Search results

1. EPC Light / Won’t start

So I went to pick my car up today after leaving it overnight. The mechanic said it wouldn't start last night but it did this morning. So he went back to check the crank sensor he fitted yesterday and found oil and grime all around and inside the connector and admitted that yesterday he just...
  2. EPC Light / Won’t start

You think it might be the 460 relay?
  3. EPC Light / Won’t start

I will also add that the fans were coming on more than usual even without the aircon on, which they don't normally do, and idling revs seemed a bit high, around 1200 when I would expect below the 1 mark.
  4. EPC Light / Won’t start

Thanks for all your suggesstions. I went and purchased a crank, cam and coolant sensor and took to my local garage for them to fit (I don't have time!) Took it for a spin afterwards and within a few miles, exact same problem! :mad: lack of power, ECU light came on and car wouldn't start after I...
  5. EPC Light / Won’t start

Thanks for advice guys... so just to be clear, I would need 4 sensors here? 1. crank sensor 2. camshaft sensor 3. coolant sensor 4. exhaust gas temp sensor but it's possible 2-4 might be a result of 1 failing?
  6. EPC Light / Won’t start

I think I have the same symptoms as decribed here... I'm stuck in traffic when suddenly the engine cuts out and the battery light comes on. I try to start the ignition and nothing, no turnover. I wait 10 secs and try again, this time after a bit of splutter it starts up. When I drive on I...
  7. Alhambra 2011 rear bumper in R7L silver

Still after one of these if anyone has one?
  8. Alhambra 2011 rear bumper in R7L silver

Alhambra SE Lux Mk2 (7N) 2011 Colour: R7L Silver Leaf Metallic w/parking assist system
  9. Breather pipe kit for LCR Mk1?

which bits and where from?
  10. Breather pipe kit for LCR Mk1?

I recently decided to take my 14 yr old LCR to get a dyno measurement done, since I've never known what it was pulling since my remap about 10 years ago. The guy suggested I should first change all the breather pipework as some bits were starting to look a bit worn. He said I could probably get...
  11. 2013 Alhambra Fuse box location

Brilliant, thanks!
  12. 2013 Alhambra Fuse box location

Hi, Could anyone in this thread send me the fuse list pics for the Alhambra please (mine is 2011 model). The ones here are a bit small to read. Thanks!
  13. Wiring Diagrams & Fuse boxes

I need this information too. I have no idea which fuse is used for what on the attached pics...
  14. LCR temp drop + loss of power in waves

Thanks for the replies. Well I bought a new temp sensor today so going to fit it tomorrow and see if that makes any difference. If not will try the other suggestions :-)
  15. LCR temp drop + loss of power in waves

Not sure if these issues are related, but thought I'd ask... So on a long motorway drive last week I noticed the temperature gauge on the dash dropped from 90 down to 60 and then hovered around 75 before returning to 90. It did this a couple of times. Obviously the engine wasn't cold, so could...
  16. New battery recommendation?

The time has come to replace the battery in my LCR. Has lasted 9 years :-) Does anyone have any recommendations which one to get? Varta? Lucas? Yuasa? Exide? Any particular rating? Thanks.
  17. Running rough - coilpack?

I recently had my excessive pollution light come on and the car lost some power. After reading through this thread it definitely seemed like I had a failed coilpack. I diagnosed it to cylinder 2 using VCDS. So I bought a new pack and fitted it. No problems, seemed back to normal. Today I was on...
  18. Hello all, Help with Remap

I'm also wondering which remap to go for... why is CC better than revo? (apart from being cheaper) what about performance-torque? I assume there is a theoretical maximum performance you can get from software? is it that they all differ in the sensors they monitor?
  19. Coin tray for Leon!

I use the ash tray... only problem is the annoying rattle when going over bumps :(
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members