Looking at a car for my son and there are 3 Ibizas on the radar 2012 1.4 SE Copa 3 door 2011 1.4 SE Chilli 3 door or a Sportrider 1.2 turbo version Does anyone know what the different specs are between the first two - I can't see any reference online to the Chill version but dealer...
  11. Ibiza model help please

Looking at a car for my son and there are 3 Ibizas on the radar 2012 1.4 SE Copa 3 door 2011 1.4 SE Chilli 3 door or a Sportrider 1.2 turbo version Does anyone know what the different specs are between the first two - I can't see any reference online to the Chill version but dealer...
  12. Thinking of a Leon

Is the ride much firmer on the FR to the SE? Used to have a Fabia vrs in Red and the Leon 2.0 FR in red reminds me so much of it! But I am now in my late 40s and prefer a comfy ride to firm and feeling every bump!
  13. Thinking of a Leon

Prevously had an Altea XL and thinking of coming back to the fold. Currently have Hyundai IX35 but looking at Leon, Civic or poss Focus. 95% of time and in car myself but other 5% could involve carrying a black Labrador or 3 passengers. So flexibility in a car is required (but don't want a...
  14. Some quick questions if you dont mind!

Is there a noticeable difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 petrols in the way of everyday driving, which is probably 70% town, 30% motorway
  15. Some quick questions if you dont mind!

The one we looked at had 17 inch alloys, 45 (I think) thickness. Definitely not "belt" type rubber band low profile jobs!
  16. Some quick questions if you dont mind!

Cheers guys, would the SE have the rear reversing sensors or is it just the FR that has them?
  17. Some quick questions if you dont mind!

My mate, who isn't really into cars, is after a new car. Currently has a 1.4tsi 60 plate Golf S so very basic (even has wheel trims). He loves the Golf, it ticks all his boxes, but just wants some more toys and comfort. As a previous Seat owner myself, I have pointed him towards a Leon...
  18. Seat altea xl 2.0 tdi

When I had my Altea it had a certain point in the rev band that it would drop power for a split second. Used to happen say if you were accelerating up a sliproad and then you maybe had to stop accelerating before you could join the motorway . That scenario. Just seemed to be a blank spot in the...
  19. Ibiza Estate parcel shelf

The missus can fit it in the boot of her Fiesta for short journeys - when I said large, its 26kg so not huge but not a lhaso apso either!!
  20. Ibiza Estate parcel shelf

Could possibly be thinking of an Ibiza estate as I am looking to downsize but have a large black Labrador. I notice the parcel shelf is fixed rather than the concertina style you see in many estates. Is there an aftermarket one available? Don't really want to fit and remove the parcel shelf...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members