Search results

1. MrT

Change in design of TFSi engine. Important issue with fuel pump and engine wear

Now I know there is a recession but given the work involved somehow £10 is not quite that appealing at the mo..............:whistle: Have a look at the guides, and if you feel confident and have the tools then you can keep that £10 for Friday night...Everybody wins then.....:D
  2. MrT

Mine has done 60k (07) no rough sounds and never have changed the bucket on the cam in the pump, running SC BF and all appears to be well. Having said that, the wear on on the bucket will probably be gruesome...........Hey ho! :blink:
  3. MrT

Armrest

A distinct possibility..............watch this space..........;)
  4. MrT

Armrest

I have an armrest in my MKII Leon which will be surplus to requirements shortly....:)
  5. MrT

rust behind alloys on the wheel drum

I think you will find that this happens no matter what mark you pick, wheel hubs are steel and will rust. Best thing to do is invest in a wire brush from Halfords (or is that Chalfords) and a tin of metal silver spray paint....hey ho presto..........;)
  6. MrT

revo or custom code?

Personally i would go Revo..........You won't look back..trust me...:D
  7. MrT

Noisy / clicking engine - Leon FR 2.0TFSI

This is perfectly normal as it is the HP fuel rail operating.........The TFSI uses this as do alot of other engine makers....Don't get hung up about it...:thumbup:
  8. MrT

Superchip Bluefin

As i said before, if you want to continue modding go Revo or CC, if you just want the map and say filter go SC BF, good value for money and now cheaper at £499! It may be possible (for a fee) that if you do go BF and continue with mods that SC will modify the settings, it may be worth asking...
  9. MrT

Superchip Bluefin

It's good but not aggressive, plenty usable power and torque is equally as good. To summarise, if you just want a map and say filter (whatever choice that may be) i would say go Bluefin, Superchips are reputable and they invest a huge amount of time and money in R&d, so the map is extremely...
  10. MrT

Superchip Bluefin

Just put on my TFSI yesterday, so far first imporessions are good but due to lots of traffic around at the time (rush hour) evaluation limited. Getting a good run in today so will be in a better position to comment.........:)
  11. MrT

Pure Highway DAB radio

http:// Installed at the back of console and hard wired so no trailing cable. http:// Tried the antenna supplied but found it cut DAB receive too much, so installed roof mount. http://
  12. MrT

Pure Highway DAB radio

There is an FM transmitter in the Pure DAB unit and it tunes into a free station on the HU (choose same FM frequency) I will try and post some pics of the installation.
  13. MrT

Pure Highway DAB radio

I liked the idea of this unit so went ahead and ordered, installed now but decided to hard wire the unit and also replace the supplied antenna with an OEM roof mount replacement........Have to say it's pretty good, altough it does drop out of DAB more regularly than Blaupunkt units i have had......
  14. MrT

Dealer asked if my car was chipped!

It's only for a check light possibly illuminating, it affects all VAG cars using the Golf V GTI platform and only within a certain year and chassis range. So, Skoda Octavia Vrs, Seat leon Audi A3 and obviously Golf V GTI.......At service on my Octy VRS the dealer tried to contact me but had...
  15. MrT

Secure Mounting Options in a Cupra for a Camera?

Auto Express did a brief feature on a external and internal monted camera unit for such purposes a couple of issues back. Might be worth contacting and try and get a back issue! Sorry, mag in recycling now and can't remember the name of the unit....
  16. MrT

Dealer asked if my car was chipped!

Customers have the option NOT to have the ECU upgrade as a preference and if the dealer suspects the car is mapped IS obliged to contact the client and ask. Think about it, the map is not part of the standard car (under warranty) so therefore belongs to the customer. If said customer has his/her...
  17. MrT

One thing i would say and that nobody as far as i can see has mentioned, is that you must set the engine to TDC (top dead centre) before attempting to withdraw the pump! I have the APR pump fitted and from memory no mention of TDC set is in the installation guidelines!
  18. MrT

Faulty Fuel Gauge

Just thought i would give an update as this may be an issue for the future. Car still in the stealers, tank sender changed and dash pod changed.....result, no change.........fuel level reading the same as before...:cry: It would appear that the fault lies between the tank and the dash...
  19. MrT

Faulty Fuel Gauge

Thanks for the reply Gruffs very useful Car is back in the stealers at the moment and all is leading to dash pod being at fault, tank sender unit replaced and no fault codes, just waiting for Seat to get their finger out and confirm it is the dash pod. Car still has two years warranty left...
  20. MrT

Faulty Fuel Gauge

Thanks for posting reply and my apologies for not responding but been away workng and then again out of the country on holiday, so have not been at home lately......:headhurt: Car went back into stealers today and no answer from them so far, they replaced the fuel level sensor initially and...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise