Search results

1. Mr_Dave

ROLL CAGES - Help haha

I'm track-focusing my Leon atm as well. I mailed Safety Devices and they replied that they don't do a production roll cage for the Leon.. Not sure what to try next haha
  2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave's Ovni Yellow LCR

Haha yeah, fundamentally not really changed either tbh, just the seats to be honest! What are you in these days?
  3. Mr_Dave

Yes, please!
  4. Mr_Dave

Cheers pal, I'll check that out! Aiming to at least double what I did this year
  5. Mr_Dave

Oh and my sig is way out of date...
  6. Mr_Dave

So.. I logged in looking for any LSD for sale. Saw my own thread on the fancy new forum As it happened, the R never met her end thanks to Jake. But this new forum software doesn't seem to allow thread titles to be changed, smort! It's still going strong, done a fair few track days since...
  7. Mr_Dave

CG Motorsport

Reviving a marginally old thread but I'm looking at one now. Mate is running one in a Golf GTTDi Hybrid and it's been great for him.
  8. Mr_Dave

jake - I'll give you a shout for a rough idea, but I really don't know what/if I'm prepared to spend. cupraslayer - yeah - it's sad, but I've got no one to blame except myself, and I did kinda know it was a possibility of using it exclusively on track .. just didn't think about how I'd feel if...
  9. Mr_Dave

Yep I know it's cosmetic - but that's what'll piss me off ;) Don't have money to throw at it now, just bought a house. Get more money breaking it, so that's what I'll likely be doing unless I come into some no strings money quicktime!
  10. Mr_Dave

Had another track day at Oulton last Tuesday. Stacked it. She won't be coming back from this. Still drives - all cosmetic, but I think the time has come to let it go. Bye bye LCR.
  11. Mr_Dave

My new wee beastie - sti content

Jake, I don't like white dude, and this is no exception :p Looked alright grey, though ;)
  12. Mr_Dave

**TRACKDAY 2** Jays Tribu Ibiza Cupra TSI 211bhp.

This. Though being honest I never had enough faith in my Cupra to properly rail it using the paddles. Only just really got into it in the BM but it makes it loads of fun. That said, there's always going to be something super satisfying about nailing gear changes in a manual. Super jealous...
  13. Mr_Dave

Thinking of getting another Cupra Or Boca?

An Ibiza Cupra more fun to drive than a Leon? WAT! I always used to prefer driving my LCR over the Ibiza Cupra I had. With the problems, I think you're mad for considering going back lol.
  14. Mr_Dave

Sticky rear caliper

I've previously been told that it's not really worth screwing around trying to refurb the calliper - in that you can do it but it's more hassle than it's worth. New calliper is about £60 from a dealer iirc.
  15. Mr_Dave

Another Cheshire Newbie!

More than likely then - although it's not all that often I'm awake before around 9:30 - but do have a day or two a week in London so get the train from Crewe.
  16. Mr_Dave

Another Cheshire Newbie!

Haha - it's possible you have - I've had a 206 XSi, then an Ibiza FR TDi, followed by the Leon, which I kept whilst I bought a mk5 Ibiza Cupra - now still got the Leon but hav a BM. Have probably seen your car about tbh :)
  17. Mr_Dave

Another Cheshire Newbie!

Around near the Rugby Club for me ;]
  18. Mr_Dave

Just Ordered The New Ibiza Cupra

If you can drive it a lot using them that's cool - but in mine I had to rev it to have any fun, and when I rev'd it I was always scared because of misfires lol. Also being a 1.4 the top end felt really weak - it always felt as though it was going from a gear that was running out of poke to a...
  19. Mr_Dave

Just Ordered The New Ibiza Cupra

That front end makes me so sad. Looks like a pre-fl bodykit. Auto will bore you to tears in a 1.4 after a month or two. DSG is the worst thing to happen in the Cupra. Small engine needs manual. Fingers crossed on no engine problems for you though.
  20. Mr_Dave

Another Cheshire Newbie!

In fact - would you have had an Ibiza back then? I seem to recall speaking to someone about Ibizas when I was there haha
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members