Search results

1. greenakd

Possible Dual Mass Flywheel Issue

The issue was looked at by my local dealer and they changed the alloy spacer plate between the engine block and gearbox which had distorted and was catching the flywheel which is what was causing the noise. They had a modified spacer (which leads me to believe that this may be a known issue)...
  2. greenakd

Possible Dual Mass Flywheel Issue

Horrible noise coming from my Wifes Altea 1.6Tdi 63 Plate. Dealer has listened to recording as intermittent. They have now said it may be the flywheel. Not sure how to upload sound files though. Have anyone else had the same issue?
  3. greenakd

Squeaky Windows !!

My wifes 57 plate Altea had the drivers window do this the end of last year. We were stcuk so paid the Dealers £150 to repair. During this they broke a piece of trim which was finally replaced FOC. The passenger side has also started doing this but strangely enough it went in for its service and...
  4. greenakd

Factory Fit iPod Connector Functionality

You need to either buy the lead or a special holder that fits in the cup holder(It still has the same lead connections just costs more). I use the lead and if it is a nano in a small case you can hide it quite well down near the ports. Had mine since new Sept 2010. The only issue I have...
  5. greenakd

Pinging, scraping metallic noise Leon FR

Have had a brief look over with the Mk1 eyeball but nothing obvious.
  6. greenakd

Did you work out what was causing the noise?
  7. greenakd

Hello to all I am puzzled by a strange noise coming from the rear of my 60 plate Leon FR Tdi. It happened a few months ago first of all with like a pinging/clunking noise from the rear of the car as though the exhaust was dragging on the ground. It was also felt by the passengers sat in...
  8. greenakd

Oil leak?

Thankfully no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil. But will keep an eye on as now out of warranty. Although looking to possibly change for a smaller engined car due to wifes fuel usage.
  9. greenakd

Oil leak?

I have just noticed on my Wifes 1.9Tdi Altea a small amount of oil around the rim of the filler cap. It was not there last week when it decided to use some coolant for no apparent reason. Not used any since. Any ideas??:help:
  10. greenakd

Noise from front driver underside near wheel arch

I get a grinding noise at slow speed and is worse in the wet. My car is the same and is now about 7 months old. The dealer put it down to having the 18" wheels. But has come up with no other idea. It is similar to my wifes Ibiza she had a few years ago and they put it down to the subframe on...
  11. greenakd

Factory Fit iPod Connector Functionality

With this you need to buy the Ipod connection lead that plugs into the bottom of the Ipod and has a USB and 3.5mm jack on the other end. Plug both of these into the CUP and hey preston all fires up on the headunit. Mine plays up every now and then but then I just disconnect and reconnect. :lol:
  12. greenakd

Weird tail light problems

My wife has had problems with the rear drivers light it was popping on and off. the bulb has been changed and all seems ok for the moment but the dealer has said that a new rear bulb holder is required. Only 3 1/2 years old. the rear discs and pads are also needing to be replaced only covered 33k.
  13. greenakd

This might just be me, but can i ask this question to all FL models (Mostly CR FR's)

Not just yours Grahamfr with the dissapearing display. I haven't tried the CC but my display goes blank as well when the revs drop down over a period of time. Normally when on the flat. Must be a sensor there somewhere not picking up correctly. But then I wouldn't be using my CC at that low a...
  14. greenakd

Bluetooth Sensor

Brilliant Installed on my HTC Desire works a treat. No more boing disconnected.:funk:
  15. greenakd

DPF Experiences

I had a few issues with my 08 FR TDI with the DPF mlight coming on at regular intervals. So Far so good (touch wood) with my new 60 FR TDI had since September and no issues yet with the DPF. Only another issue with some slight grinding on Right corner and a rattle that seems to come and go.:shrug:
  16. greenakd

FR Face Lift 09>

I have just ordered my new FR TDI and it now comes with as standard the convenience pack and hill hold. They have also put a new stereo in it. More like the VW style. I have had the options of 18" rims, Alacantra in silver and bluetooth. The car is going to be in Candy white as I alreday have...
  17. greenakd

Eletric Windows operating independently

The were on the floor overnight so not touched and the alarm went off at 6.30am. I know that the car was all locked up as my wife got home from work at 10pm the night before in her own car.:help:
  18. greenakd

Eletric Windows operating independently

Hello All I was woken yesterday morning by my alarm going off on my FR. So looked out of the window and switched it off then got up to go off to work to find that all the windows had decided to drop down. Rain was very hevy at the time so interior very wet. Not a comfortable journey to...
  19. greenakd

Age of Leon drivers

I am 35 got my Tdi FR MY08 when I was 34 loving it all the way.:lol:
  20. greenakd

Roof Bar Keys

Can anyone help out there. I have lost the keys to my OE Roofbars and been to my local dealer but they don't seem to be able to help. I emailed SEAT and according to them my local dealer should be able to get replacement keys. 2 weeks later still no joy!!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.