Search results

1. mungo

Mk2 Cupra face-lift centre console. Where to buy?

The black coat of whatever lines the plastic part is peeling. Can only be some sort of paint. Shocking build quality on that part. Definitely original as it includes pictures for things like heated mirrors etc. I'll try and get a photo up later.
  2. mungo

I emailed Andrew Westwood at Listers yesterday. No reply.... it's clearly too difficult a part for them to find. So yep, impossible problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Have you repainted part? There must be someone.
  3. mungo

Thanks Legojon, I'll take a look at that section
  4. mungo

I have a seemingly impossible problem to solve... My car is a 2010 face-lift mk2 Cupra 1P. The centre console (where traction control button / power outlet etc are near handbrake) is looking really shoddy where the paint has just peeled in many places, the cover for the power outlet has come...
  5. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

That looks really nice!
  6. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Sorry Andrew, not meant as an insult. I can see that you cherish the car you have rather than see it as an MOT for a year. So difficult to put things the right way in the written word. The impression I get from other posts on this thread, especially when compared against people's views on...
  7. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

No not really. I am discussing the specific value of a car that members on here once cherished but because of the age of Mk 1 Leons, this section seems to now be populated by people who drive cheap fast sheds for a year until the MOT runs out for a few hundred quid. Not that there's anything...
  8. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Yes, a 210bhp pre-Revo remap. As soon as the warranty ran out I remapped it. Best thing I ever did to it. Total transformation AND more economical in normal driving. Both the AMK (210) and the BAM (225) remap to the same as the only difference was a different map, all the h/w was the same...
  9. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Will bear in mind
  10. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

That's the problem when you get a car a certain age it only attracts that type. And I have no idea why they would want a 265bhp hatchback with rock solid unforgiving suspension. It's in the way now though. Sensibly, it has to go. But I might just end up keeping it. I would give it to my...
  11. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Thanks Suschef, I am one of those that don't do social media though.
  12. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Sorry about the North Korea comment (it's the new version of Irish), it's just that, "It's a different car at 35k with 1 owner full history at a certain age/mileage all cars become the 'same' essentially", didn't seem to make any sense. It's tricky trying to say something that would be easy...
  13. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

They all seem to be fake R's. Diesels with LCR wheels and "Cupra R-line" in the description when there was never any such thing. I think turbos that only last that long must have been driven flat out on every drive, and abused.
  14. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Are you from North Korea?
  15. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

It's better condition than a lot of 2010 cars I looked at! The LCR is a different car but that's a different discussion really. I think the fact it's on the original KO4 turbo and box shows that it has been driven with mechanical sympathy and a reflection of how well I have looked after it...
  16. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Thanks for that. The LCR is a very different car though - especially remapped.
  17. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

Very helpful reply and thanks for that. Trying to keep the ad cheap as I am all spent out after the LCRs recent bills AND the purchase of my new Cupra. (and three kids at home!) It is unmodded, yes, apart from the Revo stage 1 (which they need). Yes, original turbo (still pulls really...
  18. mungo

Problems selling an LCR

In 2002 I bought a Cupra R brand new. It was the best car I have ever had, and I have owned many exotic performance cars - I rate it better than those. I still have it. I bought a 2010 Leon Cupra 2.0 TSI about a month ago as I decided it was time to move on ... I would really have liked the...
  19. mungo

LCR: turbo problem?

fault found by JKM Motors, Pompey JKM Motor Services Ltd- VERY GOOD!!! Turned out to be a pipe at the front left hand side of the engine as you look at it - The pipe is a tiny one that folds back on itself and the pipe was split right in the fold so very hard to see. They have ordered...
  20. mungo

LCR: turbo problem?

Thanks for the post... The traction control light is not staying on no. I would be interested to see these pics - my car is being looked at by JKM Motor Services Ltd in pompey tomorrow morning following the uselessness of Kings SEAT soton
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members