Search results

1. Engine conversion

Then i hope the work goes OK and all is well. Also, save a little bit of money back, just for any "build" problems, as there are always some along the way, not matter how much planning has gone on! We have a guy who has sent his away to be turbo charged, and he has planned everything, and...
  2. Engine conversion

Since you have to upgrade "major" items i would sell on. I own a Lexus IS200 (used to be a 2005 Leon 1.9TDI Stylance) and the forum where i come from, people are swapping the IS200 engine for 2L turbo engines, but there spending 6K on doing them. If your up for spending the money, do it...
  3. Who should map my leon fr 2.0 TDI CR

When i had my leon i was going to goto Revo, just because some Seat dealerships offer it now
  4. 1.9 Diesel

mine also had a bad clutch vibration. Nothing was done under warranty as i kept being told to wait till it gets worse. It got worse by snapping the engine mount from the block of the engine, which was ultimatly down to the flywheel. Seat would not admit this but after paying for an...
  5. Parrot Kit

halfraud damaged all the sourounding area, and was told you couldnt buy the trim for the radio, so a new radio was fitted by Seat, Paid by Halfrauds!
  6. Parrot Kit

Hi, I had a parrot kit fitted and no problems behind the dash. I did have to have a new radio by seat and they did say it is very tight!! Only thing is the front of my stereo sits forward approx 3 mm
  7. Arm Rest

i bought the top one. Only problem is its just held on with a door hindge!! Although you can pull it forward and does give you a bad back (from leaning to the left!!)
  8. 1.9 stylance losing boost

another sign of not over reving cars now and again can do more harm than good!!!!
  9. Gearbox failure: Lost 1st,2nd and R gear

Hi. My 1.9tdi Stylance had a gearbox fault. Was reversing one day and heard a loud bang. Couldnt select 2nd over 2500RPM, reverse made a loud clicking noise and wouldnt reverse controlled (kept jumping about). Stockport told me it was the linkage, but in the end the full box was...
  10. Disable "leaving home" lighting

its funny really as i have coming home lights, but want the leaving home lights activating (dont have bluetooth). I
  11. Air Filter on First Service

I checked my airfilter after having two services (10,000 & 20,000) and it was like a rock. All hard and full of shite. Changed it then but it was destroyed so i would say it needs doing well before 50,000 miles! (mines a oil burner by the way)
  12. Shall I buy: LEON FR or GOLF GTi

i had a Gold GT TDI (140bhp) Now i know its not a GTI, but i didnt enjoy the ride at all. I was told it was selling for around 16k, and it had nothing in. It had slightly sporty seats, automatic headlamps and electric mirrors and that was it. I also didnt like the centre dash, as it has...
  13. Juddering When Pulling Away

Hi. I have same problem throu the cluch, but only when slowing down or i am coasting. Its when i push my cluch in its vibrating throu. Oldham seat told me its a flywheel problem, but need to wait until it develops more, as it is not always there. Apparantly, all FR's 2.0tdi got...
  14. Price of diesel

im paying £126.9 in Oldham, Manchester @ Shell. I did start using V-Power before christmas, but when that was 5p more than normal, at the £1.10 mark it became pointless!
  15. gearbox?? Car won't go into first.

I had a 1.6 bora, which i had to have the box looked at, cost me £450 for them to pull it to peices to have a look, replace a few teeth here and there, and that was without the cost of removing the box and refitting it (knew the garage who was doing it so did me a favour!!!!)
  16. gearbox?? Car won't go into first.

i have a new shape leon, and mine got stuck in gear. My friend (who is a mechanic) applied some revs (about 1.5K) and pulled it slowly out of gear and that worked. Mine tured out to the the box that was fooked once seat looked into the matter . . . lucky for me it was a warranty issue!
  17. Any one with VAG near Manchester?

if i can buy a lead would the software work on the new leon? Cheers
  18. Any one with VAG near Manchester?

Hi All, Just wondering if any one has VAG anywhere near Manchester, as i would like someone to change a few settings. If you do, please let us know if your willing to do this and, of course, i will provide payment. Leaving home lights, windows down when you hold unlock button/hold lock...
  19. Windscreen Wipers

Mines a 55 reg and guessing they are the factory ones. But mine have started to give up, but the £18 a wiper seams a little steep!!!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members