Search results

1. DandB

any negative effect from lowering?

No noticeable negatives from sportlines on my Cupra, in fact it handled a little better, looked like it had jumped down off stilts and the overall ride was not compromised at all. OEM sprigns definately crashy...and the FR noticeably more so than the CUPRA!
  2. DandB

air bag light?

If i'm not mistaken it just went off on its own! (It was a while ago, but dont think i would have switched it off without knowing for sure it was fixed) :)
  3. DandB

air bag light?

No... the connectors are visable and accessible by reaching underneath the seat!
  4. DandB

air bag light?

I had this issue, think because im tall and sometimes slide the seat right back firmly. Luckily i found the connectors under the seat and i unplugged, them blew the dust away, jiggled it around a bit and made sure all connectors were secure and hey presto all sorted.... Hope this works for...
  5. DandB

Helix or Sachs?

Sachs with oem dual mass flywheel here, had no problems at all handling the horses. Friend of mine has the Helix smf set up and i found it noisier and more snatchy when pulling away...always seems to want to launch you from standing point, rather that a slow pull away (guess that'll be a...
  6. DandB

Cupra brake time. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any advice to give? Or does everyone stick with OEM?
  7. DandB

Cupra brake time. Any suggestions?

Need new discs and pads on front! I have found the standard brakes to be pretty good, but just wondered if anyone has experience of a better upgrade for a reasonable cost?! Did see some grooved discs on the forum a short time ago....any good? Prices? Places? Thanks
  8. DandB

lowering or remap

Aesthetic/slight handling mod VS go faster mod??? I chose to go faster first and would chose the same again! I don't care what the car looks like when i'm smiling from the accelerator pedal. Springs do sort the ride out a little and make it looks less ridiculously high though. For me - Springs...
  9. DandB

insurance for remap

Gr33nlight insurance, 4 years ncb, 33 - All mods declared - £674
  10. DandB

Cupra Clutch Q

I cant tell the difference between the oem clutch and my Sachs now its bedded in good (Apart from it doesnt slip)!
  11. DandB

Struggling to decide between the Forge and ITG intake help plz

+1 Would've got ITG if i wanted more noise!
  12. DandB

Remap or not to remap???

To drive the car like the handbrake has been left on, or to drive the car with some extra oomph?! Do it!
  13. DandB

Corrosion in piston 4, spark plug chamber.

All depending how much water is actually getting in...some have just a small amount every now and again, others every time it rains. Once replace the car is fine! If persistent an engine cover of some sort is needed, or to totally seal the entry holes beneath the scuttle panel!
  14. DandB

Rainwater gets into Engine Bay from Scuttle on my Leon FR

Has this fix now fixed the previous fix successfully?
  15. DandB

Corrosion in piston 4, spark plug chamber.

Identical problem that i've had here. Water ingress due to a lack of engine cover. Just goes to show how much water actually gets in! Just replace coilpack and plug, it'll be fine. Although finding a permanent solution for the water problem is more difficult!
  16. DandB

Exhaust help needed.. calling blueflame owners!

My exhaust gets heavily sooted quickly but never really noticed it blacken the car, although i do have a black car, but i'm sure i would've noticed when its clean. The cooling down noise is normal!
  17. DandB

Alloys Refurbed

I think the fact they're 19" makes them look better too...do like those bbs though!
  18. DandB

Blueflame sound

Glad you like it! Get it in 2nd gear and floor it with your some window down while going through a tunnel, or next to a wall or something to bounce the sound back...Awesome! :whistle: It does seem to get a little bit louder after a few miles on it!
  19. DandB

Coilpack Recall Affecting VAG Engines

Tell me about it....AND i dont even have an engine cover to remove. I can change them in 3 mins i reckon! :D
  20. DandB

Coilpack Recall Affecting VAG Engines

I walked into my dealer and they were not aware of a recall. They put my BWJ 2007 plate in their computer but it was not due a replacement, however i did have some coilpacks installed that i knew were on the list for replacement and i explained of a misfire. They proceeded to diagnose that i...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.