Search results

1. Timbo

Radio code???

Mine was inside the front cover of the radio instructions.....:shrug:
  2. Timbo

Well - that's it

It's over - my LC went back to the lease company today and I'm not getting another one - not from choice, but I'm back on the Co. car scheme which doesn't allow Seat's ! So it's Astra Sri town for me now. :banned: Sad to see it go as it's looked after me well over the last 3 and a half years...
  3. Timbo

LCR Change for VXR

Erm.... seeing as we are talking Vauxhalls, I've recently (reluctantly) :cry: had to make the decision to get an Astra SRi Diesel, 150 BHP version as my company car list is a bit limited - anyone know what sort of simple mods are available, i.e. is serial port programming a possibility ?
  4. Timbo

What on earth is this?

:lol: sure it's not the bung from the mechanic's hot water bottle ?:lol: :weedy:
  5. Timbo

Someone must know!!

I seem to swap between Admiral and Elephant every year - saved over £300 with Elephant this year (Paying £575, but only 3 yrs NC and points !)
  6. Timbo

End of lease - BVRLA guide

cheers - I've only got the usual few battle scars and some scuffed alloys, so should be OK - my neighbour is interested in buying it off the lease company and I don't know if they need to check it over beforehand - as long as he's happy, I can't see any probs !:rolleyes:
  7. Timbo

End of lease - BVRLA guide

Unfortunately my Elsie is due to go back soon and finance dictates that I will return to a non - Seat company car. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of what the state of the car should be to be returned without penalty, the lease company quotes that it is to be inspected using BVRLA...
  8. Timbo

Clutch Sticking!

very common in cold weather.........
  9. Timbo

Engine Management Fault

yep - my light came on recently and it was a dodgy engine coolant temp sensor ! - sounds quite common.
  10. Timbo

Launch date of FR, reiable info

erm.... I read the SEAT dealer's newsletter yesterday, and I'm sure it was the end of this month for the Altea FR !
  11. Timbo

de-icer

I've used de-icer for the last 3 yrs with no probs on paintwork - I'd rather do it this way than scrape, as SEAT glass seems to be rather susceptible to scratching, which you will notice in the low winter sun !!!! ;)
  12. Timbo

Lcr vs Fiesta ST on top gear

Anyway, back on topic, if it is any minor consolation, I caught a Fiesta ST from about 200 yds behind on a slip road and yes, he was trying ! By the way I've only got an Elsie !
  13. Timbo

Whiff removal

After having the rubber seal thing replaced from over the pollen filter after the 3rd leak, all should now be well - however as it has been rather moist recently, the steady trickle of water into the passenger footwell apears to have caused the development of an unpleasant smell, akin to cat...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.