Search results

1. DSG GEAR RATIO ALTEA XL 2014 i-Tech DSG

Hi For your information I have three vehicles with DSG. My 2.0L Altea is fine with the DSG and does not seem to change up too early. I also have a 7 speed in a bi-turbo Transporter Kombi. This is a wet clutch system as per the Altea, and whist it changes up early is still quite smooth. The...
  2. Rear Exhaust Silencer Box

Its looking very much like I will need a new rear silencer for my 2.0L TDI Altea XL. I am not sure if this is a premature failure given that the car is coming up for 6 years old. Doing a quick internet search the price seems to vary a bit, and I don't know what the factory price is. Does...
  3. 15 inch alloy wheels on Altea 2.0 Tdi?

Hi. I have 15" steel rims with winter tyres on my 2.0Tdi. One thing to remember though is that alloy rims will be thicker, and the steel rims are quite a tight fit. Suggest you try before you buy!. The ride on the 15" with the winter tyre is quite good though. Xlray
  4. Help needed asap my leon is making me mad

Hi goku52 Exactly the same thing happened to my son's A3 PD170. We scanned the car using VCDS. After some internet investigation he decided the most likely cause was the pressure sensor that measures the pressure drop across the DPF. This was replaced at a cost of about £50, some...
  5. Can Leon wheels fit an Altea?

Hi bigsacs I have 195/65/15 steels on my 2.0L 2007 Altea XL, with winter tyres. Should fit just check one of the fronts first. xlray
  6. Snow 1, DSG 0

Had the same trouble with mine. Then fitted 15" Goodyear Ultragrip 7 winter tyres. The transformation is amazing! xlray
  7. Average MPG

Hi. My XL 2.0L DSG was averaging 42 after 3 tank fulls. 35000 miles 4.5 years later the averave is still 42.2. I have recorded all fuel used so I know its correct. Best I ever had was 51 on a tank full, but generally 47 would be expected on a long run. I don't use the car for short runs...
  8. Polish / Wax

Hi. I always use Jewelultra Diamondbrite. Its the stuff that they try to sell you as paint protection costing £200 - £300 when you buy a new car. Very good and the two part kit can usually be found on Ebay for approcimately £5. Xlray
  9. Factory 16" wheels, can I fit 15" wheels?

Hi J500ANT I ran by 2007 Altea XL last winter on 15" wheels and Goodyear Ultragrip 7 tyres. Its a DSG auto and the difference was like chalk and cheese. Found myself stopping on hills, just because I could. Obviously I cannot speak for a later models, so check the range and see if any...
  10. Whistling sound and lack of power?

Hi. My Altea XL suffered Turbo failure at 23000 miles. (140 2.0L BKD engine) Basically I did not thrash it enough and the turbo started sticking. If you search for sticky turbo vanes or VNT turbo sticking, all will be revealed. There is a link somewhere on the net to a video of the...
  11. Which winter tyres?

Hi. I bought a set of steel rims with Goodyear Ultragrip 7 for my Altea XL, 2.0L TDI DSG. I got the 15" rims to keep a high profile, and the car was pretty much unstoppable through the deepest snow we had in Kent last year. With the original 16" Bridgestones it was almost impossible to...
  12. Engine Rebuild Leon 2.0 TDI FR DPF

Hi. I don't know much about these people, but they seemed very knowledgeable when I spoke to them about a VW Caravelle engine issue. AW Engineering http://vwenginerecon.co.uk/ xlray
  13. Snow / Winter tyres for Leon.. What size?

Hi. Over last winter I had some 15" rims fitted to my 2.0L TDI XL Altea. I have the original 16" rims for the summer but bought 4 new rims and Goodyear Ultragrip 7 from Mytyres. While the looks were obviously not up to alloy standard, the ride was better, and quieter with the added bonus...
  14. 09 Altea XL Advice

Hi. The turbo on my 07 XL failed at 23k. They need a good thrash on a regular basis to keep the mechanism in the turbo from sticking. Mine is a DSG so difficult to thrash as in drive it changes up early, but in sport it hangs on to the gears more. Mine is not that economical either. I...
  15. Winter Wheels

Dear Zeap101 According to the sales brochure I have 288mm. It appears that it is only the 1.9 TDI and 1.6 petrol that have 280mm. One point to remember is that alloy wheels be thicker than the steel ones. A friend at work has an Omega and his one size smaller alloys got ice between the...
  16. Winter Wheels

Hi 1legdis I have the same car as you, 2.0L XL sylance DSG. I fitted some 195/65-15 Goodyear Ultragrip 7 wheels and tyres last week to replace the standard 16" alloys. I got these from Mytyres. So yes they do fit OK, and the difference is amazing. We had quite a lot of snow on Saturday...
  17. 2.0 TDI DSG Viewing

Also check that the DSG gearbox oils was changed at 4 years. It should have been done at the same time as the cambelt.
  18. Turbo is on its way out and that is despite it now only doing 42k miles?

I had a turbo failure at 23,000 miles on my 2.0LTDi Altea. Limp mode started to happen just at the end of my factory warranty. When the car had its 3 year service I believe a turbo cleaner was used as on return the car was passing out a a load of black soot. This temporary cure lasted all of...
  19. finally persuaded the missus....

Hi. I have an 07 plate Stylance XL. They were standard on that year, but I believe were subsequently deleted and put in option packs. I think the 2011 model may have some of these features re-instated. xlray
  20. ESP (ABS) Fault

Here is the link for the company repairing these units for £350. I bookedmarked this for future reference. Incidently does anybody know if it is only the cars with ESP that fail, is does the problem happen on cars without ESP as well. Link for ABS pump repair...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.