Search results

1. MattW35

Parking Sensors

TBH, I would never ever get a dealer to retro fit something, I learnt this the hard way as well. I bought my Mk2 and part of the deal was that they would fit bluetooth for hands free calling. What they fitted was an afterthought Nokia system... You never get the factory fitted item retro...
  2. MattW35

Well it's goodbye to Seat

I have Leon's for 11-12 year, and genuinely happy with them. Just chopped my FR184 for a 10 month old Golf GTD DSG. I guess it's not a fair comparison, because I didn't have a good look at a 16 184, but I will say that the Golf feels like a nicer place to be. Not a single rattle, and the...
  3. MattW35

FR Front Bumper - Honeycomb Grille (Lower) / Bumper Removal

So is it possible to remove those clips without removing the whole bumper?? and of so,how?!?! My plan was to remove the grill, and then have access (hopefully) to the centre parking sensors.
  4. MattW35

FR Front Bumper - Honeycomb Grille (Lower) / Bumper Removal

So are we saying that the only way to remove the lower grill is to remove the whole bumper?? I had a look at mine this afternoon (want to look at replacing a parking sensor), I removed the 2 bit front screws, but it feels like it's held pretty much all the way round.
  5. MattW35

Parking sensor problem

Thank you both, that's perfect. fer b16 - I presume you have to paint the front of the sensor to match the bumper?
  6. MattW35

Parking sensor problem

No, I haven't got mine sorted. It did settle down for a while, but it back being a right pain. I'm currently planning on trying to work out how to get the old one out / and looking at replacing it. Does anyone know how they are held / how to get them out. Also what the part numbers are / if...
  7. MattW35

Parking sensor problem

Yeah i'm guessing it must be stone damage or similar. It's had that "finish" for an age, but it hasn't been a problem until a couple of days ago. Is it a coloured cover on the front of the sensor, or are there different coloured sensors?? It's definitely intermittent. I've done a 300 mile...
  8. MattW35

Parking sensor problem

I don't think it's that in this case, because that pic was taken sat on my drive with no other cars running around. Annoyingly, looks like I might have a real problem.
  9. MattW35

Parking sensor problem

Has anyone had a problem with front parking sensors going off when ever you get below a certain speed. I'm assuming it's falsely detecting that I'm close to hitting something. It started yesterday, I wiped the sensor that I suspected was causing the problem, and it seemed to stop doing it...
  10. MattW35

Sat-Nav

It's not the best, but, I find it perfectly usable. A couple of times the routes it's taken me weren't amazing compared to my old Tomtom, but they were perfectly acceptable routes.
  11. MattW35

Pad wear warning

Because they were worn to the recommended minimum of 22mm. It's funny how in one single thread you can be thought of as someone that's planning on running round with risky brakes, and also someone who is stupid enough to go to Kwik fit / replace stuff that doesn't need replacing. You've got to...
  12. MattW35

Pad wear warning

I wasn't intending to keep running around on them for an age, just wondered how "urgent" it actually was, as I didn't know at the time when I'd be able to get them done. New pads and disks fitted today, so all sorted now. The actual answer to my question appears to be that it wasn't that...
  13. MattW35

Pad wear warning

Does anyone know how urgent it is when you get the "check brake wear" indicator?? I had it come on earlier today, but then after I stopped the car and restarted later, it didn't come on. So I'm guessing it's only just hit the wear threshold - although I'd have thought being theoretically a...
  14. MattW35

Correct MPG??

My MPG takes a hit in the winter, always has over 3 diesel Seat's. I typically average 540 - 560 miles per tank over the winter in my 184 Leon.
  15. MattW35

184 tdi mpg

I definitely found that my car's MPG got better once there was a few miles on the clock. It had 3000 when i bought it, 61000 now!! I generally average 550 to a tank, and I usually fill up when it's got around 50 miles on the range / the light comes on. I've had above 600 once or twice. Also...
  16. MattW35

How to know what sound system I have

The Seat sound "sub" isn't exactly big!!
  17. MattW35

iPhone on ios10 problems

No issues on my 6s and iOS 10. There has been talk of BMW drivers having issues with iPhones 7's http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-bmw-bluetooth-audio-issues/
  18. MattW35

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Got AS2 on the front of my FR, AS3 on the rear. Happy with both. I think it's co incidence, but I have had punctures in both of the rears since I've had them, but I'm fairly sure it's unlikely to be related to the tyre itself.
  19. MattW35

Tyre pressure monitoring retro fit

My Mk3 seems to trigger a fault when the pressure drops 4-5psi. TBH, I'm happy enough with that.
  20. MattW35

Time for new tyres! FR184

I always replace as pairs, but don't worry too much about having different front and rear. Last tyres I bought were Goodyear Asymmetric 3's, happy enough with them. That was rears, and I have the V2's on the front.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.