Search results

1. Headrest / Overhead DVD

Thanks a lot mate, this is very useful. Don't worry about the photos, should be fine with the detailed explanation. Thanks again!
  2. Headrest / Overhead DVD

Thanks a lot Dai_O! I was hoping to do the same with a small rod so it's great you confirm that it works. To unclip the seat material, did you recline the seat all the way back for access? Am going for those: http://www.eonon.com/Car-Monitors/Headrest/L0261M.html, as I already bought the...
  3. Headrest / Overhead DVD

Am about to install myself, for the 12v, I will take it from the cigarette lighter at the back of the center console, there's space underneath to nest cables. My main concern is how to remove the seat upholstery to run the cables through. Any help appreciated. Cheers!!!
  4. Double Din Head Unit replacement

Ok, finished the installation. I drilled through the facia and screwed top and bottom. The JVC cage gave enough clearance for the screw head.: The facia locks into the dash thanks to the clips sold with it. You have to push really hard to get it into place, so it's not going to pop out any...
  5. Double Din Head Unit replacement

So went to the Seat dealer this evening. There is no other adaptor for the cage. The holes in the dash are for the SatNav unit. The Facia will also allow the installation of a single din unit, Seat sells the pocket compartment to close the bottom space. So basically I conclude that I have to...
  6. Double Din Head Unit replacement

Thanks Numpty, Indeed I have options here, just trying to do the right thing :).
  7. Double Din Head Unit replacement

I have them at the top and bottom but the top ones are covered by the facia. What about those 4 holes in the dash, is there anything that attaches to them?
  8. Double Din Head Unit replacement

Hey Numpty, The cage indeed slides into the facia. Problem is how/where do I secure the cage into? First, I don't think I am supposed to attach the cage to the facia. Someone can just pop out the facia and run away with the stereo. Second, even if I wanted to, the facia has quite a wide...
  9. Double Din Head Unit replacement

Thanks, posting pics in a few minutes
  10. Double Din Head Unit replacement

Hi All, Been reading all I could on posts here and found some great information, thanks to all the posters. However I am still a bit stuck with exactly what I need to get to install my new double din HU. I am installing a JVC kw-xr811. I got the facia plate replacement from David in...
  11. Replacing head unit, question on Illumination feed

Hi All, I have replaced the Head Unit on my 07 Altea XL TDi with a JVC double Din KW-XR811. I found great info in the forum about what parts to get and what to do so a big thanks to all the posts!!!!!. I still have one bit of info missing. On the JVC loom and my harness adaptor, there is a...
  12. Airbag light on

Thanks Jon, I will check. Already checked the one behind the glove box but looks fine. No mates with vag-com, where can I get 1 from?
  13. Airbag light on

I have an 07 Altea XL 1.9R, 20000 km on the clock. The airbag light is on all the time, started about 2 weeks ago. When I turn on the engine, light comes on during checkup, then turns off for about 1 second and then comes back on. Has anybody experienced something similar, looking for pointers...