Search results

1. Changing Fog Lights on Leon FR

sorry mate, not done my indicator lights as don't see the point unless they blow.... =) Unfortunately due to the nature of my work, I tend to be on the motorways a lot at night (driving back home) so sometimes I use my fogs when there are no road lights (like on the M3). I used to use my...
  2. 170 tdi remap

I've been running a remap on my TDI FR for coming up to 3 years... no problems! (I've got a PD engine) had my remap done by p-torque (http://p-torque.co.uk/)..... Will (p-torque tuner) use to offer discounts to the forum users, no idea if he still does....
  3. Changing Fog Lights on Leon FR

So having spent the last few hours or so trawling the internet trying to find some instructions on how to change the fogs on the FR, I thought I'd post up some clear instructions since I couldn't find any online for the FR.... there's one on this forum (link at end of post) which explains how to...
  4. What Tyres?

Er..... this is UK, when do we ever get any other weather other than Wet or Ice?!? :D
  5. What Tyres?

Anyone been able to get stock of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics?!? I've rung round several places and they're saying stock is limited at the moment.... O_o" Had some Pzeros which came standard with my 07 FR..... never again..... rims got scratched to bits within months (unfortunately my mum...
  6. Morning All. Need some tyers

i've basically just got my car back after it's 20,000 mile service (07 plate) and I've been told to change the front two tyres due to the insides of the tyres being worn down..... However, with my back tyres still pretty decent, I'm going to swap the rear tyres with my fronts to try and get...
  7. Leon to M1 Autos

eh? Seat New Southgate has closed?!? I'm sure they were still open the last time I drove past them..... :confused: My goodness, weren't they the biggest dealership in London? I got my first Mk2 from them....... I believe the Hampton Court dealership is owned by Spurs Garage..... My...
  8. Hello for first time - tell me how good and safe - remap FR TDI 170

I've just got back home from a long run up to P-torque in Wolves (a slight detour as I was originally travelling up to Brum for a meeting)..... Must say I'm very happy with the remap that I just forked out 300 odd smackers for! :thumbup: Just FYI, I drive a FR TDi.... As always when...
  9. Leon FR tdi 2.0 Turbo Noise

.... i had a similar problem as yours but my noise was more of an Oook type sound. Brought it into the dealers and it got sorted, supposedly the dealers should know about engine noise problems. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153838
  10. CO2 rating for the new Leon FR TDI

I've got a 07 plate FR TDi...... My V5 says 161 which pisses me off..... over the band by 1g..... [:@] However, I find it a bit strange that cars produced in the same year (2007) have varying CO2 emissions...... I believe all the new FR TDi state 160g on their emissions now (according...
  11. Hello for first time - tell me how good and safe - remap FR TDI 170

let us know how your custom remap goes....... i'm a bit skeptical to take my FR to a tuner who doesn't usually tune VAGs..... At the moment I'm torn between a Revo remap or one by the guys at p-torque (who seem very professional with their comments on this forum).
  12. Tyre choice

Rim protectors DO protect the rim......... (although not 100% proof) they definately protect the alloys a helluva lot better than tyres that don't have them! They will certainly protect against brushes with the kerb...... which is gut-wrenching when you hear the grating noise when you've...
  13. Good Service?

I have to admit that the service I've received so far from Spurs in Wimbledon has been pretty top notch!! My old Mk2 Sport was brought from Southgate Seat and they were a pain to get things sort out on warranty. Plus with Spur Garage, it's a smaller outfit than Southgate so you get more of...
  14. FR 18" Alloys Refurbished Black.

is that £680 fitted?? awesome kit...... IMO way nicer than the BTCC kit!
  15. Tyre choice

Easy..... Kwik Fit are so successful because their customers are mainly the school run mothers who know next to nothing about cars! :p I have P Zero Rossos...... the lack of rim protection is seriously p!ssing me off. I've decided that when my tyres get replaced I'm going for a full refurb...
  16. Ripped Off or was I ? - Leon Screen wash

Exactly..... it does the same thing!!!! Even better.... buy it when it's BOGOF!!!!!!! :D
  17. Ticking behind the dashboard

I had a similar problem to you on my old Mk 2 Sport TDi, a ticking noise coming from the engine when it was warm...... I narrowed it down to it possibly being the turbo, but in the end I part-ex the car for a FR TDi..... :p Have you brought it into a seat garage yet? There's been quite a...
  18. Fuel Consumption on Mk2 FR TDI

I've had my car for about a year now with just over 12k on the clock and recently I have noticed an improvement on the mpg...... when I first got it, the mpg was always mid-late 30s but now I'm getting mid 40s on the same type of journey! Still a bit low in my opinion and I don't know if it's...
  19. 140Tdi Car Tax

The new Car Tax is really pissy........ My TDi FR is an 07 model and has a CO2 emission of 161...... blawdy 1g over the band but a £20 hike...... [:@] Pah..... wonder if I should trade my car in (again) this year..... :p
  20. Engine noise problem solved!! - Seat Bulletin available

I'm glad some ppl have sorted out their noise problem with the service bulletin ref I posted. Like mrsixstring my noise hasn't completely disappeared, you can still hear a slight sound but only if you're really concentrating on hearing it and the car has been worked hard! TBH, since the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.