Search results

1. Selling my car with a remap

I'm trying to sell mt Leon Cupra TDI at the moment. I've had plenty of enquiries about it but still haven't sold it. It has a remap and I want to know if anyone thinks I'd have more chance of selling it if I had the remap taken off the car and sell it as standard? Any advice much...
  2. Advise : Performance of Remapped Altea 2.0 TDI DSG

Due to a long term health problem the time has come for me to look for a car thats a automatic. I currently drive a Leon Cupra TDI with a remap that has 190bhp and 300lbs/ft of torque, I really don't want to down grade in terms of performance so my question is this, would a Altea 2.0 TDI DSG...
  3. Poor MPG!!!! :(

I had a similar problem, happened after i changed my filter to a green panel filter, all i had to do was reset the ecu and problem was solved. I can average nearly 40 mpg doing nothing but town driving, thats sensible driving with a few little blasts when its possible. On a run at 80 i see...
  4. Rockingham - Who'll be there!?

I'm going.
  5. White Wheels?

IMO white wheels don't really suit the altea. I had white type are wheels on my previous car, a civic sport, and they looked great when they were clean but thats the problem with white wheels, keeping them clean. Here is a pic
  6. How many miles per full tank?

If I put in £50 worth of diesel, which doesn't fill the tank, I usually get around 400 miles before the computer says 0 miles again, and thats all on town driving.
  7. wwwoooooosshshhh

I was driving through the dartford tunnel on sunday and I couldn't resist, window open, 3rd gear, full throttle for a second upto about 3k revs and then lift off, brillient:D Sounded awesome in a tunnel, just like a petrol turbo car with a DV.
  8. Opinions on these

If both the RS6 and RS4 wheels have a rim width of 8J then will they fit the Altea? Or do they need to be 7.5J?
  9. Opinions on these

I really like the RS4 wheels but I don't know if they suit the Altea:confused:
  10. Opinions on these

I'd like to know what people think of these, 18inch RS6 wheels on a Altea. If anyone has any other thoughts on wheels that would look good on the Altea I'm open to suggestions.
  11. Farewell Altea 2.0 tdi sport dsg

Is it on autotrader or anything yet as I am looking for a Altea with DSG. How much are you looking for?
  12. Well now all i can do is wait!

when you say low mpg, how low are you talking about? some smoke under acceleration is normal from a tdi, what diesel are you using, supermarket or bp ultimate etc?
  13. Well now all i can do is wait!

Try elephant, i got a quote for a Altea 2.0tdi sport of £500, their quite reasonable on mods as well. I'm 25, licence 7 years, 2 ncb and 3 points
  14. Tyre life

3000 miles is a very low amount of miles for a set of front tyres. Is the tyre wear even across the width of the tyre? Mine had new toyo proxe T1-R's on the front when i brought it and i've since done about 5500 miles (5000 with a remap) and they have hardly worn at all.
  15. MK1 FR TDI's still holding their value

Wheely, how long ago were you offered that price? £9500 is a great price, mine is the same as yours but with a extra 10k on the clock and when i looked at trading mine in against a Altea all i was offered was between £7 - 8k, that was from a independant trader. I assumed that my local SEAT...
  16. RADIO in 2 SAFE mode.

is there any other code written in the book or anywhere else with your car documents.
  17. Rolling Road figures

Can you contact the previous owner to ask what they had done? 339lbft is a high figure to be running on a standard clutch, does your clutch slip?
  18. Too fast for 2.0 Tdi

Sounds like your car has had a remap, as a comparision with my Leon Cupra TDI which has had a remap and is running the power figures quoted in my sig, there is nothing between me a mk5 Golf GTI from about 30 - 80. If your car has had a remap it will be running a similar amount of torque to mine...
  19. What Clutch

there ya go sav