Search results

1. MatG

Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Update guys and girls: Spoke to SEAT UK today and they are replacing all 4 injectors and the loom free of charge, we have the courtesy car as well until it's ready. They actually said it's a known issue, did not argue it at all and were really pleasant to deal with. All they did do was to...
  2. MatG

Im expecting all 4 to be changed and the loom, I think everyone should be the same from now on. especially if they changing so many as a good will gesture. Like many in here I dont myself or the girlfriend driving the car and it dyeing on her in a dangerous situation.
  3. MatG

Wow I love forums and the power they give people. My 56plate and on 55k miles FR died again yesterday. Not long out of warranty, serviced 2 weeks ago, bought from and serviced at the same dealership had its second injector go :( No.1 Injector went november and was covered by warranty, they...
  4. MatG

Cooling fan on constant - Leon FR

Sorry for not updating, been busy at work and away for the weekend as well. The smaller fan was replaced as it was diagnosed as faulty. However after it was changed the problem was still there. So the larger fan was replaced as it houses the electrics for the smaller one and the problem was...
  5. MatG

Thanks all for the replies. As Bedlam has said above there is next to no space, in fact I am suprised by the little space there is on this engine in the bay. I took a trip to the dealer today, who know what the problem is, are getting the parts for this afternoon and are fixing it at 2pm and...
  6. MatG

had a look around and can not see the fan switch anywhere. Any idea what side top or bottom? Looked in the owners hand book and tells you every thing other cooling fans. Tried all fuses in the engine bay (next to battery) and nothing, tried some under the steering wheel that i can access easy...
  7. MatG

That was my inital thought but its been on for over 2 hours, I think thats too long.
  8. MatG

Somthing is up with the cooling van on my Leon FR tdi. I am guessing the sensor is knackered and thinks the car is still hot as the fans are on constant. Obviously this will drain the battery pretty quickly. Could you tell me where the fuse is for the fans, location and number? Or if the...
  9. MatG

Any1 put 20s on the new leon yet??

if you get the wheel and tyre fitment correct there is no reason whay you can not lower it the same as acar on 18's or 19's. Fitting 30 profile tyres will keep your rolling radius the same as fitting 18's and 19's :)
  10. MatG

Am i being ripped off??

to help you decide: £15000 07 Fr Tdi 3 months old 2600 miles on the clock. Met Paint Bluetooth 18's full tank of petrol 1 year tax flowers for the girlfriend :)
  11. MatG

K1 Colour?

indeed white is far from exclusive these days - very manufacturer is pushing white cars this year.... how long will the colour be fashional for I wonder!
  12. MatG

Rusty Wheel Hubs

I have this issue as well, but I will just sort it myself. I like the black above looks great ;) for those of you that have only used shampoo and no wheel cleaner, I would say the damage was done before you got the car. Every car will be cleaned before it is given to you, dealers will use the...
  13. MatG

Pictures of your lowered Leons please

coilovers are great for getting the correct stance, but the ride quality will suffer IE it will be harder than a separate shock and spring set up. Just springs - not sure if its the same on the leons but on the astras doing a drop of around 30-40mm on standard shocks is fine, it will give...
  14. MatG

Leon FR TDI sold after two months

Sorry to hear you have given the car back and the other people complaining about their leons. I feel the need to stick up for the humble leon in this thread though! The Leon is billed as the sporty arm of the VAG group, so buying an FR or cupra you are buying a sport model. Its not meant...
  15. MatG

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

freewheelin' - nice Evo :)
  16. MatG

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

mines an odd one. As the car a is joint car (I say joint its Sarahs until she wants to have a drink, then its mine ;) )but wasnt before we had it. I got rid of my mk2 golf, sarah got rid of her mk4 golf and we got the Leon :) However I still have my stupidly modified astra to play with! :)
  17. MatG

just got shot of my fr tdi

you wait till you deal with ford customer service!! sorry to hear of your bad experiance :(
  18. MatG

agreed it looks a nice drop - and certainly useable. :) I take it its on standard shocks? Was there a marked improvment in handling? Is the ride crashy or about the same?
  19. MatG

was that the pro kit or the sportline?
  20. MatG

Used Leon FR Tdi Worth It ??

I paid £15k for an 07 with 18's and bluetooth with 2500 on the clock. So I would so no its over priced. Speak to Irfan for sure, or shop around.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members