Search results

1. CupraMuscle

Whats the Mileage on your TDI

03 reg ibiza sport pd130.....220k and counting! Marc.
  2. CupraMuscle

Reverse lights not working

Hi guys, Maybe someone can help me sort this out.....My reverse lights have stopped working. I've changed the bulbs and checked and checked the fuse but they are still not coming on when i engage reverse. Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing it? Cheers, Marc.
  3. CupraMuscle

anyone used these coilovers?

Don't buy cheap coilovers, you will only hate them and end up buying a better set in the future. I've got Bilstein's on mine and they're brilliant. Expensive...cost me £800 but well worth it. The damping is superb.
  4. CupraMuscle

think im gunna sell up

People do astound me. If you want a car that never breaks down, go get yourself a Nissan micra or some other piece of shop mobility. Every car has issues especially a performance car. As for people saying the cupra looks like a boy racer car and they're too grown up...what? I couldn't give a...
  5. CupraMuscle

think im gunna sell up

I've never had an issue with my car and if I have, it's always been something I've caused. Like pipes blowing off a bigger intercooler I fitted! As for unreliable cars, I've owned Rovers and NOTHING comes close to being as unreliable as those heaps!
  6. CupraMuscle

Your road to Ibiza ownership . . .

I don't have any pictures but I've had; 1994 L reg Proton Saga 1.5 Mpi - My first car, bought off my uncle for peanuts. 1994 M reg Rover Metro 1.4 GS - Destroyed by usual rover head gasket failure! 1990 H reg Rover Metro 1.4 GS - More of the same. 1994 L reg Rover Metro 1.8 GTi - As...
  7. CupraMuscle

Alloy Wheel Refurb?

Does anyone know of somewhere I can get my wheels refurbished and powder coated in the London area? Cheers, Marc.
  8. CupraMuscle

Spluttering problem?

OK cool, will try that. Thanks.
  9. CupraMuscle

Spluttering problem?

When the car comes on full boost about 3.5k it has started spluttering. This happens in 3rd and 4th gear mainly. Could it be plugs or a coil pack gone? I don't have vag com so can't check that way. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Marc.
  10. CupraMuscle

Milltek system

Sorry if this has been covered before :banghead: but I searched and couldn't find anything. The milltek system is listed as 2001 onwards but it will fit earlier models right? Mine's a 2000 plate. Thanks, Marc.
  11. CupraMuscle

Strut braces

Pic made it clear as day, cheers Baz.
  12. CupraMuscle

Strut braces

Where does the front lower strut brace attach to? And I do need a mk2 golf one right?
  13. CupraMuscle

ARB's or coilvers?

Ain't got the money for both at the mo. Hopefully in the future. Though there comes a point where you end up just ploughing money into it that you're never gonna get back. I love my car, but I'd rather go and buy a faster car than spend ridiculous amounts of money on my cupra. I learnt that on...
  14. CupraMuscle

ARB's or coilvers?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Cheers Rock.
  15. CupraMuscle

ARB's or coilvers?

I want to improve my handling on my ibiza cupra and am considering one of these. I was thinking about getting the roll bars (and maybe strut braces) with the standard suspension. I think the car handles fine, I'd just like it to be flatter through the bends. However, would I be better off...
  16. CupraMuscle

My car after TIP fitting

Thanks Steve. I'm considering removing the N249 but it seems like a lot of hard work for what it is. Don't wanna mess about too much with the car before the remap in case anything goes wrong. I've only just read your post so bit late now. I went down VW dealer on my way home from work and got...
  17. CupraMuscle

My car after TIP fitting

I checked the car and it seems it's one of the pipes from the N249 valve has snapped off. It's a small pipe that's covered in fabric (I couldn't think of better word). The top one that runs across the back of the valve down to a little metal thing on the side of the engine. I tried refixing...
  18. CupraMuscle

My car after TIP fitting

I didn't literally mean it's down, just feels different. Probably more in my head than anything else. I'll check all my hoses and I don't think the TIP had any kinks in it. Thanks guys, Marc.
  19. CupraMuscle

My car after TIP fitting

I fit my TIP over the weekend and the car seems to have less torque in 1st and 2nd, but there is a noticeable difference in the other gears. Is this normal? :confused: By that I mean less torque in the lower gears. I've got no warning lights showing and I'm getting a remap on sat, so should I...
  20. CupraMuscle

Firewall drilling?

Cheers guys thats awesome. Saves a lot of hassle.:D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members