Search results

1. Determining MAF or Sticky vanes?

All VAG dealers class the turbo as a non-repairable part, and will simply try to replace the whole part.
  2. help with no throttle response (limp mode)

The two switches (redundant) are setup to have a matching shift point, if one fails, or is set differently to the other, the car will commence 'emergency running'. Having said that, replacements will generally work ok out of the box.
  3. General Remap Question

All our engines are very well covered in terms of remapping, but some tuners will do things slightly different to others. If you have standard hardware, i personally would not pay £500 for a remap. It is all money well spent though, just have a good trawl of remap comparisons and pick a...
  4. General Remap Question

There are many excellent tuners who will alter your existing mapping to suit your requirements for around £250-£350. Why anyone would pay so much for a generic or offset map is beyond me.
  5. PSI Injection Pump Tuning Box

It alters the quantity adjuster position signal to the ECU, this results in a larger volume of fuel being injected. It increases the injection window, injecting further into the stroke, this does result in higher EGT's but is not serious. Old skool boxes altered the fuel temp signal to add...
  6. Advise : Performance of Remapped Altea 2.0 TDI DSG

The CVT 'multitronic' boxes have a slightly higher torque limit (300lb/ft) and there are mods with the hydraulics and software, but these boxes are much more suitable for relatively higher bhp (lower torque) petrol applications. We need Veyron type transmission for highly tuned auto diesels. lol
  7. Advise : Performance of Remapped Altea 2.0 TDI DSG

Bear in mind that the DSG boxes have a torque limit of around 240 ft/lb.
  8. Price of diesel

You only need to look at the new 'green' car tax system, and it is obvious that diesel prices are set to massively increase over the next few years. I dont think 'green' has much to do with it unfortunately.
  9. 0.216 injectors or tuning box?

There are lots of simple circuits out there for fooling the MAP sensor. The simplest would be a small diode in series on (forget which pin?) Swapping your 2.5bar for an uncalibrated 3bar map sensor will also raise boost pressure by stopping you overboosting at the normal pressure limit...
  10. tdi lag

Do you have a boost gauge fitted? What bar/psi are you spiking and steady at? What rpm's does your power seem to come online? What does it rev to, and when does the power start dropping off? I can not imagine that any tuner would have to lengthen the VNT actuator rod on a 'VA'...
  11. MAF quesion

The Pierburg is the part that everyone wants to change to. The Bosch probes (at least the old design, not sure about the new meatier type) are the ones that constantly fail. If you have the old full Pierburg MAF on your car, that is the correct part.
  12. tdi lag

It is a difference in the mapping, the GT1749V (vnt15) and GT1749VA are virtually identical internally, they will both spool the same. Could be whoever tuned it is preserving your clutch, as the PD has more torque? What rpm's does boost seem to kick in? A standard 110 VE will come on boost...
  13. MAF quesion

Most early VAG TDI engines had either the Pierburg 'hot wire' complete MAF, which has a rectangular part on the tube body with the connector on the side, or the Pierburg or Bosch probe type, which fits straight into the MAF tube. The full 'hotwire' type MAF (7.18221.01.0 (OLD) - 7.18221.51.0...
  14. intermittent loss of turbo. 110 tdi

Dont drive around at low revs in a higher gear, the TDI torque can promote this style of driving. Pretend you have a 1.8T engine and rev it out to 4k or more, often. A few weeks driving like this may help to free any deposits. 50 or 60 miles of towing a heavy trailer will free up my vnt...
  15. what fault is it when the cars glow plug light flashes and only ticks over? mk 2 tdi

If your throttle pot has failed your idle revs should be raised to allow you to limp to a garage. If yur brake is on (as stated above) you should have a light.
  16. intermittent loss of turbo. 110 tdi

Your car is going into 'limp mode' due to a turbo 'underboost' or 'overboost'. The most likely cause is the turbo VNT mechanism (internal wastegate) sticking. The cars see's the boost deviate from that requested by the ECU map and puts the car into a temporary low power mode, to preserve...
  17. MOT and larger injectors?

Last mot i passed running 0.232 PP502's, everything else stock. Virtually no smoke except at WOT. You could always hike the IQ right up before the test if it is smoking a little.
  18. Whats the best Ecu tuning box ?

Both a remap and a tuning box are essentially 'overfueling' the engine, that is how more power is gained. (with standard injection nozzles on a VE, both extending injection duration/advance) A remap is a better solution as more parameters are 'safely' altered, and you will never have the...
  19. what performance can i expect?

I agree, an uprated intercooler side or front mount would be very beneficial, however fueling for an extra 45-50bhp should only need one or two more psi to run smoke free, so charge and EGT temps will not increase massively (relatively, lol). I am thinking more in terms of the transverse dual...
  20. what performance can i expect?

You can definitely expect a new clutch, they are a weak point on the PD100's. Your VNT15 (GT1749V or equivalent) turbo can be straight swapped for a 'VA' if you want to run more than 21psi, but wont really be needed for 150bhp. The standard side mount intercooler is fine at these power...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.