Search results

1. FR+TDI

Help! Window Regulator

Excellent, cheers :cheers:
  2. FR+TDI

Help! Window Regulator

Thanks for that. Just had a look, hmm, sounds like fun! The Freelander one I did last year was a b'stard and needed two of us to hold everything together when tensioning up at the end. Having done that, I'm pretty confident in being able to do the Altea! Some diagrams would still be nice though!
  3. FR+TDI

Help! Window Regulator

Looking for a diagram of the cable lay out of the window regulator on an Altea (right front). Sounds like the cable is munching itself so not using the window now. Seen the cable kits on ebay so going to give it a go - did a Freelander a few months ago with a kit off ebay and whilst it was a...
  4. FR+TDI

Standard daytime running lights (with bi-xenons)

As DRL's are going to be law on new cars shortly, I thought I'd give this a bump back to the top! ***EDIT*** Just been on the Leon Mk2 page, all the info needed is there. :)
  5. FR+TDI

Adjusting headlights, coolant temp and few more questions

My current 1.9 & previous 2litre took ages to warm, so did my V reg 1.9tdi Toledo 10 years ago. I had a Mazda 6 td in 2003, warm air from the heater in under two miles & up to full temp in four miles!
  6. FR+TDI

By the lack of replies it aint looking good Greyrider...
  7. FR+TDI

Got an XL with bi-xenons, comes with day time running lights. As these are just standard bulbs, I'd like to replace them with some led jobbies, any suggestions????? Thanks.
  8. FR+TDI

Rain Sensitive Wipers

Wasn't trying to facetious or odd Andy! ;) Appreciate what you say regarding turning them off however as the option of auto lights/wipers is a pay option and not a no cost then I expect it to work correctly - I also said this to the mechanic! If the sat-nav started playing up and working...
  9. FR+TDI

Rain Sensitive Wipers

erm, I do have it in the 'intermittent' position as this is the idea of auto wipers isn't it? Of course I can have it in the 'off' position but this kind of defeats the object! Likewise the same for the lights.... You sound like the mechanic at the dealers!! :lol:
  10. FR+TDI

Rain Sensitive Wipers

Auto wipers & lights seem to have a mind of their own on my Alt XL, wipers give a random wipe when its bone dry & lights seem to come on occasionally when its nice & sunny!!!! Was checked at its recent 10k service and no faults were found. Didnt know the delay setting becomes a sensitivity...
  11. FR+TDI

Tyre wear/usage

Just had new tyres on my Altea XL 1.9 105 (mapped to about 130), 11500 miles & finished!! I think 15k on front tyres of a FWD is good going!
  12. FR+TDI

New Exeo owner

The sat nav disc for my Altea was also not present with the car on delivey, so i'd concur with te comment regarding it not being with the car to prevent theft. Again, came in the post a week or so later.
  13. FR+TDI

sell or keep the altea ?

2ltr tdi 'common' problems: turbo failure (especially if they've been chipped/mapped), oil pump drive failure, heads cracking causing water consumption. Turbo failed on my 2ltr BKD Altea at 63k miles - shaft snapped & pumped the oil into the inlet, result - bent con-rod! Engine short...
  14. FR+TDI

Which is the better car... Exeo or Superb?

Driven both, Exeo 143 Sport manual & a Superb 170 Elegance DSG. Exeo was a fairly sporty drive, quality was good and went well, but felt very tight inside compared to my Altea, back seat space particularly poor! The Superb really was superb! Quality was good - more limousine than sporty and...
  15. FR+TDI

About to buy a ALTEA 2.0 TDI Sport DSG?

Just bought my December 05 55 plate 2ltr Tdi Sport off work, 91k miles, new short motor/turbo/intercooler/cat, etc at 64k (turbo died & took the rest with it!), 9 months MOT, 4 months tax, recent front tyres. Had a gearbox issue (now fixed), missfire (sort of fixed!) & a little bit a damage...
  16. FR+TDI

how to change dash from km to miles

Speedo reads miles, digi reads kilometers because the speedo dial only has an mph scale & not an mph AND kph scale as most cars have.
  17. FR+TDI

Heater blower motor failure?

The heater fan is inder the dash in the passenger side foot well, remove the three torx screws & the two other plastic knob/screw things (by hand) which hold on the cover (if your car has one), you'll have to be on your back, unplug the connector, then grab the fan & just turn the motor (cant...
  18. FR+TDI

URGENT - 225/45/17 Tyres!

Had Dunlop D9000 the last few times as, for me, they last very well - 4k miles more than others I've tried. Not tried Michies tho as they are generally £100 each more!
  19. FR+TDI

1.9 or 2.0 TDI ?

Had a Toledo TDI SE in 2000, V reg, my 1st company car. I can honestly say it was the best car I have ever had! The abuse it had over three years/100k miles was shocking! Yet ten years and another 120k miles on its still going strong. Fantastic car & much better built & quality then the newer...
  20. FR+TDI

Altea Towbars

No it wont, they're either side of centre. Hell £130 fitted is a good price! Guess £80 for mine diy is a bit much!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.