Search results

1. jase750

backwards dv

having the boost pushing against the spring ??? So on full boost there's a chance of boost leaking past ?? They shouldn't be run in reverse .
  2. jase750

Time for a new turbo

does it bellow out smoke ? Does it squeel like a pig ? Have you lost boost ? If not then don't worry. Even new turbo's have play because there's no bearing in tne world that can keep up with the speeds a turbo can spin the turbine sits on a film of oil. So if it's not doing any of the above...
  3. jase750

Help me stop smoking (turbo that is)

right i've taken the breathers off cleaned them out and re fitted them, done about 500 miles now and it's not doing it anywhere near as much
  4. jase750

Coil packs playing up

got a full set of 4 genuine coil packs from PSI for £69+vat. My thinking was if one went the others won't be far behind
  5. jase750

not really no it's going but not massively i do 65 miles a day so i have to keep an eye on the oil
  6. jase750

right I've noticed that I've started to smoke a little bit and was wondering if you could help me before I go and take the turbo off. on cold start up there's no smoke at all, just the usual water vapour. driving around it's fine no problems, once it's up to temperature and I've stood in...
  7. jase750

3" front pipe and De-cat fitting later

Milltek 3" down pipe and matching de-cat so I'm Milltek, turbo to tailpipe now :)
  8. jase750

I can confirm that it is a complete nightmare to get the old one off, you do have to drop the subframe to get at it, Vanquish performance in Liverpool fitted it, tweeked the map and spaced the lambda out , it sounds great on full song but still good on the motorway back. and it DOES make one...
  9. jase750

Today's the day I have my front pipe and de-cat fitted, having Milltek to go with the rest of the system. So I'll let everybody know if it makes any difference at all, as some people seem to think that a de-cat makes no change other than the sound so once it's all fitted I will be 100% honest...
  10. jase750

cat back & springs

the Milltek I have
  11. jase750

Old LCR v's new LCR

Had a test drive in a new Cupra R today. Impresions ? well it's a very very nice place to sit the seats and interior are a world ahead of my car, it's a bit of a big old bus and not great to see out of, I thought the rear three quarter view on mine was bad but the new leon is just a joke. on...
  12. jase750

cat back & springs

not sure they havd two i think they've changed style, rather than having two pipes from the back box covered with one oval. Mine has just one pipe from the back box and a proper oval
  13. jase750

remapped lcr and clio 182 real world difference

he could have been a better driver lol ;)
  14. jase750

High octane fuel - is it worth it?

nah it's because it was a wrx with chocolate bottom end
  15. jase750

eibach anti roll bar

that's unusual ? arb's don't normally effect the ride ? on springs and shocks I've noticed a real difference in the corners with just a rear Eibach arb on
  16. jase750

no the ecu will just back off, you'll just loose a bit of performance it won't damage the engine if it's a decent map anyway, the ecu does adapt quite a bit
  17. jase750

when they were sponsored by momentum that was the best looks like they've got a new sponsor ;)
  18. jase750

so that's a yes then !
  19. jase750

cat back & springs

The new style Milltek is a nice big oval
  20. jase750

Do you look into things to much

but the ecu DOES know that the tip is more free flowing, the maf tells it that it is so it can measure out the fuel for the air going into the engine otherwise it would be running too lean. So fitting a tip/filter WILL make a difference because more air + more fuel = more power :)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.