Search results

1. scrob

Leon Cupra R Performance

I had an Ibiza with the mods below and ran a 14.7 at Crail, so I think its fair to say it was faster than an LCR. However my friend had a Coupe 20VT with just exhaust/decat/filter, and it totally inihilated my poor Ibiza. From what I hear, the Coupe has a boost limiter in 1st and 2nd, and...
  2. scrob

Fitted new wheels :D

No they arent, they are all the same! Dark grey/silver colour on the yellow too.. Just looks darker in pics ;)
  3. scrob

*URGENT* what tools needed for MK3 Brake Change?

Rear callipers are a bitch to rewind, I ended up taking mine off and putting them in the vice to hold them while I used the rewind tool, grrr...
  4. scrob

19/20yr Old Cupra Drivers... Insurance Companies??

I'd go for that mate, you won't look back ;) Give Admiral a go too though, you might be surprised..
  5. scrob

19/20yr Old Cupra Drivers... Insurance Companies??

Admiral insured me for £1150 when I was 20 with 1 year ncb, that was with suspension/exhaust/air filter declared and kept on the street :) Oh and as the guy above says, put your parents down as named drivers, even if they never intend to drive the car it seems to bring the policy down a few...
  6. scrob

Fitted new wheels :D

Wow Rob, looks amazing dude! That's my old car, what a transformation! To those who asked, they are Zimmerman drilled disks, and lowered 50mm on H&R Cup Kit.. Love it dude! PS got your docs in the post and those standard bits including the engine cover here in Scotland now, so I'll give em...
  7. scrob

Cupra Compared to focus MK1

I have owned both a mk1 Focus and a mk3 Ibiza Cupra.. Focus would definately outhandle the Ibiza by a mile but was absolutely gutless as far as power goes. To be honest the standard suspension in the Ibiza is absolutely terrible, but for the sake of £360 for an H+R Cup Kit you can totally...
  8. scrob

Broken Coin Tray

Sounds like what happened to mine, clip broke off the wee runner mech.. I got a replacement from a scrapyard out of some sort of Audi (a lot of VAG cars use the same card holder), cost about £10squid. Take the two screws out below the radio fascia and gently pull the whole front away from...
  9. scrob

Bulbs

Dipped beam H7, Full beam H1, sidelight is your normal wedge type, not sure on indicator though :D
  10. scrob

APR against REVO

Ibiza is 196. I have it in mine! :p
  11. scrob

Thinking about selling.

Can't say I'd be a fan, why not get something rediculous like an S14a Nissan 200sx and tune it (cheaply) in excess of 300bhp? :)
  12. scrob

Cupra R questions

I thought the R had plain seats with nothing written on them?
  13. scrob

APR against REVO

APR on Ibiza will be circa 196.
  14. scrob

APR against REVO

All Ibizas came k03. APR boosts to 15psi, Revo boosts to almost 20, so I can only assume APR is quite a smooth power delivery compared with Revo :)
  15. scrob

People asking to much for Ibiza Cupra/ R

I'm asking 6250 for mine, decent enough price I would have thought!
  16. scrob

Gutted...crashed

PS did you not think about wigging on the hand brake?
  17. scrob

Gutted...crashed

I had my pipe recalled in May, come October it has split again, so had it replaced again. :banned:
  18. scrob

grey ibiza ???

Import only.
  19. scrob

APR against REVO

Kinda, it'll be going in the Autotrader in January but hey if someone wants to take it off my hands sooner I'm happy to let it go! :D
  20. scrob

Fitting a A/F ratio Gauge

Baz I hooked up the one Brad put into my car, it jumps all over the place because its not getting the right signal. I fear yours may do the same unless its the correct format for the lambda probe... I remember looking into this loads and it turned out the only way to have an accurate af...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.