Search results

1. MikeShaw100

Wheel Rash Gone!

For Mild rash this solution may be ok. Mine needed a couple of mm machining off at the rim tapered to zero mm at the centre, cut to keep the circular diamond circular lines. The photos really don't do this justice as they are like new again. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  2. MikeShaw100

Wheel Rash Gone!

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback and questions, which I can address as follows. Alloy Wheel Repairs Yorkshire on 01924259932. Had all sorts of wheels in with all sorts of problems. They took the wheels off to be recut on their diamond twin machine. Price included clean, recut, lacquer...
  3. MikeShaw100

Wheel Rash Gone!

Lost control at low speed on ice and ended up using two of my wheels as a brake on a roundabout. No one else involved thank god, but massive scrapes down two of my wheels. Local engineering place in Wakefield did an amazing job recutting and sealing for £60 per corner. Happy again now...
  4. MikeShaw100

Fr184 mpg

I am at 10k and average to date is 53mpg. I like to boot the car a little and still get greater than 43mpg on most trips, but have had 69mpg on one journey down the m1 recently. My wife took this photo of one trip just so we could prove to friends how economic the leon FR really is. Still...
  5. MikeShaw100

Body kit -what's the best price

I negotiated the whole kit for £2k saving £500 and well happy. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  6. MikeShaw100

Mk3 spoiler

Went for the whole lot excluding front bumper and well happy. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  7. MikeShaw100

Economy difference between mk2 CR170 and mk3 184

I had mk2 170 and now mk3 184 and getting between 15 to 20% better economy overall. That's before the £160+ tax saving per year. Well happy. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  8. MikeShaw100

Alor Blue Kitted SC

Yes it's a fantastic kit but to suggest its better on one model over another. In the immortal words of Up Pompeii.
  9. MikeShaw100

Alor Blue Kitted SC

Nice.
  10. MikeShaw100

Front Bumber Wrapping

Thanks Mark, Rob. I wanted it to look striking, but without lots of mods. The gloss looks fine against the Matt grill IMHO.
  11. MikeShaw100

Difference Between Sports Styling Kit and Sports Styling Pack

Here is mine and well happy. It was 2.5k before negotiations with the dealer.
  12. MikeShaw100

Front Bumber Wrapping

Here you go. I went for gloss to match the gloss rear defuser.
  13. MikeShaw100

Emocion Red or Phantom Black for 184 FR

Either looks great and one less white one on the road. Enjoy.
  14. MikeShaw100

How are you finding you FR 184's?

At 5k miles, long term average is 52mpg and I often give it some stick. Best economy to date on a long trip is 68mpg. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  15. MikeShaw100

Titanium pack - worth getting?

My thoughts process was that to spec up the standard 17" alloys to 18" alloys was around £350, so was only then an additional £350 for sharper machine finished wheels and coloured mirror caps. They do look mint so in my mind worth every penny. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  16. MikeShaw100

Adding body kit to mk3

I have posted these picks on other threads, but attached in case you have not seen them Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  17. MikeShaw100

Adding body kit to mk3

Hi daFoot, ethtechno I negotiated a discount of £500 on the kit as I was taking finance. £2k including paint and fitting, also the dealer (cars 2 Wakefield) threw in the front bumper black respray for free. Result. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  18. MikeShaw100

Adding body kit to mk3

Body kit is not factory fitted for UK sales as far as I am aware. It's a dealer option and they fit it. No issues with the sensors when they fitted mine. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  19. MikeShaw100

Show me your white mk3...

Here is mine. Candy white lightning. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  20. MikeShaw100

Mk3 body kit

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members