Search results

1. ibizaneal

blow off valves ???

i didnt bother with all that, i got a recirc blow off valve off ebay and it works great.
  2. ibizaneal

evap emission faut question

not that i can think of, the engine management light came on under acceleration onto the motorway, this is the second time its came on under the same conditions.
  3. ibizaneal

evap emission faut question

hey, iv had this fault pop up a couple of times now but isnt making a blind bit of difference on how my car runs, vagcom comes up with this : Address 01: Engine Labels: None Part No: 06A 906 032 RP Component: 1.8I R4/5VT 0010 Coding: 11500 Shop #: WSC 06402 Does anyone know what...
  4. ibizaneal

coilovers or lowering springs help!

when i lowered my old 1.2 i put coilovers on, but found out my top mounts were shot so had to replace those but they're pretty cheap, so maybe think about replacing them if you end up doing it.
  5. ibizaneal

How do you remove the front lower bumper grill and side girlles?

seat do them matey, i pick my pre-facelift fr honeycomb ones up tomorrow, mine came to under £20 for the pair, if you go for the facelift grilles(larger honeycome holes) they're about 22quid each!!
  6. ibizaneal

banging noise

my problem was down to the anti roll bar moving a touch as i had coilovers fitted and had to get shorter anti roll bar links, not got the ibiza anymore, got an 06 passat, do miss it tho!
  7. ibizaneal

my red 05 ibiza

nice motor, needs lowered a touch more though i think
  8. ibizaneal

coilovers help!!

you may need new dampers in the future as the standard ones wear out apparently, im sure there is a thread about this somewhere. (i may be mistaken though)
  9. ibizaneal

coilovers help!!

look good, but iv heard that if you use lowering springs with the original seat dampers they dont last very long, i think its covered in the forum somewhere
  10. ibizaneal

coilovers help!!

iv put the vmaxx coilies on my 1.2, they seem fine at the moment, the only bad thing i can say about them is that they give a 'crashy' ride. as everyone else said you get what you pay for.
  11. ibizaneal

banging noise

yeah check the anti roll bar hasnt moved, mine did it and when goin over certain bumps the drop link bolt threads were hitting the metal inner arch, turn your wheels so you can see the links and look for scraping marks.
  12. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

i got told what DEANO is saying by the mechanic at the garage that told me i needed shortened shocks. I still have the adjuster cup in and when the car was up on the ramps the spring still became dislodged (it actually hit the mechanic on the shoulder as he walked under the car) hence the reason...
  13. ibizaneal

Advice needed on knocking from front suspension (mk4 fr tdi)

i had this problem a few months ago, i took it back to the place that fitted my coilovers and they couldnt find anything wrong and basically told me i was hearing things. I took my wheel off one day to clean the arches and i saw a scraping mark on the inner arch. it turned out that the ARB had...
  14. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

i thought they'd have been shorter but apparently not, according to the place that is doing warrenty work on my motor they're dangerous, because if you ever jump a bridge (as if we'd do that) or something like that then the the spring could fall out of its cup and cause you to crash! i dont know...
  15. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

i think your probably right, i only bought them because i took my car in for some warrenty work and they phoned me up and told me the rear springs were dangerous as when they took the weight off the back end the springs fell out of their seats! i got the rear dampers for £30+VAT
  16. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

in case anyones ever wondering this i got a set of rear shortened rear dampers from www.venommotorsport.com, had to phone them for the Mk4 ibiza though.
  17. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

sorry, i mean just the dampers, iv got the v-maxx coilover kit but the dampers are the same stroke as the originals and the rear doent sit low enough for me, as you've pointed out.
  18. ibizaneal

shortened rear shocks?

hey folks, as the title suggests, does anyone know where i can get a set of shortened rear shocks for my 1.2? iv tried the search function but had no joy :( cheers neal
  19. ibizaneal

MOT failure, advice needed

i think my 'honeycomb' section could be leaking also, did you get any black marks under your car at any point?
  20. ibizaneal

New Fk Coilovers Fitted - Advice

i had a similar problem with my V-maxx kit, in the end it turned out the rear shocks were knackered and the car was sitting on the spring, could be the same problem.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise