Search results

1. two questions re: oil

I wouldn't worry, after long discussions with both SEAT and the dealer after they put 507.00 in my Cupra at the service it ended up with Quantum 504.00 longlife in it.
  2. Can you convince me????

Yeah red won't be as bad for swirl marks. The Cupra looks really good in red. Overall average I would say for me was around 24/25mpg. A run would be between 29 and 34 mpg, around town was often sub 20's. Drive enthusiastically and on a long run you can see sub 25 mpg. That was running...
  3. Can you convince me????

Ted Johnson have a good reputation so you should be okay. Not sure why so many Cupras have that had many owners. Apart from fuel running costs aren't bad and fuel wise there are worse cars out there. I suppose some people want the latest greatest car, at the time the Cupra was one of...
  4. FR TDi Price quote

Difficult to tell, especially as it being a build to order with a 12 week wait. You never get the best part ex price on a build to order as the market can change massively in that time. If a car is physically in stock or due in and you can change almost straight away you can drive a really...
  5. Can you convince me????

Bluetooth gives you the large MFD with the picture of the car. The large MFD gives additional functionality to be able to adjust features on the car. I have it on the TT and its pretty useful. Not sure what it does on the Leon exactly sorry.
  6. Can you convince me????

I think demand for Cupras has gone up a bit recently. 6 months ago they just wouldn't shift. Yellow looks ace but as said djhorace said may struggle to resell. A few months ago a few people reported dealers would refuse to take them in part ex as they couldn't get an underwrite on them...
  7. FR leon, good price?

Is that a petrol or diesel FR? If it's for a petrol that's overpriced, I'd want a Cupra for that sort of money, probably a bit less. As an example I got rid of my Cupra in October and it ended up at a main SEAT dealer. That car didn't shift until about March at which point they would have...
  8. Warranty Help/Advice

Courtsey cars vary a lot and at different times the policy at the same dealer can change. I wouldn't recommend going off the any driver part of a policy as thats only 3rd party and I think you need to be fully comp. My SEAT dealer offerred: Go off your own insurance Use their's a £1000...
  9. Dents Common?

Not sure about car parks but the legal minimum width for a space at the side of the road is 180cm, many cars are now actually wider than this as is the Leon if you include wing mirrors.
  10. Facelift FR TDI - Servicing

I have the 170 CR engine in my TT and service intervals on that are split so that a service and an oil change are two different things. Both are on countdown timers to a maximum of 19K miles or a set number of days (which may be 2 years). Looks like mine needs both done within 500 miles of...
  11. Dents Common?

My Cupra had a couple of minor dents in it when I got rid of it, you could only see them if you knew they were there though. The Leon is actually quite a wide car. Best to make sure you park it sensibily and not too close to the white line on either side. alx_chung's advise is spot on...
  12. Hi all New owner DPF question

I wouldn't let it spoil your enjoyment. Sure a fair few people have had issues, but many are down to faulty sensors. As fl1nty360 said you tend to hear the negatives on forums unfortunately. The SEAT DPF system on the FR isn't the greatest in the world, just make sure you follow the...
  13. Have they ruined the new FR ?? - changes for changes sake!

I'm sure the facelift will grow on people over time. It is always too easy to say that you prefer the old version when you have one. You should see some of the TT threads that have been going around recently with the Mk.1 vs Mk.2. The mid-life facelift always serves well to keep...
  14. FR TDi or Cupra? (based on mileage)

I had the Cupra for 15 months / 14K miles and now run a TT TDi which is the same CR engine as the new FR. I know the TT will be a fair bit lighter than the Leon which goes someway towards it, but like for like driving the TT does 20 mpg more than my Cupra did.
  15. Cupra Grille Surround

Model Year 2008 was the change over, so all Cupra's built after May 2007. My Cupra was one of the first MY08 ones on the forum which I collected in July 2007.
  16. Huddersfield SEAT

Not had any dealings with them since they changed to Sytner, who incidentally own Leeds Audi who have been fine, but before that they were shocking. I had an endless list of issue with them from delayed delivery of the car (was going to be 6 weeks late at one point), car damaged when 10 days...
  17. new facelift cupra bhp??

Where does 220 bhp for the new FR come from? I though it was 208 bhp the same as the new Golf GTi and the same engine that's been in the A3 for the last year or so? http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/233933/new_seat_leon_fr.html
  18. Laquer peeling on Alloys

Strange since I live not a million miles from you and Cupra R I've seen a fair few Cupra's in the area. What year is yours webhype? There is a red one parked quite often at a retail park just off the M62, I had a black one and have seen 3 or 4 other black ones at least in the area. I have...
  19. K1 Colour - A bit of fun :)

What about the other colours Irfan? are these Cupra's that the dealers modified themselves into K1s or ones converterted at the port of entry?
  20. K1 Colour - A bit of fun :)

Are we sure the info on K1 colours is correct? A quick used search on the SEAT website brings up Green, Orange and Yellow ones and I saw a blue one last week. I couldn't see the exhaust to confirm 100% though. I know that the brochures and website aren't always a true reflection of what's...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.