Search results

1. ross p

Front wipers issue

Bump
  2. ross p

Front wipers issue

The design for them is if they are on fast then they become intermittent when stopped, but if they are already intermittent they will remain at the same speed when stopped. Another issue is when pulling the stalk back I have windscreen wash, nor do the wipers function. It’s onky when driving...
  3. ross p

Front wipers issue

Hi all Noticed a new fault on my car today When stationary the front wipers do not work at all. Only when the car is travelling at around 5 mph do they start to move. If they are on fast and i stop then they will stop in the middle of the window and restart again once I start to move...
  4. ross p

front nearside caliper

hi all do any of you know the pat number for the front left hand caliper? Mines is sticking and feels like it has clamped, so deciding on a new one. alternatively does anyone have any links to one for sale?
  5. ross p

Logs

Hi all Done a scan and got the below log, can you advise please?
  6. ross p

Front indicator

Brilliant! Thank you
  7. ross p

Front indicator

Hi all Having trouble with my front offside indicator bulb Bulb has blown and had this replaced, still not working. While trying to remove the holder again its snapped the paddle on the back used to turn the holder round - now I cant get any grip on it to pull out without using pliers...
  8. ross p

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Got me to a cardiac arrest within minutes and saved a life!
  9. ross p

Brakes

Brilliant, thanks! So all across the range the fronts anyway are 312mm? It will be an all round change I do
  10. ross p

Brakes

Morning all Time to do my brakes! What size would I have on my 57 plate FR TDI? (without taking them off and measuring) I can see size ranges from 280, 288, 312 and 345mm? Thanks
  11. ross p

What do you all do for a job

I'm a buyer for an engineering company for onshore and offshore oil and gas, Also volunteer as a community first responder for the ambulance service.
  12. ross p

Scottish Charity Rolling Road day (Ecotune, Hillington) # 4th May 2013 #

Seems like a good day had by all! I was going to try and pop over since I'm pretty much round the corner, but didn't get a chance too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. ross p

Newbie from Renfrewshire (Glasgow)

About time you were back on this! welcome buddy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. ross p

12v lighter socket

Brilliant piece of advice mate! Thank you!
  15. ross p

PCV valve

Not sure about the mayo. But I changed mines because the diaphragm inside had collapsed and caused an air leak. Hopefully someone else can give you an answer on the mayo. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. ross p

12v lighter socket

My thoughts too. I've had it in every other car apart from the Leon. Strange Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. ross p

West of Scotland meet

Anyone up for another meet? That hopefully I can get too!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. ross p

12v lighter socket

Hi all, Quick question. I am looking to have a live feed going into my 12v socket for when the ignition is turned off to allow the phone to charge without the ignition being switched on. Is this possible? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. ross p

PCV valve

On my occy when I replaced mines the new rev was N. That was for a tfsi though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. ross p

car reving itself

Same thing happened with my occy, this was the cause. Definately sounds like an air leak.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members