Search results

1. chris27

Where abouts can I get hold of...

Those ones? I got mine on ebay a while ago. Think they where only about £20 new. Keep checking on ebay, for sale ads on here and try the dealers to see how much and if they are available still! Edit: Cruiser87 beat me to it!
  2. chris27

Looking to join the fold, how does this car look????

After educating myself on what a "boost" valve does on a n/a engine (thank you ebay) i can pretty much guarantee that car will be a waste of money. Has he got a dyno for that 190bhp :p
  3. chris27

clutch noise

Is it adjusted properly? Mine makes a slight noise when the clutch is up but nothing more than what i would expect from an 10 year old car lol
  4. chris27

Where do these plugs go

Isnt there a little switch at the bottom of the handbrake? Have you checked that is plugged in and working correctly
  5. chris27

Creaking noise when i turn

I dont have a gti but someone will know if they are fixed or hydralic mounts on the box? i wouldve expected fixed? as above check for any play in the tie rod and rack end joints. With the car on a ramp, give the wheels a little side to side movement. if you can feel a knock or play its likely to...
  6. chris27

3000k hid question

I made a thread about it before. Everyone says they've passed with them but with my car it doesnt make the correct beam pattern, and aslong as the hids are fitted, it never will. Thats why i always swap my bulbs back and reallign them before a mot. Also legally they need to self level and have...
  7. chris27

3000k hid question

Ive got 6ks and they are white? Odds are that any hids wont pass an mot as your not allowed to use hid bulbs with standard halogen lenses due to the beam pattern and glare they produce.
  8. chris27

085 Bearing issue noise on start up

Its pretty loud and varies tbh. For example today it wasnt making any noise, but after a 5-10 min journey it was noisey when i got to work. Is def coming from the box aswell.
  9. chris27

bttt. Someone must know!
  10. chris27

Pants MPG

The mpg on my 1.4 has always been crap. What made it better in the end EnGbudd?
  11. chris27

missfire

Injectors? And have you checked the timing is spot on?
  12. chris27

Ive got a 1.4 with an 085 box. last winter there was a bit of a squeak on start up for about 10 seconds but this was only when the temp was almost 0. It stopped when summer was here and it was a bit warmer but the past few days, when it has been colder, its started to squeak again on start up...
  13. chris27

help with rear wheels bearings

No help im affraid as ive only done them on the drums on mine! You got a pic of your car? Prob seen it around a few times as im also from swindon.
  14. chris27

Windscreen Washer Help

Can you hear the pump working? And they def connected to both washer jets? The "t" pipe where it splits to each washer jet somethimes comes off on mine
  15. chris27

How can i made Single wiper?

Buy something like this
  16. chris27

HID Beam Pattern

Yeah its the dipped beam thats the problem. The main beam is just plain crap anyway. I put the headlights on an allignment machine at it doesnt have any sort of pattern anywhere. The light is just projected randomly. Anyway to fix it with the standard reflectors in the light?
  17. chris27

HID Beam Pattern

Jus wondering what the pattern is like on everyone elses cars who have fitted HID's as ive got my mot soon. Has anyone got a decent beam pattern with the kick to the left with the standard headlights?? Ive got h4 bulbs if that makes any difference to the headlights between models.
  18. chris27

steering knocking

Does it do it all the time and does it do it with just the ignition on?
  19. chris27

coil spring advice needed!

Put springs on mine but it didnt make it soft and bouncy? Mayb the struts have gone. Do bounce test. Push down on the car and see how long it takes to settle back at normal ride hight. And the bearings wont be from the strut. More than likely the top mount.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.