Search results

1. Chez

Mid Lothian Meet - Sun 10th May 2pm - Melville Inn, Lasswade

No ill hopefully be going to Knockhill for the super lap Scotland event.
  2. Chez

I've seen 2 or 3 bodyshops in the area. One on the Roswell road seems to get good reviews, and there's one I know of near Cockpen church.
  3. Chez

I was actually brought up in Bonnyrigg, My parents still live there so I'm round now and then.
  4. Chez

Porsche brakes on mk3 cupra

My brembos with 305 discs sit very Close to the inner wheel. Unless the Porsche calipers are slimline I can't see them fitting under.
  5. Chez

Modified Live @ knockhill this Sunday

Spotted a few seat's too. I was at the hairpin, red mk3 ibiza cupra with starperformance sticker on boot. Saw a few Leon's, plus a couple of other mk 3's, yellow one and black one parked near me.
  6. Chez

I stay in Midlothian, near Dalkeith. Doesn't seem like there's many meets but I'd be up for one.
  7. Chez

Modified Live @ knockhill this Sunday

I'll be going up. Looks like a good days events
  8. Chez

SCN Scottish Meet 2014

I've done a few tracknights with dreadnaught and wouldnt hesitate to go on one. They are well run and the crowd arn't your usual hot hatch idiots. Did one a few years ago with dreadnaught / StarPerformance which had a good VAG turnout.
  9. Chez

Brakes question

Euro car parts have all you need. I got a set of rear discs and pads recently for less than £40 although there's even cheaper options. I've got brembos on the front and did the discs and pads too but they were sourced elsewhere. Euro car parts have standard fronts for sale cheap too.
  10. Chez

Scottish Charity Rolling Road day (Ecotune, Hillington) # 4th May 2013 #

I'm thinking of coming along to this to watch and meet you guys. Got a day pass away from the wife so hopefully weather is nice and I can come through from Edinburgh. Davy cooper, are you still going?
  11. Chez

searching locksmith - car diggi is not lock or unlock automatically

If you mean your remote locking then it may just need the battery in the key changed and a re code. There's a guide on here, very easy to do.
  12. Chez

what have u done to ur car today?

Was on Sunday but stripped my brembos down, cleaned up the discs and pads then re-assembled with some new copper grease. Got 2 new rear tyres fitted.
  13. Chez

window switches

My driver side window switch works on one click for down but I need to hold it to put the window up, passenger switch on the drivers door is ok with one click but occasionally does the same as driver side. Maybe needing a clean up too?
  14. Chez

snow issues...

Had similar before in the snow, it was deep and managed to fill the arch causing a wheel sensor to loose signal. Didn't last long but brought my abs and tcs lights on till it sorted itself out
  15. Chez

fitted new thermostat today

Will need to look at getting one, the tool I used was a 3 pronged clamp which you attach to a socket wrench, and the more you turn the harder it grips, was just making contact tho.
  16. Chez

I got a neuspeed tip fitted years ago by the tuning garage I've always used, but as my brother in law has a lock up and access to a garage with a lift, 5 minutes from me I thought I'd take the opportunity of using the facilities. I've done things like fmic fitting and brakes before but now...
  17. Chez

I also removed the p clip which did make things easier. As you say, location doesn't make for easy work!
  18. Chez

That's the one I followed, mate. Good guide. Lucky I had the use of a garage worth of tools. The top bolt wasn't too bad, it was the bottom one that was awkward.
  19. Chez

Spent the day doing some servicing items on the car, and as part of it I replaced the coolant thermostat as I was getting the needle dropping symptoms. So, after an awkward reach with a long extension I finally got the housing off, new stat in and everything back together, then...
  20. Chez

A.C SEAT Seafield, Edinburgh

Frustated!!, So last week i ordered a new reverse switch for my gearbox, giving all details, reg number, car details, part description and location. "we'll give you a call when it comes in sir" NOTHING so i end up calling them this week and oh, the parts been there for days...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise