Search results

1. lower bumper grill/ deer strike

Just to update. The lower grille just clips in and there is no need to remove bumper. I also had to fit a new cradle for the front assist unit as was damaged. Whilst driving around prior to repair I had the warning of front assist unavailable however upon refit of said unit it recalibrated after...
  2. lower bumper grill/ deer strike

Can the lower grille be fitted with bumper in place or does it need to come off the car?
  3. lower bumper grill/ deer strike

hello, i own a 2017 FR model and i had the unfortunate event of hitting a deer this morning. Damage not to bad, just the lower grill damaged. Is this part replaceable or do you have to get a whole new bumper? Also the front assist is now not working. Is this an expensive fix? Any help...
  4. stop start doesnt work

its definitely a new battery, i marked the old one
  5. stop start doesnt work

update Just picked car up from dealers, who informed me that they have replaced the battery, and stop/start is now working
  6. stop start doesnt work

thanks for the replies, I have checked the battery and it says EFB on it. I dont do short trips, my commute to work is 23 miles, and it has never worked. I dont have a/c on and stop/start has never worked. The tech guy at the dealership informed me they had fixed it the last time by recoding the...
  7. stop start doesnt work

hello, i purchased a 2017 leon 1.4 tsi 3 months ago from a dealer and the stop/start feature has never worked. Car was booked in a month ago to address this and was informed the problem was fixed by recoding the battery. Again, the stop/start feature has never worked and the car is going back in...
  8. front brake discs

i own a 2002 toledo 1.9 tdi se. Engine code asv. Cab anybody tell me the size of the front brake discs, as i have seen 3 different sizes listed for sale for year of car. Many thanks.
  9. Toledo TDI 110 S front brakes

i own a 2002 1.9tdise toledo engine code asv. Checked the build sheet and couldnt find either of those codes
  10. garage damaged car

when i take it back what are my rights? Am i knackered because technically i never inspected the car fully? Just asking because i think the garage will probably deny it was them. If i use a hammer to take the dent out will this cause the floor to crack or split
  11. garage damaged car

my car went into a local garage yesterday morning to have the steering rack replaced. Got a phone call yesterday afternoon to say it was ready but to hurry down as they closed shortly. Paid bill and left. However whilst cleaning car today i discovered that there is an upward dent in the rear...
  12. garage damaged car

my car went into a local garage to get the steering rack replace yesterday morning(saturday). I got a phone call late on saturday afternoon to say it was ready, but to be quick as they closed in approx 25 mins. Went down paid fror the repair, however when vacuuming the carpet today i notice that...
  13. loss of power steering fluid

thanks for the replies. Have been informed it is the rack that needs replaced. The fluid was coming out the gator on the drivers side, mechanic showed me. Will get a price from him tomorrow, hopefully not to bad. Also been informed this is a common fault.
  14. loss of power steering fluid

i own a 2002 tdi se. Driving home today car started making whining noises when steering. Gradually got louder and louder. Checked the power steering fluid level and it was below minimum so i topped it up and hey presto no more noise. However, about an hour later noise started coming back...
  15. front wiper problem

new wiper motor fitted, problem solved.
  16. front wiper problem

has nobody else experienced this
  17. front wiper problem

anybody?
  18. front wiper problem

further to add it now only does it sometimes when i start the car. Is this a relay fault or a wiper stalk fault? Does anybody know where relay is?
  19. front wiper problem

i own a 2002 toledo se tdi. A couple of days ago my front wipers developed a strange problem. When turning the key in the ignition the wipers come on even if the stalk is in the off position. They make a few sweeps of the windscreen and stop but not in the correct position. Then, no matter what...
  20. wiper problem

thanks for your reply. As i said mine only plays up when i first start the car then about two minutes later it works as it should and does not play up again until i switch off engine and restart. If it is the stalk are they difficult to replace? Quite a few on sale on ebay for not very much. Is...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.